++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #61
00iceman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) http://www.pluggedin.com/music/track...-Overcome.aspx

I was surfing the web and came across this article. This may not be a big deal, but it makes me a little mad to keep seeing all of this misinformation come out about Creed. The article states that they use the phrase "I'll be damned" in Overcome, when it's in fact "I'll be dammed." The reviewer also made it sound like Creed consistently uses profanity in their lyrics, when they don't. It may not be a bad idea to send a quick email to them asking them to change the article, because it could cause a large number of Christian people to not buy the album. Just my thoughts.

Anyways.......... Back to the original purpose of this thread...
I checked out the article and sent the reviewer an email. Hopefully they'll update it.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #62
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Good Good Good They Needed An Email Sent to Theme Thanks So Much Your Beautiful In All That Ya Are
Old 10-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #63
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Stapp also repeats the profane phrase, "I’ll be d‑‑ned," which, apart from the angst-filled narrative, is the main content concern on this song.

Now that's hilarious!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #64
Creed009
USER INFO »

I read the official lyrics today, and the words are actually "I'll be damned fighting you." Lol. I feel like an idiot. But either way, "I'll be damned fighting you" isn't a profane phrase in any way. The word is used in it's literal form. But I apologize to everyone for starting this thread that ended up generating a ridiculous amount of replies.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #65
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Vindicated!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #66
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Can Creed release just one album without having to rehash this ridiculous and pointless argument?! I mean, really, who gives a crap?
And yes, I am a Christian. I see nothing that the article says that will deter anyone from buying the album. Everything in it is true, and nothing that Creed fans didnt already know.

Last edited by metalchris25 : 10-27-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #67
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Can Creed release just one album without having to rehash this ridiculous and pointless argument?! I mean, really, who gives a crap?
And yes, I am a Christian. I see nothing that the article says that will deter anyone from buying the album. Everything in it is true, and nothing that Creed fans didnt already know.
alright chris i needed to have a spech prepared for this one i agree it does keep it going and keeps other christians and skeptics going creed music is foucused on more deeper turmoils and trials than the average christan may not be going through or yet to come but regardless left a wide opening in their music that can get people going through struggles or thinking diffrently about other things that cant really be touched creed has a way of doing that you reach that point The Bridge Elton John That You Make Music Thats All About The Music Your Making Thats Creed Which Is Strong In Full Circle Rock On Chris
Old 10-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #68
00iceman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) I read the official lyrics today, and the words are actually "I'll be damned fighting you." Lol. I feel like an idiot. But either way, "I'll be damned fighting you" isn't a profane phrase in any way. The word is used in it's literal form. But I apologize to everyone for starting this thread that ended up generating a ridiculous amount of replies.

Hmmm, well, whoever maintains passionbreedsfollowers.com was incorrect with the lyrics - they had "dammed". I used this website to support my argument when I sent pluggedin.com an email. Looks like I'll be correcting my argument with them.

I agree that it's being used in the "literal form", not it's profane form.

I also agree that it's not that big of a deal. But this thread was started to discuss it, after all. And another thread was addressing the issue of Walmart censoring albums with profanity.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #69
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

Can we just let this go please and agree to disagree. We just got a new album guys. Let's talk about that
Old 10-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #70
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Can Creed release just one album without having to rehash this ridiculous and pointless argument?! I mean, really, who gives a crap?

To me one of the things that have always separated Creed from most other bands is that they have class. They can make music that's great, and they don't have to curse every other word to do it. And I do listen to music that has profanity in it, but it's just that Creed has always seemed like they were above that. And yes I know they're not an actual Christian band. But the person who wrote this article made it sound like Creed is just like any other band that uses profanity in their lyrics. And the fact is that "What's this Life For" is the only song that Creed has ever cursed in. The word "damned" in Overcome is used in it's literal form. I just want Creed to be viewed as the classy band that they are.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #71
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

I think we can all agree that the review was harsh, Christian or not. I think any Christian fan, as I do, knows Creed well enough to know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to their music. And I definitely know that the non-Christains feel the review was harsh lol. So see, we kinda all agree on one point