++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Answers!

I don't know, I mean I guess if this happens, I'd give the music a chance. But I'm definitely not crazy about the idea(though I do admit I enjoyed Fuel's music). It's a possibility, but I won't believe it has happened til both Fuel and Stapp publicly announce it. 'Til then, it's just a rumor to me.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #17
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

Can I ask, How are you linking these two together? Do you have any other info to lead you to this other than the remarks in the first email?
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
revisfoot
USER INFO »

I really don't KNOW. I'm not some industry insider, or anything like that. But, like I mentioned, I've noticed some trends by paying attention to the news with both bands.

Scott's album was getting tons of promotion earlier this year. At that same time, Fuel was entertaining the idea of hiring Chris Daughtry. Well, that didn't go through, and all of a sudden, the promotion for Scott's album fell off the map. A few months later, when Fuel said they were entering the studio with this new singer, Scott's tour gets cancelled.

Maybe it's just coincidence. But, I feel that there really is something going on under the surface.

SCOTT STAPP + FUEL?????
Old 09-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #19
Frankie
USER INFO »

From the band Something to Burn on their myspace page...

We have a difficult and unfortunate announcement to make and it will not be an easy one to take. Toryn will no longer be the singer for STB. He has been courted for the last couple of months by a band who could not get their singing idol of choice. Toryn was the guy waiting in the wings if the offer to their first choice fell through, which it did.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=266 4515
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #20
revisfoot
USER INFO »

Yeah, see, not so much. I don't think this "new guy" that Fuel has gotten in their wing is a "nobody", you know? They've really kept it under wraps so much, that there is something HUGE, something BIG. And, let's face it, the only available singer that would be worth that kind of surprise is...

SCOTT STAPP.

Sure, Hugo Ferriera of Tantric fame is available, but, as I said in earlier posts, there has been a pattern of actions that seem to parallel in both the Stapp and the Fuel camps.

Like, right when Carl Bell of Fuel posted on fuelweb.com that the band was in the studio with the new singer...Scott's tour was just "cancelled". There has been some question if Stapp would leave Wind-Up, well...Fuel have hinted at the legal battle of getting this new singer.

Like I said, it's just a theory. I don't know anything for sure, and nothing is concrete. But, there have been way too many coincidences.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #21
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) From the band Something to Burn on their myspace page...

We have a difficult and unfortunate announcement to make and it will not be an easy one to take. Toryn will no longer be the singer for STB. He has been courted for the last couple of months by a band who could not get their singing idol of choice. Toryn was the guy waiting in the wings if the offer to their first choice fell through, which it did.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=266 4515

I posted that, and people blew it off lol.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »

I kinda agree with Revis, I don't see why Fuel would sign this nobody and then act as if this guy is something special. It has to be someone with a higher profile than that--whether that's Stapp or some other free agent singer.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #23
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I kinda agree with Revis, I don't see why Fuel would sign this nobody and then act as if this guy is something special. It has to be someone with a higher profile than that--whether that's Stapp or some other free agent singer.

They hyped it up before because they wanted Chris Daughtry. After that fell through, it doesn't seem like they've hyped anything up. They've just kept things quiet since.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #24
nagpo
USER INFO »

i like the idea of stapp joining a new band and keeping his solo thing but his voice and the fuel sound do not mesh
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #25
metalanus
USER INFO »

why cant stapp just join Goneblind or the tea party or do both bands have a lead singer. im more into bands than solo acts.

if he were to join fuel it would be creedish as far as being melodic rock with similar guitar work.

I really like the idea but Ill believe it when I see it
Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #26
J-Man
USER INFO »

I'm w/ Chase and Frankie on this one. The Stapp thing makes for good gossip, and I think that is all it would amount to.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #27
revisfoot
USER INFO »

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been keeping up with Fuel's website as well as this one. The guys from Fuel have been posting pictures from the studio, but no pics of the new singer...

Despite what anyone else says, I still think it's Stapp. Too many parallels.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #28
Frankie
USER INFO »

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/09/...uick-hits.html

Quote: Fuel has finally announced the name of its new frontman, who replaced Brett Scallions earlier this year. The new singer is Toryn Green, formerly of Something To Burn. The group is recording its fourth album in Los Angeles with A Perfect Circle drummer Josh Freese behind the kit, making it unclear whether drummer Tommy Stewart is still with the group. (Tunelab Music).
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #29
RenoV
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) http://www.therockradio.com/2006/09/...uick-hits.html

Well, that unveils it... Anyway, I wouldn't liked having Scott Stapp singing for Fuel. I mean, I really enjoyed "Something like human", but other than that, I just don't know.
I'm trying to imagine how would it sound like, but I can't make Stapp's voice fit into the Fuel's sound...
Old 10-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #30
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RenoV) Well, that unveils it... Anyway, I wouldn't liked having Scott Stapp singing for Fuel. I mean, I really enjoyed "Something like human", but other than that, I just don't know.
I'm trying to imagine how would it sound like, but I can't make Stapp's voice fit into the Fuel's sound...
i agree