++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-15-2004, 09:49 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I saw them live. I wasn't that impressed . Maybe they were having a bad night, or something. The Foo Fighters opened for them that night, and they were much better.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #32
creedsister
USER INFO »
i know it i,ve caught some great bands some of my faves on bbad nights But Thats Just So Like My Freaking Luck
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #33
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) Bullshit, Nirvana counts.
Here ya go, just a few:
Nirvana
Fine they count and yes they are more.
Smashing Pumpkins
Wtf? No how the hell did they get in there? What have they done?
Metallica
Sure for metal, but they are universally liked
Creed
Ummm no, i can only think of default and nickelback that were infulenced by them
Pearl Jam

No Soundgarden had more appeal so did nirvana

Rage Against the Machine
LOL, RATM wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Peppers breaking out in the 80's, I am a RATM fan btw, and they kick ass but no
Soundgarden
Weren't nearly as the peppers or Nirvana, but try again
Tool
NIN
These bands don't have universal appeal, even though musicans tend to love tool a lot.
No Doubt
lol, No doubt wouldn't be known with out the peppers becoming popular. And i really don't think anybody has been influenced by them.
Alice in Chains
No universal appeal, next

my responses to your reply
Old 12-21-2004, 09:01 PM   #34
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's bullshit that you can't count Nirvana. Please...influence is influence whether the band is done or not...and there are much bigger bands from more than 20 years ago who had a big impact on rock.

Here are some of mine of the top of my head:
Metallica
U2
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Alice In Chains

I am talkin about bands still a round to day. their goes LZ and PF
Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 PM   #35
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) You are truly misguided. RHCP had little influence over Rage. Morello's guitar is light years ahead of Frusciante and Flea combined. NEVER place those two bands on the same loft. They do not belong together. Californication is not the band's best work, let alone anywhere near the top 30 of the last decade. Not even close... top 300, maybe... maybe. But even that's a stretch.

Bands inspired by Alice in Chains/Layne Staley:
Monster Magnet
Candlebox
Kyuss - bassist rivals Flea
Deftones
Creed - on many levels
Velvet Revolver
Foo Fighters
Queens - Nick Oliveri OWNS flea, end of discussion
Fu Manchu
Seven Mary Three

The peppers stirred a bit in the 80s, I'll give you that, but they faded into medicority in the 90s.

Please tell me how those bands are inspired by AIC.

LOL, where are you coming from? the peppers are still out their and kicking, you just don't listen to much alternative. Like i said Californication is considered a badass album, I hate to make refrences to Rollingstone,but even they agree that Californication is good, on the top 500 list of rock albums of all time.

And to say that Ovlieri owns flea is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. I am a bassist and i have covered a QOTSA song, all he does is play f'ing root notes. Have you ever seen Flea play solos? Ever seen him play funk bass lesson that is on Kazza? I doubt you have Olveri is not considered a uper badass except to you, you want some people who agree with me?

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...assguitar.html

There is one example, where is Ovlieri on that list? I don't see em.

Like i said, Rolling stone said them self that Califonication was in the top 500 albums of all time, and again ill have to quote another source
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...albums90s.html

number 31. hmmm i guess i am not the only person that agrees.

And with the RATM example, the guitar playin doesn't sound the same yes, but what about the bass? or what about the drums? What about the rapping? pretty similar to their older stuff.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:12 PM   #36
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I saw them live. I wasn't that impressed . Maybe they were having a bad night, or something. The Foo Fighters opened for them that night, and they were much better.

Yeah it must have been, i ahve dled them and they are pretty badass. And the foo fighters aren't that great IMO.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:14 PM   #37
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Back on subject, the original purpose of this thread was to talk about how they affected the rock scene, the purpose was to talk about the peppers music and what is going on with them. Ill take about the Beatles comment just because i changed my mind, but they are still very influenutal, considering flea made poping and slaping into one popular, But whatever.

I heard they are coming out with their album next year, i can't wait.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Please tell me how those bands are inspired by AIC.

Oh.......my............God........
You obviously haven't listened to them, either that, or you can't hear.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:30 AM   #39
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Dogstar, I think DekWannaBFlea is just a little upset that everyone else here doesn't think that RHCP created funk. A little delusional I think. And a bit defensive because Flea invented that slap-bass things that everyone's doing these days! OMG HE SO DID Bootsy Collins doesn't exist! Lies! That was the fake 1985 when Biff stole the almanac!

And before you go off on me, I play bass too, as does my girl (<3), and of a small scale survey, 100% said that Flea doesn't really impress them and had no impact on chosing bass as an instrument to play (But Mother's Milk was pretty cool). Make of that what you will.

I think RHCP's drumming is unimaginative, and the vocals are average (horrendous live, I've heard). But I still think Fruciante is awesome through and through and he more than makes up for half of the band being mediocre.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:37 AM   #40
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
there is a strong rumour that a new band will feature perry farrell (ex-jane's addiction), john fruscinate and flea (peppers) and jack irons (ex-peppers and pearl jam). if its true it should be very interesting........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-23-2004, 03:10 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Said Eyes! Like I said, they weren't that good live, at least I didn't think so. And hide, if that's true about Farrell and Jack Irons, that indeed would be interesting.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) LOL, Said Eyes! Like I said, they weren't that good live, at least I didn't think so. And hide, if that's true about Farrell and Jack Irons, that indeed would be interesting.

yeah if its true. there is a possiblity considering the addiction are done (again) and irons seems to be getting back into making music and perhaps he can tour again.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 12-23-2004, 11:17 PM   #43
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Please tell me how those bands are inspired by AIC.

refrences to Rollingstone,but even they agree that Californication is good, on the top 500 list of rock albums of all time.

Like i said, Rolling stone said them self that Califonication was in the top 500 albums of all time, and again ill have to quote another source
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...albums90s.html

number 31. hmmm i guess i am not the only person that agrees.

And with the RATM example, the guitar playin doesn't sound the same yes, but what about the bass? or what about the drums? What about the rapping? pretty similar to their older stuff.

Your sheer ignorance is wonderfully and tragically displayed in this post. Alice-in-Chains inspired those bands through vocals, song structure and melody. If you can't hear that, than you don't deserve an opinion on the subject. Rolling Stone is not the paragon of musical critique. If you're looking to Rolling Stone for your musical preferences, I fear for you. Oliveri is incredible, end of discussion. R and Songs for the Deaf are two brilliant albums miles ahead of Californication and By the Way. If you refer to Tom Morello, THE greatest guitar player of the last quarter century as 'the guy in RATM', then you are not worth the time to read your posts, you ignorant slut, Jane.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 12-24-2004, 12:22 AM   #44
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Your sheer ignorance is wonderfully and tragically displayed in this post. Alice-in-Chains inspired those bands through vocals, song structure and melody. If you can't hear that, than you don't deserve an opinion on the subject. Rolling Stone is not the paragon of musical critique. If you're looking to Rolling Stone for your musical preferences, I fear for you. Oliveri is incredible, end of discussion. R and Songs for the Deaf are two brilliant albums miles ahead of Californication and By the Way. If you refer to Tom Morello, THE greatest guitar player of the last quarter century as 'the guy in RATM', then you are not worth the time to read your posts, you ignorant slut, Jane.

is it bad to laugh to someone being called an ignorant slut? lol
take it easy everyone, its getting a little personal.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 01-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #45
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) Dogstar, I think DekWannaBFlea is just a little upset that everyone else here doesn't think that RHCP created funk. A little delusional I think. And a bit defensive because Flea invented that slap-bass things that everyone's doing these days! OMG HE SO DID Bootsy Collins doesn't exist! Lies! That was the fake 1985 when Biff stole the almanac!

And before you go off on me, I play bass too, as does my girl (<3), and of a small scale survey, 100% said that Flea doesn't really impress them and had no impact on chosing bass as an instrument to play (But Mother's Milk was pretty cool). Make of that what you will.

I think RHCP's drumming is unimaginative, and the vocals are average (horrendous live, I've heard). But I still think Fruciante is awesome through and through and he more than makes up for half of the band being mediocre.

Lol, I never said Flea created funk and i never said he created slapping, he just brought funk back in the 80's and put a twist on "Poping" and "Slapping" into something very unique. If you aren't impressed at all with Flea and i don't know what will inmpress you. Have you heard "Higher Ground"?, "Coffee Shop"?, "Naked In The Rain "?, "Soul To Squeeze"?, "Skinny Shorty Man", "Get up and Jump". If you haven't these, you haven't heard the best of Flea ( i could name more).

It is good that other bassists got you into the bass, but you don't realize how much impact Flea has had on the music world. For example, just go to Mxtabs you will see that many people admire Flea a lot. I am not trying to say that Flea is the best or that he influenced everybody, i am just saying that he has had a big impact.

Chad smith is a pretty dam good drummer i don't know where you are coming from, i have asked several of my drummer friends and they say he is pretty good but certainly not the best. And yes Anthony Keidis voice isn't the best all the time, but most of the time it is pretty good from what i have seen and heard. Fruscinate is awesome ill agree with that. But to say they are medicore is the most ignorant thing to say, i could bring up several lists that disagree with you, he is an example of this:
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_inst.html

OMG they are at 48, the must be really medicore! Give me a break.
ill bring up another list if needed.