++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-17-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
DogFingers
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Everyone helping on the bootleg site

Hi everybody

After a discussion with Gade with have decided to let u guys help us decide a name for the site!

now its moving along nice and quickly, mainly thanks to gade, who seems to be working his arse off (round of applause), i have set up a temporary forum for you to post ur ideas onto etc.

i will post the addy on monday.

this thread will run for 3 days ONLY FOR NAME IDEAS PLEASE.

Martin & Gary (gade)
Old 01-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
gade202
USER INFO »
Hey guys!

Just to back up what Martin said, we are leaving the name up to you guys! The new site is going to be a full Creed site, not just a Creed bootleg site. We are sticking to the Creed theme with very nice, rich high quality graphics and a somewhat familiar layout (You'll see what I mean when you look at it ) I am going to try and have a rough copy of the site up by Monday so you guys can take the first test run before we go fully live later in the week.

We would really like to thank you all for your support! To those who offered to help with HTML and web design, we haven't forgotten about you. I will be contacting you in a day or so to show you what we have so far and what your thoughts are. To those with bootlegs and/or videos, please contact Martin with what you have and he will let you know which we don't have yet.

Thanks again!~
Old 01-17-2003, 10:43 PM   #3
Tantraess
USER INFO »
I have a question for you Gade2002. If you don't mind I mean...

Ever since I saw the great quality of the streams that you have on your site, I have been obsessed with trying to do them myself also. I have a Voodoo 3500 TV card in my system and figured it would be a breeze to do these streams since my TV and computer are all in one. Well it was not as easy as I thought it would be. Is there anything you can recommend as far as software or anything else that may make the quality better or the files not quite so big. I did my first stream of the Rocks Most Eligible Bachelors. Don't know if you are interested in that as a bootleg or if you are just stricktly doing concert bootlegs. It is in Avi format so that makes it really big file. If you have any suggestions please email me at [email protected]. I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
wow you guys are wonderful. I cant wait to see this!! It sounds like you are putting alot of work into it. I wish there was something I could do to help. I am not good with stuff like that. All I have are some pics. That is about it!! If you want any let me know!! Thanks guys!!!
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-18-2003, 01:05 PM   #5
gade202
USER INFO »
Anyone have any suggestions for a name?
Old 01-18-2003, 01:13 PM   #6
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I have been trying to think of something, but it's tough. Do you have any ideas that could get us on the right track?
Old 01-18-2003, 03:01 PM   #7
gade202
USER INFO »
The thing that will set the site apart from other Creed sites is that we are going to have a huge collection of Creed bootlegs and videos available for download and completely free. I was thinking last night and I thought of "Creed on Tap" but then I thought that might trigger a lot of unhappy thoughts for Chicago fans, hehe. I am going to try and have an incomplete form of the site up tonight sometime for you guys to check out and maybe get some ideas. But if you have any ideas, please don't hesitate to post em!~
Old 01-18-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Ok, will do! I am sure once we see it, it will be easier. That was a pretty tight name you thought of. I like it.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:37 PM   #9
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Just a note to you guys...

Wind-up doesn't look very lightly on those who offer freely available Creed mp3's on their web site... I had some downloads up long time ago and they sent me an email telling me to take them down...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-18-2003, 08:49 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
yikes
Old 01-18-2003, 09:14 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah Steve is right we don't want another Napster on our hands!!!!! It sounds like a great idea but be careful!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-18-2003, 09:17 PM   #12
gade202
USER INFO »
Well, I read an interview just the other night and Creed was asked about their stance on bootlegs. Their response was that they don't mind as long as no profit is being made. I could see them getting mad if we had there CD's on the site but as for bootlegs, I don't think they will mind...
Old 01-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #13
JenRN
USER INFO »
Do you think you should still find out for sure? I mean I would hate to see all kinds of legal issues happen to you I would think you need to find out for sure with an attorney of your own! Hey I have seen people sued for much more senseless things! Just looking out for ya

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #14
gade202
USER INFO »
If they did have a problem with it, they would most likely just ask me to take them down before taking legal action. Steve, what MP3's did you have up on your site exactly? Just curious to see what they didn't want being downloaded.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #15
gade202
USER INFO »
Ok guys, here it is. The moment you have all been waiting for :P I have setup the mainpage and the news area so that you can get an early look at it. You can check it out right here: http://www.gade202.net/~martin/ (That is the temp URL, once we decide on a name it will change). Let me know what you think. I might try and have an early bootleg section for you guys tomorrow night I'll see how much I can get done tonight. Feedback is very welcome!~