++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-01-2004, 01:10 AM   #91
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee) Yeah Creed was made up more from than one person.....but they sold how many 1,000's of records from those lyrics????????? Hmm reminds me of "don't bite the hand that feeds you....."

The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 AM   #92
jammy123
USER INFO »
absolutely
Old 11-01-2004, 05:36 AM   #93
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee) Excuse me..........I never heard any of them say that. I seem to remember them saying in an interview (MTV to be exact) that they would never do CREED songs but if Scott wanted to they had no problem with that. In fact I believe Flip said that.................

Maybe you never heard say that to the guys cuz you just pay attention at what Stapp does....
Old 11-01-2004, 05:01 PM   #94
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I really donīt give a damm if Stapp sings Creed songs at his concerts, if the guys don't mind either.

Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life. If it wasnīt for Tremo maybe today we couldnīt listen to all that wonderful songs. With that i am not taken any merit to Stapp as a song-written. I canīt say the same about the todaysīs Stapp...and i donīt wanna say anything definite about it till i can listen to his solo album...but i donīt feel like his songs are gonna to be so touchy.

Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".
Old 11-01-2004, 05:11 PM   #95
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #96
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".

I can't even understand what you are saying here LOL!

let me see if I get this right...because some people defend Stapp...they are against AB? Which I hate to tell ya...not everyone who defends Stapp is against AB. There are many people who are looking forward to both projects...and who know enough to keep their mouths shut when it comes to badmouthing band members about the separate directions these guys have chosen to go. Also...those that are supporting Stapp and not AB were not Creed fans to begin with? LMAO...too funny. I've seen posts by you that indicate that your not much of a Stapp fan yourself...so if I use your analogy...you obviously were never a Creed fan then
Old 11-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #97
Trimontana
USER INFO »
What i am trying to say is that the most Creed fans who support Stapp arenīt AB fans...those fans support him; defending him to the point that he is almost perfect...and AB are just saying crap against him and they donīt feel proud about the past. You can check certain Stapp website to understand what i am saying.
I am not a 100% Stapp supporter, thatīs for sure, cuz i think he has second intentions in all the interviews he had made actually at the different radio stations. I feel very proud to be a Creed fan but i feel very proud to be an AB too, and i feel very offended when it comes to twist some declarations AB made. And those declarations are not accepted for those "JUST" Stapp fans.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #98
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life.
I was under the impression that Scott wrote the lyrics and most of the melodies and Mark wrote the music and some of the melodies. Is that not correct?

Quote: Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".
With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:35 PM   #99
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #100
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr)
With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.
For me, the music is as much a part of the emotion and feeling as the words. Look at A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine. By changing the focus of the music, it changed the whole vibe of the song and offered a very different mood from the original. Yes, words alone can be moving, but with music, it's the combination that creates the total package. Look at classical music. Some of that music has brought me to tears and there are no words to a lot of it. I can think of some very moving rock instrumentals as well: Metallica's Call of Ktulu and Orion, Alice In Chain's Whale & Wasp, Jerry Cantrell's Hurts, Don't It? and Mad Season's November Hotel. How about Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Little Wing? That one sends chills down my spine.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:52 PM   #101
creedlvr
USER INFO »
That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:59 PM   #102
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?
I don't think there is any set rule or anything. I think it just comes down to each group of people and what works for them. Like I said, for this particular group of people, I thought that Scott was mostly responsible for lyrics, Mark for the music and both of them for the melodies with Scott contributing to more of them.

Maybe I'm wrong ... but that was my understanding.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:24 AM   #103
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.
That's cool and I can understand that. It's always the music that gets me first and then the lyrics. But it's interesting how the words, once I learn them, can change the texture of a song for me and make the experience different. Music's just so damn cool
Old 11-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #104
caseycarson
USER INFO »
He was the singer of Creed....

Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:28 AM   #105
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.

you had a fair point with your comparison to those bands but you blew it with that last comment. an unknown band such as goneblind has more talent than the alter bridge guys minus myles? hahhahaha
if you're talking the tea party i would admit those guys are talented (very much so) but martin is not as good as tremonti.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie