++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #16
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
some people can't play fast enough when they first start to make that one string riff work

Plus the fills in the chorus aren't the easiest thing to learn as a beginner.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:33 AM   #17
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Yeah Higher is pretty hard if you dont have the hand for it. but the bridge of what if is the same as the interlude. its on two strings and you can even play it on one, its not hard. Ode is too fast for a beginner. it might be on one string, but its fast. ive been playing it for a while now and i still sluggish compared to mark. say i is also easy
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 06-22-2003, 01:45 AM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I canīt play higher
Old 06-22-2003, 05:01 AM   #19
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Well I guess the easiest song for you would be whatever you are good at.
________
Easy vape vaporizer
________
Toys Webcams

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:18 AM   #20
Rune
USER INFO »
typically higher isn't good for beginners, most people who are starting out can't stretch their fingers far enough
Old 06-22-2003, 06:50 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Humm...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I can stretch my fingers, but it doesnīt sound right when I strum the strings that you donīt press any fret...
Old 06-22-2003, 06:15 PM   #23
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
ONE....there's nothing easier if you dont play the 2nd guitar solo.... plus it's in standard.... and it's fun & fast!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-22-2003, 11:36 PM   #24
Rune
USER INFO »
marcos - when you strum you're not supposed to strum the high e and B strings
Old 06-23-2003, 01:36 AM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OR I need to practice it... :lol: thanks rune!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:45 AM   #26
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Even though the B and E strings aren't supposed to be strummed, it's so easy to make a mistake and strum it. Even Tremonti makes that mistake live...(Alcatraz performance, most noticeably).
________
Luv
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:03 PM   #27
Solidus Ardet
USER INFO »
Easiest Creed songs can be found, all, on the first album.

Easiest to hardest -
Ode
My Own Prison
In America (it sounds great, definately a very easy song, since all you have to do is slide up a few frets and hold your finger position...plus, you can easily hear the strumming pattern on the CD. Also, the bridge is really simple...)

Illusion (Solo isn't too tough at all...)
One
What's This Life For

Pity for a Dime ( Easily the most difficult song on MOP, and possibly the most difficult Creed song. Intro/verse are very difficult since you have to bar and stretch reasonably beyond a beginner's comfort zone. Also, when the distortion kicks in, the timing of the music, as well as the difficulty of the chords/riffs/etc goes to another level. Definately still working on this song myself. Lord knows the solo is definately only for the experianced ... )

Human Clay isn't too bad.

Never Die - easy cheese
Beautiful - just learn how to bend two strings at once
Faceless Man - pretty easy, just some slow rock melody with a little bit of strumming, nothing beyond your average guitarist
Are You Ready? - toughest easy song -- may be hard to switch around for beginners

Then everything takes a leap in toughness
Say I - fun to play, may be hard to play the chorus and also keep up picking speed on the guitar when Scott asks "Who is to blame"...

Higher - mixed difficulty, mostly tough to get timing right

With Arms Wide Open - Easy cheese solo, tough chorus/verse/intro for beginners

What If - Intro is tough, since you have to bar nearly the whole time, pick fast, and do it cleanly...and the chorus is probably the most difficult one I've seen... timing, strumming patterns, and actual chords are really tough to pick up on and hear. Interlude is easy, as well as bridge, and the main riff is pretty simple. Definately, the chorus is what makes this song so difficult to master.

Wrong Way - Tough to make it sound right. The trick is to hold the A string's notes until the next note comes. That's what gives it the rich, imposing sound during the intro and whatnot. Interlude is easy, so is the pre-interlude, and the chorus is simple...but that "I hope I helped you live" part...right after the interlude...very difficult. I still can't do it, just yet, as quickly.

Inside Us All - just because you have to stretch far to get the clean notes down, and worse yet, you have to make sure they come out clean, which is tough.

Weathered is pretty high up there too. I haven't picked up the tab for it yet, but I know Bullets is *really* exhausting to play...your fingers/wrists on both hands get pretty tired from the main rapid fire lick. Also, the intro is tough to play correctly and strum properly. The chorus also kinda hurts...and that one lick...

13-12-0-10-12-0-13-12-0-10-12-0-13-12-0-10-12-0-0-0

Tough to match his speed after all the palm muted alternate picking.

Freedom Fighter is easy.

Weathered is tough as walnuts -- definately not for a beginner

And Lullaby isn't bad at all. Just takes some time for memorization and figuring out the fingering.

So anyway, start with MOP songs, then Human Clay, and when you master both albums, try Weathered for a challenge.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:26 PM   #28
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Wrong Way is not that hard...

Iīm,as a beginner, started with WTLF. Then I got what if intro, which was pretty easy since I had the wrong tab for it :embarass:
Then I couldnīt play any other song coz I thought they were too hard... then weathered came out...
I felt in love with OLB, so only God knows how hard I worked on it. I spent like a whole month until I had it memorized...
Then DSD, not hard.

WAWO is easy for me (the verse) and One is not that hard, but itīs kinda tough to make it clean.

what else I can play??? hmm, wrong way I tried once, didnīt think it was difficult
I tried Pity for a dime yesterday, and the verse is so beautiful thatīs worthy to work on that, I had problem with timing, but just a lil bit.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:13 AM   #29
Rune
USER INFO »
i totally don't agree with that solidus....maybe from your standpoint but you have to think of it from a beginner's stand point, lemme break it down how a beginner would look at it:

Torn - Intro just needs practice on the pulloffs. Pre-chorus is just a bar and some chromatic steps, might take a little practice. Chorus might be a little difficult because of the fill at the end of it. Bridge is probably the hardest part for a beginner because it's more individual notes.

Ode - On the whole, not a hard song. For a beginner however, it's not the technique, it's the speed. Ode isn't very complicated but it is pretty fast, thus very hard for a beginner to grasp. My advice on this song is to learn the whole thing at a slow pace, then pick it up every so often until you can play it fast enough. The intro/verse riff isn't complicated, just have to get used to the speed and timing. The chorus isn't hard except for the fills, it's another speed/timing thing. The bridge isn't hard at all, jsut 3 chords.

My Own Prison - Hardest part in this song is probably the hammer-ons in the verse, relatively hard for a beginner to get the timing, strength, and accuracy on right. The chorus is extremely easy, just 3 barre chords chromatically going down. The bridge is almost the same as the verse minus the hammerons, just chords. The solo is also very easy.

Pity for a Dime - I don't know what he was saying about stretches, it's just chords and picking for the chorus and some barre chords for an interlude. The chorus chords are big jumps, you're changing from open to barred so it would be tough for a new player to do. The bridge is very easy, just 5 chords, the lead into it might be a little tough, it's an E chord with some hammer-ons, just takes a little practice. The solo on the other hand is very hard. I've been at it awhile, i can play it, but not accurately, the part that really messes me up is the muted part, it's not easy to play it fast going back down without hitting a wrong string.

In America - The verse is extremely easy, all you do is just make one chord shape and slide it. The chorus isn't too complicated, just barred chords and such. The bridge might be a little complicated because it is individual not picking and the part when it picks up is about as fast as ode is so it'd cause some problems for the new players.

Illusion - I haven't really dabbled into this song much, but it's relatively simple, the solo might take time for you though, it's not as simple as solidus might think, maybe not for him, but definately for a beginner.

Unforgiven - Another fast song, the chorus is easy, but the verse will give you problems. It's a little more complicated than ode, and it's probably as fast if not faster, so you'd have some problems getting it down well.

Sister - It's not overly difficult, but there are some odd chord shapes in the intro and pre-chorus. The verse isn't too rough, just some picking, but it might take some practice to get it accurate and timed correctly.

What's This Life For? - Overall it's a pretty straight forward song, mostly chords. The verse picking might give you some trouble at first but it's not too rough, i highly recommend this for your first creed song.

One - Verse is pretty simple, though it may seem hard at first, just takes timing and practice like everything else. The chorus is just chords. The bridge will take some practice because you have to stretch your hand a bit and do individual picking. It can be hard to keep everything from buzzing and from hitting other strings.

Are You Ready - Not a very hard song except for the bridge. The bridge has some nice stretches to it and will take practice to get the timing and speed right, very big payoff when you can play the bridge right, makes ya feel good.

What If - The intro is not hard at all, just your basic finger picking. It will look tough on the tab, but just do it bit by bit and it won't be a problem and remember: barring can be your friend. The verse is all the same riff, very simple, same with the chorus, just two chords. If you choose to do tremonti's fill in, ask me. I did it by ear and it sounds exactly like his, and there are maybe 1 or 2 tabs on the entire net that have it correct, it sounds really cool but can be a little confusing (it's just one shape but you do some big slides with it). The bridge can be a little tough at first, but it's my favorite part of this song. Just take it note by note and you'll get it. The break-down is very basic, you just have to pay attention or you'll hit a wrong chord.

Beautiful - Verse and chorus are very basic, the bridge solo might give you some trouble.

Wrong Way - This is a very easy song, if you can play a few of the ones above this one will give you no trouble at all, it sounds really cool too.

Faceless Man - I have never given this song a try as i do not like retuning my guitar much.

Never Die - Very simple, just basic string bends and chords, shouldn't give you much of a problem.

WAWO - The verse can be a little confusing, but you'll see the pattern after you play it a few times and then it's a piece of cake. The chorus is just very basic barre chords. The solo isn't too hard, might take some practice to get it accurate. The bridge is also just barre chords, not a very hard song at all.

Higher - The real ball buster in this song is the stretches. I didn't learn this song until i'd been playing a few months because the stretches in the intro/bridge are very hard to do as a beginner. The verse is very easy, just two chords. The pre-chorus likewise is just 2 chords. The chorus may take getting a little used to depending on how you play the first two chords. Some people just fret the two notes in a power chord, i like to barre it to make it sound fuller. The fills inbetween the chorus can be a little tough to get the timing right, but it just takes practice.

Wash Away Those Years - Very basic song. The verse is just one string fretted picking with an open string. The chorus is very basic barre chords. The bridge might give a new guy some trouble because it's barre chords and individual notes in a rhythm solo.

Inside Us All - When i learned this song i just learned the chords. If you want to sing it then the song is really easy. The verse picking on the way mark plays it can be a little tough to get the fretting right, this song likewise has some stretches in it, but it just takes practice. The chorus is very basic, just 3 chords.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:13 AM   #30
Rune
USER INFO »
ran out of room lol, 10k characters max lmao

Bullets - Beginners beware this song. The intro is very easy, but if you have any kind of problem with speed and timing, this song is not for you. The verse picking is extremely fast, faster than ode, and is very hard to get the timing right. I can play it somewhat, but it's not 100% correct. The chorus is very easy, just one barre chord and release. The bridge is the intro, but the fade into the bridge i have yet to see an accurate tab to. The fill in the chorus with 13-12-10 is fast and not easy to get at first. Overall a pretty hard song.

Freedom Fighter - One of my favorites, it's verse riff is similar to What If, but faster. The chorus is very basic, just barre chords, you need to pay attention though or you could barre the wrong fret. The bridge is a little rough though. The chords in the riff are barred but they're very spaced out so you can't just use your index finger and you have to pay very close attention to what you're playing. The little jam before going back into the chorus may seem hard, but it's actually very very basic. It's just two quick fretings one after another on two strings. The speed and accuracy part of this are difficult, but practice practice practice.

WGMB - Never really tried much of this song, doesn't do anything for me.

Signs - Very easy song, the verse is pretty much just bends and barred chords for fills. The chorus is just down stroke muted barre chords. The bridge is very simple, just a 1st and 3rd fret picking thing, not hard at all.

One Last Breath - My pride and joy, not recommended for a beginner (although marcos is stubborn). The verse picking isn't hard overall, what's hard is being accurate. I've heard many records of guitarists who just get the "gist" of the pickings but don't play it accurately. If you want it to sound good, learn it note by note and don't miss any when you play. The chorus is very simple, just chords. I like to mix up between open and barred chords. I usually do open chords for the clean chorus and barred for the dirty ones. The bridge is chords as well, very basic.

My Sacrifice - Not a very hard song, but it's a lot of quick chord changes. The verse is very easy, you just slide one chord shape back and forth. The chorus is just a few chords, but i like to spice it up with some fills that mark does live and sound really good. The bridge will be tough for some people even though it is just sliding. The timing is very important and it is very easy to mess up.

Stand Here With Me - Definately not a beginners song, almost the entire song is picking (with the acception of the chorus). The intro and the verse are one and the same, but it's quick and not easy to get the timing right. When you learn this song i HIGHLY advise listening to the song on the cd with it so you can get the timing right. I have yet to attempt the solo, but it is up there with pity for a dime because it is very fast (the shred in the end i refer to).

Weathered - This is actualyl a very easy song. The verse is very fun to play and very beginner friendly, much simpler than one last breath. If there was a mid point between WAWO's finger picking and OLB finger picking, this is it. THe chorus is just chords, not very difficult. THe bridge has awkward chord shapes and will tkae some practice.

Hide - Not a very hard song if you can play most of the above. The intro has a very uncomfortable stretch (if you play it in drop d that is, i've never tried it in open tuning). The picking is very simple, i can sing to this song and play it as written (same goes with OLB, but i don't know how lol)

Don't Stop Dancing - Very simple song, all chords, the rhythm takes a little practice though (i do a little intro thing that mark does something similar to live, just takes a little getting used to)

Lullaby - This song is very repetitive, the only hard thing about it really is memorizing the whole thing and stretching your hand right lol.

Young Grow Old - I haven't played this much, but it does not seem like a very hard song.

Bound and Tied - This one takes practice to get the notes right, it moves kind of quick and it is very easy to forget where you are. The bridge is very easy, just one chord shape sliding.

To Whom It May Concern - Not very hard at all, mostly chords. The fills might give you a little trouble, but other than that this is a very easy song.

Is This The End? - I really enjoy playing this song. THe verse has some rough stretches in it, but it's not hard to get used to. If you can figure out how to play it like i did i'll give you a cracker :-P (see my post about playing creed and others, i strum the whole song instead of finger pick). The chorus is very easy, just 3 chords. The bridge is almost the same as the chorus with a slightly different rhythm and one extra chord.