++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-26-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" *1st post edited*

Another quote from the classy, high-roader mate of ours...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow from PBF describing Stapp's interview on KROQ NY on Oct 25th) They asked if Scott had a band. Scott said that over the years "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" and that "just the players changed" Scott said as far as writing (lyrics and music), nothing has really changed and said that about 20% to 25% of his new stuff was a contribution from the guys - guitar riffs, drum parts, etc.. (Scott did not mention GB by name yet).

ETA: Ok, just one more thing coz I need to be fair. It just came to my knowledge that in the same interview Stapp said he still loves Mark and Flip. (11/03/2005).

Last edited by Bridge of Clay : 11-03-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, ya know, I'm obviously not too thrilled with some of the smack talk that he has been making lately. It sucks that he is, well, I hate to say it, a bit "full" of himself. I guess I'm just going to try to judge him by his music, and not the sometimes idiotic(for lack of a better word) things he says.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Well I hate to say it...but I think hes acting (saying those things) this way to get some promotion to his album....
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
just a bit??? lol

Everyday Stapp does his best to lose his non die-hard fans that are still willing to give him another chance.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Haha, alright, so it appears that he is ALOT full of himself. Anyway, I am reserving judgment as far as his solo career is concerned. I will judge him by his music, not by the stupid things he has(and probably will continue to) said.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
He's quickly becoming a legend in his own mind.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Indeed!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
that is pr talk...he is trying to get the creed people to buy his album...and in a way putting down flip, tremo, and brian for the contributions to creed and now alterbridge...hes full of himself and I do not like him because of that but I will give his music a chance....
Old 10-26-2005, 11:13 PM   #9
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I use to wish that Creed would be back together, but not anymore Myles is so much better than Scott. You know Myles had nothing but nice things to say about Scott. I'll give his music a chance, but I support Alter Bridge.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #10
Agent D
USER INFO »
It's sad and pathetic. He is merely fullfilling all the negative things people used to say about him.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:54 PM   #11
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Another quote from the classy, high-roader mate of ours...

Well sure it morphed into Scott Stapp. It was all about him, the entire Weathered tour was based on whether or not he could perform, he got slammed at every turn, was cut down, cut up, and dissected.

AB even made Creed about him. So yea, I can see where he would make a statement like that. He's got my full support. Besides, it's good therapy for him to get it all out.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #12
ElektrikBluz
USER INFO »
It's just such a damned shame what pride and egos can do to what was once a brotherhood.

I was checking out an old NYROCK interview with Mark Tremonti from 1999, and this is what Mark had to say about the band (including Stapp, of course), back then:

NYROCK:
You guys seemed to have adjusted to the fame rather well. How do you manage to get along with all the touring and recording?

MARK:
We're like four brothers. Our management consists of friends. Most of the people on our label are friends, and it's a far better and easier way to work. I can't imagine what it would be like if it would be all just business. We can fight one minute and get along a moment later. Nobody takes anything wrong and we all understand and know each other.

I don't know if all the truth will ever be known about what brought about their falling out, but I would imagine there was enough blame to go around on all sides.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Well sure it morphed into Scott Stapp. It was all about him, the entire Weathered tour was based on whether or not he could perform, he got slammed at every turn, was cut down, cut up, and dissected.

AB even made Creed about him. So yea, I can see where he would make a statement like that. He's got my full support. Besides, it's good therapy for him to get it all out.
pffffftttt!

I feel sorry for you.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:28 AM   #14
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) pffffftttt!

I feel sorry for you.

Well, to be honest with you, I don't care what you think. It's my opinion, and I like it. Besides, I'm not trying to change yours, so why should you give a damn.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
You're entitled to it.

But can't a man worry about his board mates when they're astray?