++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-04-2004, 09:38 PM   #76
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) thats cool we all have our opinons no need for anyone to jump down your throat! Even if both of these side-projects are a big success there is no reason why Creed can't continue as well like what Maynard does with APC and Tool.

There is NO reason, and if and when they do, for godsake could they have a bassist. Either brett or brian.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #77
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) There is NO reason, and if and when they do, for godsake could they have a bassist. Either brett or brian.

Even if this new band and Stapp's solo album are successful both arstically and commercially it is hard to see them selling 50% of what either of Creed's albums have sold in the U.S alone.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:50 PM   #78
hide
USER INFO »
oh and yes a bass player would be great Brian appears unlikely but i'm sure Brett would do a fantastic job!
Old 01-04-2004, 10:20 PM   #79
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) I actully doubt brian and stapp would be in the same band together, just refere almost four year ago when brian told a radio station that vedder wishes he could sing or write like stapp. That kind of a comment, after countless time of being accused as a "vedder rip off" I would still remain sour to the person and would rather not associate myself with. And with a total tremonti solo album I would be just as stoked. Are you implying that people are coming hard on stapp because he's going to solo as oppsed to what he's done over the years?
I'm not sure I'm following you here.

I'm saying people are just hard on Stapp ... I don't really know why. I just don't understand it. It's like they just pick at everything the guy does. It has always been that way and now with all that's going on lately, it seems it's just gotten worse. For a lot of people (not everyone), sides have clearly been taken. With so many people in Mark's corner, I feel Scott could use all the help he can get. It just seems to me he's been left out in the cold and it makes me upset.

I would never think that Scott can't make it on his own. In fact, I hope to God he does. But we are only hearing about what Mark and Flip and even Brian are up to. No one seems to know anything about Scott's project. I'm just saying that whatever happens with their solo careers, I still want Creed.

Regarding your comment about Brian and the "vedder rip off" thing ...
Are you saying Scott should not associate with Brian or vice versa?? I'm just not following. Personally, I think what Brian said should be taken as a compliment by Scott. He was defending him by what he said. I'm not saying he should have said it ... but I'm just saying that I believe he meant it in a positive manner towards Scott to defend him in all the Vedder comparisons.

Whatever ... I just want this whole thing to work out for everyone.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #80
chafin24
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I'm not sure I'm following you here.

I'm saying people are just hard on Stapp ... I don't really know why. I just don't understand it. It's like they just pick at everything the guy does. It has always been that way and now with all that's going on lately, it seems it's just gotten worse. For a lot of people (not everyone), sides have clearly been taken. With so many people in Mark's corner, I feel Scott could use all the help he can get. It just seems to me he's been left out in the cold and it makes me upset.

I would never think that Scott can't make it on his own. In fact, I hope to God he does. But we are only hearing about what Mark and Flip and even Brian are up to. No one seems to know anything about Scott's project. I'm just saying that whatever happens with their solo careers, I still want Creed.

Regarding your comment about Brian and the "vedder rip off" thing ...
Are you saying Scott should not associate with Brian or vice versa?? I'm just not following. Personally, I think what Brian said should be taken as a compliment by Scott. He was defending him by what he said. I'm not saying he should have said it ... but I'm just saying that I believe he meant it in a positive manner towards Scott to defend him in all the Vedder comparisons.

Whatever ... I just want this whole thing to work out for everyone.

this turning out to be a good dicussion thread.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #81
hide
USER INFO »
your last point was a good one it wasen't that Brian was defending Scott, that wasen't the problem what he said is a compliment for Scott. But saying such a thing was rather stupid, cleary out of anger and frustration he let loose and said something he would later regret. We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:54 PM   #82
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) oh and yes a bass player would be great Brian appears unlikely but i'm sure Brett would do a fantastic job!

Are you talking about Brian being unlikely for Marks band? Did you not read the quote from Michael? He says it right there and for the last 2 months that Brian has been playing with the guys
Old 01-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #83
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) Are you talking about Brian being unlikely for Marks band? Did you not read the quote from Michael? He says it right there and for the last 2 months that Brian has been playing with the guys

no he's talking about for any future Creed album, Brian seems unlikely but Brett could fill the shoes.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #84
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
ok thanks for clearing that up. This thread has become very twisted and confusing
Old 01-05-2004, 02:27 AM   #85
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.

Yeah, true. I hope Stapp get's a move along and we hear from him and what he is going to do soon.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-05-2004, 03:48 AM   #86
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yeah, true. I hope Stapp get's a move along and we hear from him and what he is going to do soon.

for sure i'm hoping his album comes out around the same time as Tremo's but I think its going to be at least 3 months later at the earliest. Still wondering what Stapp Entertainment is all about!
Old 01-05-2004, 07:38 AM   #87
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) We are not hearing anything about Scott's project so we can only assume that Mark's is much further advanced and we'll get that much sooner.

Why would you assume that? We are not hearing anything about Scott's project because quite frankly he does not have family members reporting on his every move. If it weren't for michael you would know NOTHING about mark's project either, as there has been no media reports about either project.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #88
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Why would you assume that? We are not hearing anything about Scott's project because quite frankly he does not have family members reporting on his every move. If it weren't for michael you would know NOTHING about mark's project either, as there has been no media reports about either project.
Great point! I didn't think of that!

We actually would not even know that Flip was involved because even Windup's email didn't report that.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #89
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quite frankly Wind-up, CreedINK and all of the other "management" of CREED to me has been a BIG dissapointment. Creed's music is untouchable in so many ways but it seems for now it has come to an end. I still stand firm in that I think they ALL are great musicians. I think MARK is incredibly talented and you better believe whatever he does with this new band I will be there in the front ROCKING along with them. And Scott, well he is the initial attraction to CREED for me, that voice, that soul, that PASSION!!!!! Sorry that part of him will NEVER be replaced by anyone. I think they all will do great in whatever they do. It is kind of like a bad relationship ( going through it now, bare with me) both parties can be good, but just not "good" together. They were great for so long together but you know what you can't "force" people to mesh or get along, it has to come naturally. And if there are unresolved problems well then there is going to be "issues" Simple as that.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #90
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Why would you assume that? We are not hearing anything about Scott's project because quite frankly he does not have family members reporting on his every move. If it weren't for michael you would know NOTHING about mark's project either, as there has been no media reports about either project.

That's true I guess. I wonder when there WILL be media reports on either project, it's been long enough geesh.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006