++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #46
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson) Man I'm so happy with this soundtrack. All great rock songs and not one rap song. Each song is unique and pretty damn catchy after you listen to them a couple of times. This soundtrack won't be leaving my cd player for awhile.

Rap is terrible music. Where rap sells the most is in areas with high crime-rates. The other day at K-Mart, in the section with the stereos and whatnot, they were playing a rap song and all it had was perverted lyrics relating to fornication with a woman. Just terrible, terrible music. I am very grateful that christian-influenced music has gone mainstream because the music industry could use some clean-cut music.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Where rap sells the most is in areas with high crime-rates.

Oh...my.....God....

I'm sorry, but that statement is complete crap. Rap sells pretty heavily in supposedly less-crime white suburbia as well. Just look at all the kids, rich and poor, who listen to it. I have. It's just a different perspective and it's fine if you don't like it, but to stereotype the music like that is wrong.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:31 PM   #48
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Oh...my.....God....

I'm sorry, but that statement is complete crap. Rap sells pretty heavily in supposedly less-crime white suburbia as well. Just look at all the kids, rich and poor, who listen to it. I have. It's just a different perspective and it's fine if you don't like it, but to stereotype the music like that is wrong.

The majority of rap (or at least the highest album sales) is in Los Angeles, New York, and so forth. I don't like rap for what the music has to offer, and it is degrading and violent music. All the rap artists out there have their cd's with the "Parental Advisory" label. I just don't like negative music. I am not trying to single rap out, but I also hate rock artists like Static-X, Slipknot, and Drowning Pool because it's that kind of music that is corrupting our youth and society. I know, I am very conservative.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #49
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I like some rap tunes and yet I never commited a crime. Dogstar is right.

Remember RHCP's song called CaliFORNICATION ??? Rap is not the only style that has "unclean" artists as you pointed. Needless to point other pop artists as well, such Britney and Christina Aguilera. I don't think their songs are good influencers for kids today, but that's just my opinion, based on my principles, and not on foolish ideas.

For example: I bet Enron executives weren't in rap music, but yet their area had a really high crime rate!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, duh, Trees of Wisdom, it would make sense that those cities would have the highest sales numbers because, gee, they are two of the biggest cities populationwise in the country. And not every city is full of high crime. Have you visited any big cities? There are sections of cities, like New York, that have lower crime rates and I'm sure rap or negative music, as you call it, sells there just as much. You don't have to like it, no biggie. But that's just misinformation that you're spewing, and I find that troublesome.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #51
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) I like some rap tunes and yet I never commited a crime. Dogstar is right.

Remember RHCP's song called CaliFORNICATION ??? Rap is not the only style that has "unclean" artists as you pointed. Needless to point other pop artists as well, such Britney and Christina Aguilera. I don't think their songs are good influencers for kids today, but that's just my opinion, based on my principles, and not on foolish ideas.

For example: I bet Enron executives weren't in rap music, but yet their area had a really high crime rate!

I am against Britney and Christina. And my point stating that rap sells a lot in areas with high crime-rates, is pointing out that rap has a lot to do with violence and crime. I think children shouldn't be listening to music that has violence, profanities, and exploits women as sex objects. And for RHCP, they're music is all right, but I do find it inappropiate when they perform wearing socks. That isn't a good thing for children that still haven't learned right from wrong.

BTW: Haha, you're too witty Marcos!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:45 PM   #52
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, duh, Trees of Wisdom, it would make sense that those cities would have the highest sales numbers because, gee, they are two of the biggest cities populationwise in the country. And not every city is full of high crime. Have you visited any big cities? There are sections of cities, like New York, that have lower crime rates and I'm sure rap or negative music, as you call it, sells there just as much. You don't have to like it, no biggie. But that's just misinformation that you're spewing, and I find that troublesome.

I was connecting rap to crime and I used high crime-rated cities to show that rap sells a lot in high crime-rated cities due to the violent lyrics and gang-affiliated images.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 03-24-2004 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:00 PM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
*bangs head against wall*
Old 03-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #54
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) *bangs head against wall*

I have my own separate beliefs and I am not here to force them down anyone's throat.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:28 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Beliefs are one thing, misinformation is another.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:12 AM   #56
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I haven't heard Seven Wiser and I am not too fond of Scott Stapp. I'll first have to see if the album is any good, and download a few songs first.

I think both of 'em rocks. You should listen to Seven Wiser's "Take Me As I Am". It's awesome!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 AM   #57
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
commercial rap artists such as 50 Cent and Ja Rule are not a good influence, no doubt about that. But there are plenty of pop and rock artists who similary are not a good influence. It is not just rap artists with the parental advisory sticker on them. portraying women as objects is a concern though. More underground rap is a lot better lyrically and musically. About RHCP's Califronication I think you'll find that song is about their travels around the world and how they saw "Californication" everywhere they went.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, I've listened to a few more songs and here are some other good ones (aside from Damageplan/Jerry and Submersed and QOTSA and Chevelle, and...)

Finding Myself by Smile Empty Soul. This is a really pretty song. Very melodic

Bleed by Puddle of Mudd. I can't believe I like one of their songs, LOL...but this one's good headbanging stuff.

Slow Chemical by Finger Eleven -- This has a kick-ass intro.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:11 PM   #59
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ok, I've listened to a few more songs and here are some other good ones (aside from Damageplan/Jerry and Submersed and QOTSA and Chevelle, and...)

Finding Myself by Smile Empty Soul. This is a really pretty song. Very melodic

Bleed by Puddle of Mudd. I can't believe I like one of their songs, LOL...but this one's good headbanging stuff.

Slow Chemical by Finger Eleven -- This has a kick-ass intro.

wait, wait a sec a good Puddle of Mudd song? that can't be right! It's not in Australia yet but I saw on Amazon some guy is already selling a "used" copy.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #60
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hehehe, yep...It's not a bad song ...No way, someone is selling a used copy? Maybe it's a promo copy or something. I've gotten a few of them over the years.