++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's a sad thing...

I'm to very disappointed in the Alter Bridge cd. Comparing to creed, alter bridge is bullshit... It seems to me, that the guys from alter bridge are doing just everything to make more and more money... this whole alter bridge project is so comercial as hell... The soul of the music and spirit of the words are gone in alter bridge...
Yesterday I saw the OYE video and for me it was a parody of rock music, in fact the whole alter bridge cd, except few songs, is a parody of rock music... Although Tremmonti guitars still rock, but when Myles starts to sing, I'll better shut my ears... Myles as vocalist is just normal, he isn't extraordinary as Stapp and he never will be... thats the sadest thing of all...

P.S My apologies to them, who think different...
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) I'm to very disappointed in the Alter Bridge cd. Comparing to creed, alter bridge is bullshit... It seems to me, that the guys from alter bridge are doing just everything to make more and more money... this whole alter bridge project is so comercial as hell... The soul of the music and spirit of the words are gone in alter bridge...
Yesterday I saw the OYE video and for me it was a parody of rock music, in fact the whole alter bridge cd, except few songs, is a parody of rock music... Although Tremmonti guitars still rock, but when Myles starts to sing, I'll better shut my ears... Myles as vocalist is just normal, he isn't extraordinary as Stapp and he never will be... thats the sadest thing of all...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinnion, I'm one of Stapp's biggest fans, but for you to say that Myles is just a normal vocalist, makes me wonder if you are listening to the same guy I am. Their is nothing normal about his singing, he is awesome. I love his range and the way he can sound like so many singers just blows me away. As for the cd, I miss Creed too, but this cd ROCKS.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
So you're saying Creed didn't become commercial music when they were forced to think of song lenghts and what radios the song would play before writing? ok...
Old 08-17-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) So you're saying Creed didn't become commercial music when they were forced to think of song lenghts and what radios the song would play before writing? ok...
Well Bridge Of Clay Everbodys Got To Have A Few Commercial Songs You Know B/c Cause Thats The Point You Want People To Like Your Music!!! Forced Or Not It Was Still Magic!!! And Evil Wizzard Dude HaHa We Cant Help It....ROCK ON, PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-17-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
hey thats your opinion man

my opinion- AB album is right up there with the Creed Albums as favorites of mine, Stapp had one vocal style and Myles another. Myles has an incredible range, one that isnt really mactched in Rock Music. The Bass and Drum lines in these songs are really good, and i Love the diversity of sounds, from some 70's and 80's sounds, to bluesy/jazzy sounds, to some modern and grunge and some metal sounds. And Marks guitar playing, oh yeah!!!! All those little riffs and nice solos. Just an overall great album. but thats just my opinion and you are entitled to your own.

have a great day all.

Last edited by Iced : 08-17-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) I'm to very disappointed in the Alter Bridge cd. Comparing to creed, alter bridge is bullshit... It seems to me, that the guys from alter bridge are doing just everything to make more and more money... this whole alter bridge project is so comercial as hell... The soul of the music and spirit of the words are gone in alter bridge...
Hey, hey, hey, CALM down!!

Well, of course Alter Bridge dosen't sound like Creed, they're two different bands, and don't say AB didn't tell you!! I'm a bit more of the metal-head, and I'm glad they've gone into the heavier side, AB rocks man!! I love the Alter Bridge-video, and I have to say Myles is AT LEAST as good as Stapp. In fact, I don't miss Stapp at all. But I will always love and support him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) P.S My apologies to them, who think different...
Thank you

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) my opinion- AB album is right up there with the Creed Albums as favorites of mine, Stapp had one vocal style and Myles another. Myles has an incredible range, one that isnt really mactched in Rock Music.
Yeah, I agree with Micheal!! And I think I have to agree with God Tremonti when he said Myles has the best rock 'n roll voice Mark had ever heard.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #8
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
some questions

i'm just wondering does alter bridge also (like Creed) have some "special" message from their music and lyrics? Personally I don't see (hear) the MESSAGE, thats why I think that this AB project is all about making money...
To me it seems like they are just trying (!!!) to "rock" without any filosophical or some kind of psicho-emotional background. They are just bunch of guys, who play this "copy and paste" rock music. Creed was original, alter bridge is a bad copy of creed.
And how can we say that AB is entirely different band from creed, if the 75% procent band members are ex-creed???
Old 08-17-2004, 04:50 PM   #9
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
I wonder if One Day Remains was released as a Creed album with Scott Stapp doing the vocals if we would even be having this discussion. I thik that if you truly enjoy the music you will find meaning in it. Do you mean the psuedo-Christian imagery that is apparent throughout Creed's lyrics? If so I think it is still there in Alter Bridge read over the lyrics a couple times you'll see it.

As for the Alter Bridge sounds like Creed with a different singer argument; I think it is pretty much right on. As much as people keep going Alter bridge is a different band it isn't. The guys whom make up the instrumental sound of Creed and Alter Bridge are the same. Yes overall it is a harder album but don't you think eventually Creed would have evolved eventually to something that sounded like this. I do and maybe that is why I see the similarity more. The guitar work is Mark, the drums are Scott and the bass is Brian. And as much as people want to say that they sound different you can't deny the signatures.

Give the album a couple more listens, turn up the volume and I think you will get used to it more and enjoy it. It took me a little bit (about 4 or 5 listens off VH1.com before it came out in stores) to get used to Myles voice but now I think it is my favorite album of the year.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:42 PM   #10
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) i'm just wondering does alter bridge also (like Creed) have some "special" message from their music and lyrics? Personally I don't see (hear) the MESSAGE, thats why I think that this AB project is all about making money...
To me it seems like they are just trying (!!!) to "rock" without any filosophical or some kind of psicho-emotional background. They are just bunch of guys, who play this "copy and paste" rock music. Creed was original, alter bridge is a bad copy of creed.
And how can we say that AB is entirely different band from creed, if the 75% procent band members are ex-creed???

You could try a spell-check before posting. I't would make your post seem like it actually has an argument, or logic, or some sort of rationality behind it.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:27 PM   #11
ctfan
USER INFO »

Yep, I agree.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) i'm just wondering does alter bridge also (like Creed) have some "special" message from their music and lyrics? Personally I don't see (hear) the MESSAGE, thats why I think that this AB project is all about making money...
What the FUCK???? You are freaking blind man!! Or you don't want to see the message, there's a message in every song!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) To me it seems like they are just trying (!!!) to "rock" without any filosophical or some kind of psicho-emotional background. They are just bunch of guys, who play this "copy and paste" rock music. Creed was original, alter bridge is a bad copy of creed.
You know what your problem is? You just haven't got over the fact that Alter Bridge is another band then Creed, and that they write different musics and lyrics, with another vocalist, who happens to rock by the way.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #13
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Lith calm down, you said that yourself to the one that started this thread Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so take a man!
I havn't heard anything from Alterbridge yet, so I have nothing more to add on this
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »
CHILL??? Now, I was calm until you said you haven't heard any AB yet... My GOSH, I'm jumping off a mountain soon!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #15
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) CHILL??? Now, I was calm until you said you haven't heard any AB yet... My GOSH, I'm jumping off a mountain soon!!!
No You Didnt :
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything