++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-25-2004, 03:41 AM   #1
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Relating to AB's Music

Some people claim that they can not relate to AB's music like they did with creed.........Its funny because i can relate to AB's music more than creed's now. Lets look at it.....

When i first was introduced to creed i was starting high school. Needless to say i was blown away. I was questioning where religion fit into my life and questioning my spirituality. Time pasted and fortunatly i was able to fully believe in God and no longer questioned him or his existence. Now when AB comes out i am starting college this year. How ironic that this should happen because the theme of one day remains is moving on and forgetting what happenned in the past. This relates because hgh school was a horrible experience for me and i wanted to carry the friends i had with me and start over with the new situation brought in front of me, and make it a better experience.

So i can't really relate to creed as much as AB now. I still love creed and I will always remember how it effected me, but now it is a new stage in my life and new things are happening to me.

So i guess my question to you is, Do you relate more to AB than Creed? Or do you think that it will never be that way and you will always relate to creed more than AB?
Old 09-25-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: So i guess my question to you is, Do you relate more to AB than Creed? Or do you think that it will never be that way and you will always relate to creed more than AB?

Creed and AB are two completely different entities...doesn't matter to me whether 3 of the members of AB were in Creed or not...I just do not relate to their lyrics or their music....the vibe i get from them just doesn't do anything for me...I felt the "magic" with Creed...but, it's just not there with AB..

AB may hold such magic for some, including you, DekWannaBFlea, and if it does...then i'm happy for you...but for me, AB is what it is, and nothing more...and doesn't fulfill my personal tastes lyrically or musically.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:21 AM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Well, Mark said it: "The whole album is just about life, and hopefully you can still relate". And I sure can, and I sure love it!! I like AB 'cause they're a little heavier than Creed, you know? But of course "Wash Away Those Years" and a whole lot of other songs carried me through hard times.

But I agree, it's almost easier for me to relate to AB's music now, 'cause it's just about life!! Not about religion, not about God, but about life!! "Who's to say we won't end up alone?"

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Creed and AB are two completely different entities...doesn't matter to me whether 3 of the members of AB were in Creed or not...I just do not relate to their lyrics or their music....the vibe i get from them just doesn't do anything for me...I felt the "magic" with Creed...but, it's just not there with AB..

AB may hold such magic for some, including you, DekWannaBFlea, and if it does...then i'm happy for you...but for me, AB is what it is, and nothing more...and doesn't fulfill my personal tastes lyrically or musically.

Hmmm I respect that, but there is just something there....The magic is there for me.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I can definitely relate to some of AB's music, especially Find the Real, Burn It Down, Watch Your Words, and In Loving Memory. The group as a whole hasn't hit me the way Creed did when I first heard them, but that may be because I was already familiar with the members and their music. Either way, I enjoy both quite a lot.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:44 AM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I enjoy both quite a lot.
Hell yeah, but I have never been fighting with spiritually... I simply don't believe in God, I'm more into this "re-brith thing". So in that way AB has hit me in a more "natural way".

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM   #7
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
No, they haven't hit me at all. One song, In Loving Memory sort of did with grief. Otherwise, no. To me, they are a good sorta heavy rock band, like many others.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
i haven't really gotten to the point to where i listen über-closely to the lyrics and how they pertain to my life. two reasons why:
1) i'm still blown away by tremonti's shredding and all and myles' dynamic pipes... really, just by the whole sonic experience
2) as has probably already been said, creed was the music for the lyrics for me. i went through a phase in high school where good, cohesive lyrics mattered, but i've now realized all post-grunge-type bands do that stuff in a similar method. so now, i'm more into musicality and skill. i'm all about Rush, Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Van Halen these days. i'm not saying the lyricists aren't talented writers; i just don't care that much how it relates to me, so long as it sort of makes sense. about the only post-grunge band i've really gotten into lately is Edgewater. I guess they're my new Creed.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) No, they haven't hit me at all. One song, In Loving Memory sort of did with grief. Otherwise, no. To me, they are a good sorta heavy rock band, like many others.
In Loving Memory is THE song!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #10
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
I don't know though, it seems like a lot of creed fans won't like a song unless its a song thats depressing. It think AB is a good change from that.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Well, AB is more about life, and Creed is more about spirituallity.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 04:43 PM   #12
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Well, AB is more about life, and Creed is more about spirituallity.
I disagree. The thing is, Spirituality is a major part of Stapp's life. Creed also had songs like Beautiful, With arms Wide Open, my Sacrifice, Wash Away Those years, Lullabay, Bullets, What If, and many others that were not about Spirituality.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
No, but those most of those aren't really about "life". Not the "life" AB is writing about in their lyrics, know what I'm saying?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #14
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) I don't know though, it seems like a lot of creed fans won't like a song unless its a song thats depressing. It think AB is a good change from that.

Creed's music was NOT depressing...it WAS/IS about life and hope...achieving dreams, seeing possibilities...positivity...Creed's sound was BALANCED.

one of the reasons i DIDN'T connect with AB is the negativity i got from their lyrics, which i DID find depressing...the choppiness in flow...a voice, tho talented, that did not appeal to me...and attempting to fit the lyrics to the music...instead of letting the lyrics speak with the music...Alter Bridge's sound is UNBALANCED...and that does not appeal to me.

As for playing the spirituality card...man...LISTEN to the lyrics...READ them...and then come back and tell us that AB didn't BORROW from their Creed roots...spirituality was not only part of stapps upbringing..but i'm sure that Mark, Brian, Flip and Myles have a little of it in them as well...of one kind or another.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #15
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Creed's music was NOT depressing...it WAS/IS about life and hope...achieving dreams, seeing possibilities...positivity...Creed's sound was BALANCED.

one of the reasons i DIDN'T connect with AB is the negativity i got from their lyrics, which i DID find depressing...the choppiness in flow...a voice, tho talented, that did not appeal to me...and attempting to fit the lyrics to the music...instead of letting the lyrics speak with the music...Alter Bridge's sound is UNBALANCED...and that does not appeal to me.

As for playing the spirituality card...man...LISTEN to the lyrics...READ them...and then come back and tell us that AB didn't BORROW from their Creed roots...spirituality was not only part of stapps upbringing..but i'm sure that Mark, Brian, Flip and Myles have a little of it in them as well...of one kind or another.

1. It no by no means choppy, give me example before i post more on that.

2. its by no means even close to the same level creed was about on spirtuality. i can list only about 3 or 4 semi religious references, while with creed they are abundent.

3. Flip started out an athiest in creed.

4. How the hell are the lyrics depressing? (Besides the In the loving memory song) This album's them is forgetting the past and moving on. Hoping for a new better day. How is that depressing? Maybe, you need to reread the lyrics.

Example?

"As your will is bent and broken
and every vision has been cast into the wind
as your courage crashes down before your eyes
don't lay down and die"

One day remains

How is that depressing?