++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed reunion opinion

I am 31 so I tend to think about things alot more than when I was younger. I have given this a lot of thought, and here is what I think about a Creed reunion.. It's going to happen.. just a matter of time. Here is why..
1. MOST "big" bands that have broken up have reunited at some point, for several reasons. Money being a big one of course. IF you are a music fan, you can easily think of 20 "big" bands that have broken up because of HUGE riffs, and reunited a decade later or so.
2. Alter Bridge rocks no doubt. Stapp's stuff is good too. There is no way that either of them will ever be anywhere close to Creed status. Im sure some of you might argue that and be mad at me about that comment. Argue if you must, but lets face it, it is impossible. A band like Creed only happens if a million things simultaneously take place at just the right time. That being said, all that were involved with Creed will eventually want that kind of stardom again. To be at the top again. Any human would. Its natural. And they all know that in the blink of an eye (a new album and reunion tour), they would be on top again. So when the pride wears off..........

3. They have age going for them. If this was a band consisting of 50 year old guys, that would be different. These guys are barely 30! They have YEARS and YEARS to forgive and forget.
4. Stapp had a lot of problems, most of which ended Creed. But he went through all of this at a relatively young age. My guess is that with the lessons he has learned, and the maturing that he has done, he is going to wake up and clean up. He already has a significant amount from what I have read. So, I imagine a sober Stapp would be something Tremonti and the boys would be very interested in!
5. Tremonti says to forget about a reunion. Well, of course he does. He is pissed! Will be for a while probably. But, time heals. And, Stapp and Tremonti started out as friends BEFORE they were a band. So, I imagine they will return to being friends someday. Its inevitable. Someone will call someone. Its the way life works. Once they get their solo projects out of their system, they will long for what got them where they are in the first place. Creed.
6. I imagine there is a man, somewhere, a big business man, who is going to be damn sure that Creed reunites. Record company exec, or something. Think about it!
Anyways, all of this is just my opinion obviously. But giving it a lot of thought, all of this just made the most sense.
Peace!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Creed reunion opinion

Hmm. I disagree. Creed was big, but not for a long-enough period to really have staying power. It's not as if they were Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin. I know plenty of people of who have moved on from Creed's music. My sister is a good example. If she listens at all, she listens to My Own Prison. She thought Human Clay was OK, and she was disappointed with Weathered. They were definitely past their peak with Weathered, IMO.

Ten years from now, we might hear WAWO, Higher or MOP on the radio. I mean, look at Pearl Jam or Alice In Chains or Soundgarden or Metallica. Their stuff still gets played on the radio more than a decade after it came out, and it's two decades for Metallica.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

People: Creed is over.Theres no possibility of reunion. Period.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 AM   #4
geletmote
USER INFO »

BRADD I agree, time heals everything and they will reunite, ANNA ur simply one eyed AB fan by the looks of it, uve dissed creed quite easily which is dissapointing.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:59 AM   #5
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I'm with Anna, Creed is over, even if they were to get a reunion they wouldn't get as much status as before, we the fans would buy them and that would give them some amount of money, charts etc. but they wont be as big as they were. Plus I don't think that Brian and Stapp is going to be close ever since (just the way I look at it) they never were and they wont be friends again I belive.
The guys from Creed are happy in AB, they don't have anyone telling them not to do this or that as Stapp would in Creed, Mark gets to write what he wants without anyone changing as Stapp would and Myles is a better singer witch gives Mark the ability to play the way he wants. Myles can play the guitar and that gives Mark the chans to solo, and he always wanted to solo in creed. He loves to solo, why would he leave that previlige and go back to Creed?
Oh and finaly... BRIAN IS BACK!
So no, it wont happen, never I belive, they might be friends again IF Stapp stopps singing Creed songs on tour, but no reunion!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki

ok nothing would make me happier than if creed got back together.

ok and I dissagree with the comment above. Myles is not a better signer than Stapp.

I like alter bridge I went and saw them live at nottingham but Myles didn't really do anything for me to be honest. ok don't get me wrong he seems like a nice guy he sounds good on cd but just didn't seem to have much live.

with the effex on his mic I think I could have sung those songs.
But I have a live cd of creed and even on the cd Stapp just really shone. He was awesome and just had so much passion and so much power.

Yes he isn't as good as he was but the passion is still their and he seems to be getting better since the radio tour in 05 so hopefully will keep on doing so. But I still think Scott is better than Myles NOW.

I will go and see Stapp live and be front row. and yes he will do a UK tour (despite what some people keep saying on this board)
Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) BRADD I agree, time heals everything and they will reunite, ANNA ur simply one eyed AB fan by the looks of it, uve dissed creed quite easily which is dissapointing.

??? Peter do you need more time to face the true? well... okay, but Im a realistic person, and the real life says Creed is over. And just to you know I still love Creed , so ur disappointment is in vain...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I'm with Anna, Creed is over, even if they were to get a reunion they wouldn't get as much status as before, we the fans would buy them and that would give them some amount of money, charts etc. but they wont be as big as they were. Plus I don't think that Brian and Stapp is going to be close ever since (just the way I look at it) they never were and they wont be friends again I belive.
The guys from Creed are happy in AB, they don't have anyone telling them not to do this or that as Stapp would in Creed, Mark gets to write what he wants without anyone changing as Stapp would and Myles is a better singer witch gives Mark the ability to play the way he wants. Myles can play the guitar and that gives Mark the chans to solo, and he always wanted to solo in creed. He loves to solo, why would he leave that previlige and go back to Creed?
Oh and finaly... BRIAN IS BACK!
So no, it wont happen, never I belive, they might be friends again IF Stapp stopps singing Creed songs on tour, but no reunion!

This is one of the reasons I really dont believe Creed will reunite in the future.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Personally I don't see it happening at all. Considering the history between Stapp and Marshall, then figure in that Marshall is now playing with AB, I don't see Mark and Flip saying "Let's dump Brian and get back together with Stapp after all." Nothing is written in stone, but I think there is very very little chance of it happening.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
The Lithium
USER INFO »

I'm telling you... Even if AB breaks up. There is NO way Creed is getting back together, Mark have made that so obviously clear! Accept it people!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

it is not only that mark has made it clear, I believe Stapp has burned a lot of bridges because of or with the media and the fans that Creed had cannot go back together unless there is a fundemental shift in peoples thinking and that mostly likely will not happen
Old 01-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) This is one of the reasons I really dont believe Creed will reunite in the future.
they'll be happy untill they get dropped by WU.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #13
Robin101
USER INFO »

I doubt that Creed would reunite to create new music.

However, a reunion for a world tour in 5-10 years wouldn't surprise me - it would just depend on the situation.

Would people be interested? I'll answer that with another question - How many people on this board would go to one, if not more, of their shows?

I think a majority of Creed fans would - that's a lot of fans! Like I said it would just depend on the situation.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 01-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I doubt that Creed would reunite to create new music.

However, a reunion for a world tour in 5-10 years wouldn't surprise me - it would just depend on the situation.
Actually I think Mark would rather go into the studio with Stapp again, than to tour with him again!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Actually I think Mark would rather go into the studio with Stapp again, than to tour with him again!

Yeah, I can imagine Stapp being a pain in the ass - with him, Jagger (maybe another kid), his wife (maybe a third!) and his sobriety coach (I hope he doesn't need one by then) it would get pretty crowded on the tour!

I don't know if Mark would go into the studio with Stapp again. It may seem like a good idea at some stage to him but after 5 minutes he'd be thinking 'Now I remember why we split...' - I bet they'd be bickering like a married couple!

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger