++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I went to a Scott Stapp concert and wore my Alter Bridge t-shirt

I found this interesting link today: http://www.iwenttoastappconcertandwo...geshirt. com/

I think it's kind of funny.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
The Lithium
USER INFO »
This one is funny too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stappmylesshirt.jpg (85.3 KB, 634 views)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-26-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
But wasn't Scott not doing any conserts? I thought he said so in the beginning at least...
Old 09-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) This one is funny too!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i want one too HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-27-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok that's some funny shit right there.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Robin101
USER INFO »
That's generous of Scott. After all, they need all the publicity they can get!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Sorry I saw AB live and Myles can't compete with Scott vocally, and AB cant even fill the halls up they will be short lived. Scott's cd will sell 3 times Ab! and you can bet on it.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:58 AM   #8
in reality
USER INFO »
I agree, IndigoSteve, I read a review of the TGD single where it said about the rich tone Stapp has on this record.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #9
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) Sorry I saw AB live and Myles can't compete with Scott vocally, and AB cant even fill the halls up they will be short lived. Scott's cd will sell 3 times Ab! and you can bet on it.

Oh, I agree, Stapps voice has always matched the music, and I think that makes a big difference.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #10
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) That's generous of Scott. After all, they need all the publicity they can get!!!

Touche!....hehehe. I ask people what they think of Alter Bridge and they say...Who?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Oh my God! again??!!! I know i said it before but Iam going to repeat it:Pink,Christina, Britney, Ashley, Eminem, Usher are EXTREMELLY famous people all over the world, but we all know they are ... :eek
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) Touche!....hehehe. I ask people what they think of Alter Bridge and they say...Who?

They're still such a new band, so of course not everyone will know them. Did a bunch of people know about Creed before "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open"? No! In order for a band or an artist to be well-known, they have to achieve a certain level of commercial success. And in order to achieve that success, they need to get really good radio airplay. And in order to get good radio airplay, they need to have radio friendly singles. That gives them really good record sales. Commercial success sells records; talent doesn't always. If AB has a huge hit on Pop radio(like Creed did), they'll be well-known like Creed was. But even if AB doesn't achieve Creed's success(and not that many Rock bands do nowadays), that still does not mean that they aren't as talented as Creed was, and that sure as heck doesn't mean Stapp is superior to them. All it means is that they did not achieve the type of commercial success that Creed did.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) Sorry I saw AB live and Myles can't compete with Scott vocally, and AB cant even fill the halls up they will be short lived. Scott's cd will sell 3 times Ab! and you can bet on it.
I'll bet on it! I bet ODR will sell 3 times more than TGD.

And WHAAAT??? Myles voice is way better technically and way better live. Sorry, but Stapp SUCKED throughout almost the whole Wheatered tour. And if you listen to bootlegs Scott almost never hits the high notes at the end of Higher. At least I've never heard him do it. I heard Myles sing Find The Real with a cold and fever and he sure as hell sang the VERY high notes at the end of that song. Myles IS technically a better singer, you have to admit that. But I understand if you like Stapp better.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) Touche!....hehehe. I ask people what they think of Alter Bridge and they say...Who?
When I ask people about AB pretty many know of them. When I talk about Scott though, pretty many go "Who?". And if they do know him it's because they knew Creed. You should try asking them if they've heard of "The Great Divide".

And I agree with Titan. Scott is more of a commercial artis, AB aren't.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think a lot of people have heard of TGD, even those who regularly listen to Rock radio. The song is still pretty young and is just now starting to receive some decent airplay, though I personally have not heard it on my local stations yet(probably because I rarely listen to the radio, even Rock radio). I'd assume that, as we get closer to the release date of the album, we'll probably hear TGD a lot more on the radio. I still stand by my prediction that this album will sell 200,000-400,000 in its first week, which means I think that the single will get good airplay. We'll see, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) They're still such a new band, so of course not everyone will know them. Did a bunch of people know about Creed before "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open"? No! In order for a band or an artist to be well-known, they have to achieve a certain level of commercial success. And in order to achieve that success, they need to get really good radio airplay. And in order to get good radio airplay, they need to have radio friendly singles. That gives them really good record sales. Commercial success sells records; talent doesn't always. If AB has a huge hit on Pop radio(like Creed did), they'll be well-known like Creed was. But even if AB doesn't achieve Creed's success(and not that many Rock bands do nowadays), that still does not mean that they aren't as talented as Creed was, and that sure as heck doesn't mean Stapp is superior to them. All it means is that they did not achieve the type of commercial success that Creed did.

Ditto ...by the way (again) your post says everything...Titan
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too