++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
....Well... yesterday....near the end of my lesson..my guitar teacher said that he was gonna teach me this solo to an ozzy song......well.....he wanted to brush up on it himself...before he taught it to me...well....we started talkin.....and he told me about the time that he opened for the master ,Zakk, Himself....

When i got home.....i tried to find all the ozzy/BLS stuff that i could..... none of the vids/audios that i tried to play seemed to work....except..."No More Tears"...by ozzy..... i relly hadn't heard that much from ozzy except some Black Sabbath stuff./....and a few singles....but never that song....and after hearing it a few times.....i became hooked on Wylde's screamin harmonic/bends.....i'm even tryin to learn that song as we speak.....anyways.....
ZAKK WYLDE has become probably my 2nd fav guitarist of all time.....next to Tru........Zakk is also tru's fav LIVING guitarist....... well.....where am i going w/ this???

WOULDNT IT BE AWESOME IF THERE WAS A TREMONTI-WYLDE-SANTANA trio?????????????.....Hellashioush....(i mighta made that word up.....but it describes it PERFECTLY!!!!!)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #2
Marty
USER INFO »
As long as Wylde is sober, I'm for it.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Marty...Does seem as if the man likes to party ...I don't know any BLS songs, but I recently bought Zakk's Book of Shadows and it's downright gorgeous. It's a soulful, southern rock-sounding blend of beautiful melodies. I hear the BLS stuff is a lot harder, though, yes? Matt, can you suggest some BLS stuff for me download for a sampling? I'd be ever so grateful .
Old 11-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
that would be awesome, i'ld love to be a fly on the wall during some of Mark's jamming sessions with the guy from Idorhorhpine, Eric from SubmerseD and Bill Peck. Wonder if Troy joins in as well!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:34 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-09-2003 07:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-09-2003 07:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> LMAO, Marty...Does seem as if the man likes to party ...I don't know any BLS songs, but I recently bought Zakk's Book of Shadows and it's downright gorgeous. It's a soulful, southern rock-sounding blend of beautiful melodies. I hear the BLS stuff is a lot harder, though, yes? Matt, can you suggest some BLS stuff for me download for a sampling? I'd be ever so grateful . [/b][/quote]
well...i just started getting into them...so...the only song i know right now is "Stillborn".... they have a video of it on zakkwylde.com

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'll check it out. Thanks, Matt
Old 11-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #7
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
no prob!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-09-2003, 11:25 PM   #8
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
that would be awesome...but id like to see kurk hammet in there
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #9
Marty
USER INFO »
I wouldn't. Kirk Hammett just (to me) isn't the type of melodic person to play with them now days. I bet he can't even solo anymore.
________
RebeccaBardoux live

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:20 PM   #10
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-Marty+11-10-2003 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marty @ 11-10-2003 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I bet he can't even solo anymore. [/b][/quote]
why would you say that?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #11
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-10-2003 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-10-2003 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Marty+11-10-2003 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marty @ 11-10-2003 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I bet he can't even solo anymore. [/b][/quote]
why would you say that? [/b][/quote]
because there are no solos on St Anger...........

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-10-2003, 06:45 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, he still can solo live, that's for sure...He did on the Summer Sanitarium tour...they played all old stuff.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #13
facelessman
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-TremontiWanaB+11-10-2003 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TremontiWanaB @ 11-10-2003 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-10-2003 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-10-2003 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Marty+11-10-2003 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marty @ 11-10-2003 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I bet he can't even solo anymore. [/b][/quote]
why would you say that? [/b][/quote]
because there are no solos on St Anger........... [/b][/quote]
it doesnt mean he cant do it anymore
Old 11-11-2003, 10:00 PM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I saw Zak Wylde at OzzFest this last summer and I have to TOTALLY agree...that man can most definately tear it up on the axe!! I was like, soo in awe as I stood there and watched him play...INCREDIBLE!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #15
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-luvscott4ever+11-11-2003 09:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (luvscott4ever @ 11-11-2003 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I saw Zak Wylde at OzzFest this last summer and I have to TOTALLY agree...that man can most definately tear it up on the axe!! I was like, soo in awe as I stood there and watched him play...INCREDIBLE!!! [/b][/quote]
yeah...haha...i think you saw him on a good day...my friend saw him at ozzfest....and said he was drunk off his rocker...haha....

Jesus + Guitars = Life