++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #31
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Stapp made himself look like the victim, which he was not.

Mark and the guys were being professional about the causes of the break-up.

Stapp was saying that Mark and the guys were "tired of being in a christian rock band" so they decided to instead drink and have sex with groupies. Yeah and Stapp is sitting at home all innocent, right?

Stapp was going through alot of things with his health that he admitted to keeping it to himself. I beleive he was a victim as far as that is concerned. He was pushed to continue, even though is health was suffering.

I see anything but professionalism as far as these interviews AB is giving, but that is my opinion.

He never said the other guys wanted to have sex with groupies...he said they didn't want the Christian label and just wanted a rock and roll lifestyle, and even that could have been mis-quoted, who knows. Don't make it into something it wasn't. There is a big difference.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #32
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) Stapp was going through alot of things with his health that he admitted to keeping it to himself. I beleive he was a victim as far as that is concerned. He was pushed to continue, even though is health was suffering.

I see anything but professionalism as far as these interviews AB is giving, but that is my opinion.

He never said the other guys wanted to have sex with groupies...he said they didn't want the Christian label and just wanted a rock and roll lifestyle, and even that could have been mis-quoted, who knows. Don't make it into something it wasn't. There is a big difference.

in the interests of consistency i must raise something. so stapp is misquoted but his ex-bandmates if they say anything negative show a lack of class? come on guys and gals enough of the halo complex and realise that both sides are not angels. they are merely people just like you and i, they just can play guitar or sing etc better than us.

showing a lack of professionalism here is such a red herring. all of the AB guys have said all of the same things (save for myles obviously) and are being open and they show a lack of class? scott is more careful with his words and seemingly playing the PR game and so he has more class? they are not living a rock and roll lifestyle so that is a non-issue and shouldn't even be discussed.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #33
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
I said MAY have been mis-quote. It's possible AB was too, who knows. I never said anyone was perfect. And just because the members of AB agree, doesn't mean they are showing class. Flip could have just left it as they were having differences...they don't accept any fault in the break-up and it's not ONE person's fault. The pointing fingers is not necessary.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #34
Agent D
USER INFO »
How many fucking threads do we need like this? Why are we even talking about the breakup still? It's done, it's over, can we not move on? Tremo, Flip, Brian, and Myles have a great thing going. Leave them alone. And Scott is going to get his album off the ground as well. So why are we bitching at each other?

This article that was posted sounds like complete bullshit. I've read quotes from Flip before and he just sounds a little more sarcastic than usual here. The writer obviously had it out for Stapp. I think we all should take this with a grain of salt, really. Pointing fingers over something our beloved musicians have gotten over is really ridiculous. If you must blame someone for the breakup of Creed, blame Wind-Up. Even if it wasn't there fault, blame them anyway. Music labels are always screwing something up.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:36 PM   #35
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) How many fucking threads do we need like this? Why are we even talking about the breakup still? It's done, it's over, can we not move on? Tremo, Flip, Brian, and Myles have a great thing going. Leave them alone. And Scott is going to get his album off the ground as well. So why are we bitching at each other?

This article that was posted sounds like complete bullshit. I've read quotes from Flip before and he just sounds a little more sarcastic than usual here. The writer obviously had it out for Stapp. I think we all should take this with a grain of salt, really. Pointing fingers over something our beloved musicians have gotten over is really ridiculous. If you must blame someone for the breakup of Creed, blame Wind-Up. Even if it wasn't there fault, blame them anyway. Music labels are always screwing something up.

It wasn't WU's fault, and i won't say who i think the blame rests on becuase there would be no point.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 PM   #36
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Let's sum it up here: Mark and the guys kick ass and were being held back musically by Stapp due to his pissiness and his mental conflics and some other things. Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was. Just listen to the album and you'll see. Even if they don't sell as much, that doesn't matter. As long as they please the fans with good music and not generic, same ol' bullshit (Weathered) then it's alright. Stapp is a loser with no musical talent and will go no where with his solo project.

I have yet to see "Relearn Love" jumping up in the charts.

Scott Stapp sucks ass, but all the good luck to him. He'll need it.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #37
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Let's sum it up here: Mark and the guys kick ass and were being held back musically by Stapp due to his pissiness and his mental conflics and some other things. Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was. Just listen to the album and you'll see. Even if they don't sell as much, that doesn't matter. As long as they please the fans with good music and not generic, same ol' bullshit (Weathered) then it's alright. Stapp is a loser with no musical talent and will go no where with his solo project.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn........
Old 09-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #38
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was
No. Just no.

I really like Alter bridge's debut album. But it just isn't as good as Creed was.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:48 PM   #39
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Let's sum it up here: Mark and the guys kick ass and were being held back musically by Stapp due to his pissiness and his mental conflics and some other things. Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was. Just listen to the album and you'll see. Even if they don't sell as much, that doesn't matter. As long as they please the fans with good music and not generic, same ol' bullshit (Weathered) then it's alright. Stapp is a loser with no musical talent and will go no where with his solo project.

hahaha TOW always stirring the pot! musically AB is superior and there is no doubt whatsoever about that. Mark finally shows the world what he is capable of, Flip also does that and improves out of sight and Myles' vocals just add so much, he is easily one of the world's greatest vocalists. Creed had that little something whether it was the superior lyrics or Scott's charisma that Creed had over AB. I personally prefer AB but each to his own I guess. You do contradict yourself however when you say sales for AB mean
nothing but then note Relearn Love's lack of chart success.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #40
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) hahaha TOW always stirring the pot! musically AB is superior and there is no doubt whatsoever about that. Mark finally shows the world what he is capable of, Flip also does that and improves out of sight and Myles' vocals just add so much, he is easily one of the world's greatest vocalists. Creed had that little something whether it was the superior lyrics or Scott's charisma that Creed had over AB. I personally prefer AB but each to his own I guess. You do contradict yourself however when you say sales for AB mean
nothing but then note Relearn Love's lack of chart success.

Not neccessarily because at least "Open Your Eyes" has reached number two on the mainstream rock charts, while I've yet to see "Relearn Love" anywhere on the charts. This has nothing to do with sales. But I was stating that it doesn't matter if Alter Bridge ever reaches the number of records sold as Creed did. They're stilll better than Creed and that matters most.

I am stirring the pot, though with if Alter Bridge is better than Scott Stapp or not. They own him at talent and sales.

Even with Stapp's flashy image, he still is nothing.

He needed Mark and the guys more than Mark and the guys needed him.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:04 AM   #41
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Not neccessarily because at least "Open Your Eyes" has reached number two on the mainstream rock charts, while I've yet to see "Relearn Love" anywhere on the charts. This has nothing to do with sales. But I was stating that it doesn't matter if Alter Bridge ever reaches the number of records sold as Creed did. They're stilll better than Creed and that matters most.

I am stirring the pot, though with if Alter Bridge is better than Scott Stapp or not. They own him at talent and sales.

Even with Stapp's flashy image, he still is nothing.

He needed Mark and the guys more than Mark and the guys needed him.

I wouldn't say he is nothing, he is definately talented. But i think the AB guys are more talented. IMO
Old 09-28-2004, 04:07 AM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
its tough for scott to succeed without a guitarist who can write the music that allows him to have chart success. mark could have gone the instrumental route i guess but he needed a great singer to reclaim any ground creed had and he and flip and brian have done that. scott will do moderately well and i wish him all the best in the world. however its hard to respect the man after reading something like this, which is part of an interview mark did recently with the "red eye".

THE LAST TIME CREED PLAYED IN CHICAGO, IT WAS A DISASTROUS SHOW AT HE ALLSTATE THAT WOUND UP WITH A CIVIL SUIT FILED BY ANNOYED TICKET HOLDERS. CARE TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?
Scott (Stapp) and I had different dressing rooms, and before the show we met in the hall. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn't himself. I got on him about it and said, "How could you be like this before a show, expecially here in Chicago?" He acted like it was nothing and he swore he could do the show. I was pissed, but we went out on stage, and after 6 songs he walked off stage. I got on the mic and told the crowd that I'd be right back after I found out what Scott was up to. So I had to go chase him off stage into the dressing room and ask him what he was doing. He thought the show was over. So I said, "The show's not over. We gotta finish it." He said, "Oh Sorry." He follows me back on the stage and lied down for a few songs... We had lost contact so much before that. I had no idea wha he was doing before the show or three shows before that. All I know is we never got any closure out of that.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-28-2004, 06:42 AM   #43
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
First of all...AB is NOT superior to Creed. It's a matter of opinion and to me, AB has nothing on Creed. They were not held back while in Creed and if they felt they were, they could have got out alot sooner. Stapp runs circles around Myles and if you say he has no talent, then what does that say about Myles? Myles voice could peel paint off the walls...it grates on my nerves.

Second of all...Relearn Love was on several charts and on one particular, it was listed at #6 and OYE was #7. Relearn Love wasn't officially released for radio airplay and won't be until mid October...hence, the reason it isn't everywhere right now. Get your facts straight before you condemn something. As far as Scott needing the guys more than they needed him...quite the opposite.

And for those of you having no respect for Stapp...that's up to you but I have none for the other guys since they can't keep their comments about him to themselves during interviews. If they don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Again, it's not just one persons fault...period.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:19 AM   #44
heinzel
USER INFO »
whats up with that whole chart thing in this discussion!!!! it's about if you like something or not. not about how high a song ends in the charts. So please don't talk about that.
farmgirl, maybe you gotta turn this thing around. What if Scott was acting like an asshole? i mean mark and flip are not the only ones that say things about scott stapp. I remember that singer of alice in chains saying Stapp was acting like an asshole.
But it just doesn't matter. When a band brakes up, it's ussually not because they are still big friends ya know. So agian. Does it matter that they had a fight? NO.
and yes, there a always two side of a story, but it looks to me that they broke up because of scott stapp and not because something else.

Still love his voice, i really do. But his new song just sucks BIG TIME.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:24 AM   #45
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) First of all...AB is NOT superior to Creed. It's a matter of opinion and to me, AB has nothing on Creed. They were not held back while in Creed and if they felt they were, they could have got out alot sooner. Stapp runs circles around Myles and if you say he has no talent, then what does that say about Myles? Myles voice could peel paint off the walls...it grates on my nerves.

Second of all...Relearn Love was on several charts and on one particular, it was listed at #6 and OYE was #7. Relearn Love wasn't officially released for radio airplay and won't be until mid October...hence, the reason it isn't everywhere right now. Get your facts straight before you condemn something. As far as Scott needing the guys more than they needed him...quite the opposite.

And for those of you having no respect for Stapp...that's up to you but I have none for the other guys since they can't keep their comments about him to themselves during interviews. If they don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Again, it's not just one persons fault...period.

i'm not going to bother going over most of this apart from being perplexed at how anyone could see paint being peeled off the walls due to his voice. read ab's reviews and you will find a few creed fans seem to be the only people in the world sorry that tremonti is working with kennedy. anyhow that is all of a matter of opinion but your sig is highly ironic IMO. 3 quarters of the former band give their honest views and they should keep quiet for fear of pointing of the finger even if they see it as the truth? good point about relearn love's chart position but what chart was it ahead of open your eyes?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie