++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2004, 02:48 AM   #16
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
guitars

My Guitars:

Fender Strat (mexican...getting my friend to fix it so it stays in tune)

PRS Tremonti SE (platinum, played this to death until mark signed it, now it's on my wall)

Olympia Acoustic (first guitar, played that thing to death until....)

Taylor 414ce (got this for my birthday, best sounding acoustic i've ever heard)

i'm not in a band, but i write my own songs (i think i have 30 now, probably more, but it's not the quantity that counts)

I use Elixer Nanoweb 10s on all my guitars, i've tried every set of strings you can think of and these just have incredible feel and tone (especially on acoustic, they're incredible). They're really slick, so they're great for sliding stuff, and they have great sustain and last a long time (left a set on my acoustic for over 2 months and they still sounded great up until i broke one)

anyways, if you're breaking new strings when you tune your guitar, you're turning the knobs way too far (or the strings were defective). If you dont' have one, get an electric tuner (your strings should NEVER break when you put them on for the first time unless you're doing something wrong)
Old 01-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #17
roy20uk
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to roy20uk Send a message via Yahoo to roy20uk
cool...

well, thanks for all the help on the strings guys...

everyone have a good new year?

anyone seen creed live here?

laters
Old 01-15-2004, 03:07 AM   #18
darren726
USER INFO »
Quote: anyways, if you're breaking new strings when you tune your guitar, you're turning the knobs way too far (or the strings were defective). If you dont' have one, get an electric tuner (your strings should NEVER break when you put them on for the first time unless you're doing something wrong)

It's probally because he doesnt know what the hell he's doing. In other words he's new to guitar and is learning how to play or is incredibly stupid.

Has to be one of the two.

Quote: i cant get ne decent rocking notes out of it.

I mean hell, read that quote. It has to be one of the funniest things i've read all week. I know i'm being mean but I just find that to be incredibly funny and is almost pure ignorance(and i dont mean that in a bad way, if you know what the definition of it is then you know what I mean)
Old 01-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #19
roy20uk
USER INFO »
to darren726

I have been playing for around five or six years now, i have only started taking it seriously recently though.

people like you seem to get off on making people like me feel bad about them selves, i have had this crap all my life because of such stupid things as the music i listen to or my Essex accent.........

But.....

im 20yrs old now, im engaged to a gurl i love more than anything and i have realised that the only people i have to be concerned with are my family...

so.... if you want to feel like your "mr big" go some where else and tease someone else.........

because like your mother i dont care about you!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #20
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
yeah really... you said yourself you knew you were being mean... what kind of bullshit is that...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #21
roy20uk
USER INFO »
hey...

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) yeah really... you said yourself you knew you were being mean... what kind of bullshit is that...

hey dude...

hows u?
how long u been playing?

if ya wanna chat and im not replyin on here drop me a line at [email protected] or add it to msn
Old 01-15-2004, 11:18 PM   #22
darren726
USER INFO »
Actually Roy i'm pretty nice to just about everyone and normally dont tend to pick on people, but what you said I just found to be incredibly funny. No where did I bring up your faimily or girlfriend so I dont really get why you brought that up. It was completly irrelavant to the conversation. I will apologize for being very impolite though and will try not to be so mean next time. I just couldn't help it after I had read what you wrote.

DR makes some good electric strings. Ernie Ball does also. DR's have a really bright sound, which makes for a good clean tone, but as others said, Mark plays D Addario's.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #23
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by darren726) Actually Roy i'm pretty nice to just about everyone and normally dont tend to pick on people, but what you said I just found to be incredibly funny. No where did I bring up your faimily or girlfriend so I dont really get why you brought that up. It was completly irrelavant to the conversation. I will apologize for being very impolite though and will try not to be so mean next time. I just couldn't help it after I had read what you wrote.

DR makes some good electric strings. Ernie Ball does also. DR's have a really bright sound, which makes for a good clean tone, but as others said, Mark plays D Addario's.
accually.. Ernie Balls suck IMO... that's just my experience w/ them... they always seem either really swangy or like... really dull... no chunky middle ground... DRs are much better IMO...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-15-2004, 11:40 PM   #24
darren726
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) accually.. Ernie Balls suck IMO... that's just my experience w/ them... they always seem either really swangy or like... really dull... no chunky middle ground... DRs are much better IMO...

I have 4 electrics so I tend to have them stringed differently for different styles of play but I play on DRs pretty much all the time (acoustic and electric) and they tend to be my favorite strings, but I have never had any problems with Ernie ball really. They have always seemed to play fine for me. I normally get the Reg Slinky or I'll get different packs and set up my own gauge of strings because I like pretty thick lows(52's 54's and sometimes i'll get 48's and 50's depending on what type of sound i want) and pretty thin highs for lead like 9's or 10's.