++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-20-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Michael posts at the Pit

"Just wanted to let you all know that the new band is playing a little private showcase tonight for friends and a few industry people. I thought maybe one of you should be in attendence to witness this so I invited CreedGoddess up(Alicia) and she is on her way as we speak. I hope she makes it in time as I gave her almost no notice(haha). Anyway, I'm sure she will give a report to you all when she gets back home. I'm very excited to have a Creed fan hear this and get thier impressions. Talk to you all soon.

Michael"

Someone from the mt.net boards told us his/her experience at the private show. His/her name is TremsRoadie. I'll later post what he/she had to say about it. Also evyllsummer had something to say about the show.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I need to move to Florida...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-21-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
velocityidp
USER INFO »
[posted by Creedgoddess on creedpit.com]

I'm baaaaaack! Approximately 9 hours after I left for Orlando which was 8 hours after I had gotten up with 3 kids. Needless to say I'm wiped, so forgive me if this post is all over the place.

First and foremost, a huge "Thank You" to Michael Tremonti for your gracious invitation. And to Mark and the guys for be willing to let me sit in tonight. I am truly honored.

They played 12 songs tonight. They have about 30 songs in all, the majority of which are complete. The songs cover a wide range (in style, nuance and tempo, heavy to soft) but they all share one thing: they are classic, straight-up, old school ROCK & ROLL Songs you can embrace from the moment you hear them.

The limitations of working in a rehearsal space aside, I thought it sounded damn good in there. Afterwards Michael told me that both Mark and the lead singer were very frustrated in not being able to hear their own voices. Apparently there were mistakes made and some things were off. But this non-musician would never have known the difference. No, I wasn't in a 40,000 seat stadium, and no I wasn't listening to an engineered cd. But it sure sounded good to me!

The lead singer: (now we are intelligent folk and can look around this place and make a fairly educated guess as to who it is, but for the purposes of this post I will refer to him as "the lead singer"). His voice is simply amazing. He is a musician and he is trained. The difference is qualitative. You can hear it immediately. He has incredible control over his voice and he can take it places! There are songs where you can't believe you are listening to the same guy. That's how much talent and range this guy has. Now granted, this was a rehearsal space and not a concert, but it is my opinion that for this lead singer, it's more about musicianship and less about showmanship. You get my drift.

Mark: Finally. We are getting to hear this boy play! Really play. Most of the songs have guitar solos (Hail the return of the guitar solo! It's about damn time!) The music really allows Mark to showcase his talents. To this untrained ear, it sounds as if Mark's influences come from a wide range of music and you can hear that in the songs he's written.

Flip: Damn boy! What have you been eating for breakfast? I've never heard Flip play like he played tonight! He is really coming into his own.

Brian: You all will have to forgive me, because I came into Creed after Brian had already left. I can't speak for his playing based on any previous experience. He pretty much stayed off to the side and and concentrated on doing his thing. Michael tells me Brian is still working on getting to know the songs and will become more comfortable as time goes on.

One song in particular: Metalingus (as it's currently known, but whose name will be changed for the cd). IT'S OUT OF CONTROL! . Heavy heavy. And I couldn't decide which was more insane; the lead singer's voice, Mark's guitar playing, or Flip on the drums. The song frikkin rocks!

Of course they all rocked. Every time they played the next song I thought "that's my favorite". I thought that for just about every song. There is one song that Mark wrote for his mom. It's moving and powerful. But it stays strong and never gets sappy. I don't know how Mark does it.

I'll be honest. Watching them all together I did not once think of Creed. These guys are their own band. With their own sound. And after only two months together it already seems easy and natural between them. I get the feeling that Mark and Flip are in a time and place where they can really stretch and do what they want to musically.

Again, I was honored to have been in the room. I hope I have done them justice with this little report of mine. I wish these guys nothing but the best. And I for one will be happily waiting in the ticket line.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 03-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
WOW I am insanely jealous! why couldn't it have been poor little old me? all those times defending Creed on the PJ board and for what hey? only kidding but wow what a privlidge. Great to hear Flip is coming in to his own and i'm sure Brian will be just fine. I think we can all safely assume Myles Kennedy is the lead singer. Metalingus is a cool name for a loud rocker but if its commercial sounding perhaps a name change would be good. Can you tell us if "the lead singer" has contributed lyrics or is it all Mark? I'm so exicted and I and I just can't hide it......you know you know I love you LMAO
Old 03-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #5
JenRN
USER INFO »
Way cool...... I wonder how any of us can go to a "gathering" like this. Hell I would hop on a plane to Orlando pronto to go to something like this. I can't wait to hear them. Sounds AWESOME!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-21-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
and how about the time I spent defending and promoting Creed here in Brazil? hehehe

Since it's complicated for me to go to FL, I'b be thankful with the demo CD through the mail! hehehehe LOL!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) and how about the time I spent defending and promoting Creed here in Brazil? hehehe

Since it's complicated for me to go to FL, I'b be thankful with the demo CD through the mail! hehehehe LOL!

Yea, I think for the time being I'll be happy with that too Marcos

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Very cool!! I wish I could've been there myself. I can't wait to hear the cd!!

Relearn Love
Old 03-21-2004, 01:42 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Hey that Reminds Me GUYS!!! i recently Saw "ROCKSTAR" on VH1... AND DAMN... DAMN DAMN!!!! MYLES IS INSANE!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #10
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) Hey that Reminds Me GUYS!!! i recently Saw "ROCKSTAR" on VH1... AND DAMN... DAMN DAMN!!!! MYLES IS INSANE!!!!

I need to watch that movie!
Old 03-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hey, let's toast and pray for that, Steve!

question about rockstar:

-Myles is the fan that appears on the last concert, right?
Old 03-21-2004, 02:53 PM   #12
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Yeah... the one that Get's On Stage and Tears It UP!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-21-2004, 09:02 PM   #13
titanguy9
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to titanguy9 Send a message via Yahoo to titanguy9
need tremonti ahhh

SUBMERSED-THERE GOING TO BE BIG!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:29 AM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
WOW, thanks for posting that, velocity. It sounds kick-ass! I sooooooooo can't wait for this!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:23 AM   #15
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) WOW, thanks for posting that, velocity. It sounds kick-ass! I sooooooooo can't wait for this!
ditto!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new