++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Vinnie Paul

Former Pantera and Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul lost the fire to play over a year-and-a-half ago when his brother Dimebag Darrell was shot dead during a show. The event has left a permanent emotional scar with Paul, and he had previously said that all his desire to play had gone.

It turns out that although Paul lost a part of him the night of the shooting, it was Van Halen's Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony, which made him realize how much he loved music.

Video clip :

Watch video: Vinnie Paul On Drum Desire Van Halen

"I totally got the fire to play, man. I went down to Cabo last year around October for Sammy Hagar's birthday. He invited me down and I played with Sammy and Michael [Anthony] for a week down there, half of Van Halen, which is one of my favorite bands ever, and it really helped me to realize how much I missed the drums."

Vinnie Paul also told us that he's got a new band, and he shared with us the details that he was allowed to, legally.

Watch video: Vinnie Paul On New Band

"...and I've got a new band. I can't tell you about it, but the record's done. It'll be out in February, and you'll be one of the first to hear it. We've just got to get a lot of the legal loose ends tied up, but it is badass and I'm really excited about it. It's heavy of course. It's in the vein of everything I've ever been a part of. But as far as being able to speculate on it any further I'm just going to have to wait."

Vinnie Paul Abbott formed Pantera with brother Dimebag Darrell Abbott back in 1983, but the first album by the band featuring Phil Anselmo didn't hit stores until 1988.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
bilal
USER INFO »
Re: Vinnie Paul

wow...thanks for the info brother....
Old 09-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Velvet Revolver is looking to finish up writing the follow album to Contraband. The all-star outfit that features singer Scott Weiland and former members of Guns N' Roses, is hoping to beat Metallica to the studio to work with Rick Rubin.
Rubin is working with U2, but Velvet Revolver Matt Sorum said they'll be next in line.
"We're still writing, man. We just signed up with Rick Rubin. Rick Rubin is producing our record, which we're really excited about. But unfortunately he's producing U2 and Metallica right now, so we're waiting on him. He's in... Rick just went to France to do U2, and hopefully we're gonna beat Metallica to the studio because I think we write songs faster than they do. They're friends of mine so I'm allowed to say whatever I want about 'em."

Sorum, on hand at the Hard Rock Cafe 35th Anniversary Bash in New York City added that they're looking to make their Back In Black, the album that reaffirmed AC/DC's rock and roll dominance in the early '80s.
"Rick just wants to hear the songs. Rick's about the songs. He doesn't really... He doesn't give a sh-t about getting into the studio until the songs are right. He said, 'Well, when I get back from U2 and I'm going to listen, and if you have the songs we'll go in.' There's no rush. We want to make a pinnacle rock record. We want to make (AC/DC's) Back In Black meets (Led Zeppelin's) Physical Graffiti. That's what we're looking to do."
Meanwhile, singer Scott Weiland played a solo show in Indiana, and he roadtested new solo tunes "Killing Me Sweetly" and "Beautiful Day."
Old 10-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #4
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

SCOTT WEILAND! YES! At least *one* Scott in my life is doing something >.> -zips lips-

Nah, but really. I love Vinnie's work and I'm glad he's "got the fire" Awesome. And I'm really looking forward to the new VR.