++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 02:41 PM   #31
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alright people, I'll be honest. I do believe that the band is broken up. I have been thinking this for a while. I got really angry and knew they were going to break up because they didn't add Brett Hestla to the band. Just to add more fuel to the fire, they announced on November 18 about the solo projects and the compilation which only will include material already recorded.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 04-13-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:30 PM   #32
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Gee, this turned around. Y'know, I'm going to beleive Scott for now. That is the only info I am willing to rely on right now. No, I don't want to see the end, and as far as I am concerned, I haven't seen it yet. We all have our beleifs, and hopefully all of you who are just saying, hey, they are gone, no more Creed, well, I can't wait until the day until I can smash this in your face, and enjoy it. I'll wait for THAT day to come instead of waiting for the day where there is official bad news. I hope you guys will understand my way of thought, but if you don't, just don't make me mad, because I'll mostlikely snap at you, if you made me mad enough, I might even snap on purpose. (Not to be rude..............right now anyway)
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp

Last edited by Creed_Defaultgirl : 04-13-2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:35 PM   #33
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
No shit, "Creed members are doing a solo album" What are you supposed to think when you read that? They are all going to have a splendid wonderful joyus holiday in the Bahamas?

I do agree with you though Trees of Wisdom, sorry if that sounded harsh, but I am also frustrated with all of the unanswered questions there are lurking around. It's not fair that we are sitting here on the edge of our seats, the fans, wondering what is going on with Creed. I am personally disapointed and frustrated with Creed at the moment because I want to hear something from each and every one of them. Yes, we do have Michael for our information source, and I am very very grateful for that, but I am still very, very frustrated as to why they arent telling us the straight up facts, the real deal
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #34
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) No shit, "Creed members are doing a solo album" What are you supposed to think when you read that? They are all going to have a splendid wonderful joyus holiday in the Bahamas?

I do agree with you though Trees of Wisdom, sorry if that sounded harsh, but I am also frustrated with all of the unanswered questions there are lurking around. It's not fair that we are sitting here on the edge of our seats, the fans, wondering what is going on with Creed. I am personally disapointed and frustrated with Creed at the moment because I want to hear something from each and every one of them. Yes, we do have Michael for our information source, and I am very very grateful for that, but I am still very, very frustrated as to why they arent telling us the straight up facts, the real deal

Once again: the band members haven't told us if they're broken up or not because they probably aren't sure. Mixed emotions, I guess.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #35
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Once again: the band members haven't told us if they're broken up or not because they probably aren't sure. Mixed emotions, I guess.

I"m willing to bet the lable has something to do with that. Which is why, in a public forum, like when Stapp was on Killborn, it gets spun.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:07 AM   #36
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Rumors mean people are still discussing the band, and that is great when your band is having a break cos it means that you will still be remembered. I think all this has worked really well for them. I dont think they have broken up though.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 04-14-2004, 01:55 AM   #37
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, think of it this way. Things with creed have been rough, especially with the way Stapp has been acting. Like the Chicago show perhaps... I saw personally the way stapp was acting, on stage swearing up a storm in state college cuz they were having technical difficulties. It was an all age show and he started dropping the F bomb in front of little kids. Tremonti takes his career very very seriously, and i dont think that he wants to have his image screwed up by some psuedo-jeasus with language that would make a sailor blanch. Look at how involved mark is, hes been all over the place, managing/producing/recording/publicizing. He is loving every minute of it too and you can tell, because everywhere you see him, hes constantly smiling. Look at all the problems scott stapp had in the past 2 years, with the "wreck", the inncident with chicago, and how he has just not been himself in live performances, and anyone can vouch for me when i say that! i think the band is done for the time being, and wind-up is covering it all up until the compilation album comes out. And you never know, maybe stapp will get his head on straight and everyone will live happily ever after. I really think stapp is a kick ass guy, he just has a lot of problems to sort out.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me

Last edited by tremonti4life04 : 04-14-2004 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:00 AM   #38
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, think of it this way. Things with creed have been rough, especially with the way Stapp has been acting. Like the Chicago show perhaps... I saw personally the way stapp was acting, on stage swearing up a storm in state college cuz they were having technical difficulties. It was an all age show and he started dropping the F bomb in front of little kids. Tremonti takes his career very very seriously, and i dont think that he wants to have his image screwed up by some psuedo-jeasus with language that would make a sailor blanch. Look at how involved mark is, hes been all over the place, managing/producing/recording/publicizing. He is loving every minute of it too and you can tell, because everywhere you see him, hes constantly smiling. Look at all the problems scott stapp had in the past 2 years, with the "wreck", the inncident with chicago, and how he has just not been himself in live performances, and anyone can vouch for me when i say that! i think the band is done for the time being, and wind-up is covering it all up until the compilation album comes out. And you never know, maybe stapp will get his head on straight and everyone will live happily ever after. I really think stapp is a kick ass guy, he just has a lot of problems to sort out.

You're right. I have to agree with you on what you have said.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #39
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, think of it this way. Things with creed have been rough, especially with the way Stapp has been acting. Like the Chicago show perhaps... I saw personally the way stapp was acting, on stage swearing up a storm in state college cuz they were having technical difficulties. It was an all age show and he started dropping the F bomb in front of little kids. Tremonti takes his career very very seriously, and i dont think that he wants to have his image screwed up by some psuedo-jeasus with language that would make a sailor blanch. Look at how involved mark is, hes been all over the place, managing/producing/recording/publicizing. He is loving every minute of it too and you can tell, because everywhere you see him, hes constantly smiling. Look at all the problems scott stapp had in the past 2 years, with the "wreck", the inncident with chicago, and how he has just not been himself in live performances, and anyone can vouch for me when i say that! i think the band is done for the time being, and wind-up is covering it all up until the compilation album comes out. And you never know, maybe stapp will get his head on straight and everyone will live happily ever after. I really think stapp is a kick ass guy, he just has a lot of problems to sort out.

I agreed with you till that last line.

I saw Chicago first hand...and have watched PSU a few times (I personally found the swearing comical LOL I just dont' buy the "bad ass" routine..it's funny. I don't buy it from any of em...lol).

I think Stapp's a gifted lyricist, and has a great onstage charisma....but past that, I really have basically no respect left for the guy.

He has a shitload of problems to sort out....not the least of which are a psycho ex-wife and an ego the size of Texas.

around a long time.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:13 AM   #40
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I agreed with you till that last line.

I saw Chicago first hand...and have watched PSU a few times (I personally found the swearing comical LOL I just dont' buy the "bad ass" routine..it's funny. I don't buy it from any of em...lol).

I think Stapp's a gifted lyricist, and has a great onstage charisma....but past that, I really have basically no respect left for the guy.

He has a shitload of problems to sort out....not the least of which are a psycho ex-wife and an ego the size of Texas.

I do agree with you regarding the last line, but I think you should be keeping those comments to yourself.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:16 AM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, think of it this way. Things with creed have been rough, especially with the way Stapp has been acting. Like the Chicago show perhaps... I saw personally the way stapp was acting, on stage swearing up a storm in state college cuz they were having technical difficulties. It was an all age show and he started dropping the F bomb in front of little kids.

Every show they have been doing the last few years has been all ages because they have been in arenas. That's a risk a parent takes by taking a little kid to a show. Rock stars, even Scott Stapp, are known to swear every now and again. Personally, I think all the hoopla about Penn State was overblown. I was there, too. They had a fricken power failure among a bunch of other technical problems, including Mark's amps. I can't blame Scott for getting pissed. It must have been frustrating, knowing how seriously they take their careers...ALL of them do, not just Mark. I've been over this before, but really, that show should not be considered subpar because of the performance; it was all technical troubles. I have a boot of it, and the band did its best to deliver despite the problems. They never gave up, including Scott. And yeah, he got on the crowd (except the pit where I was) for sitting down. The man feeds off crowd energy. With all the delays and problems, people got a little flat. No biggie. I don't blame him for trying to rile everybody up. I

Quote: Tremonti takes his career very very seriously, and i dont think that he wants to have his image screwed up by some psuedo-jeasus with language that would make a sailor blanch.
Oh, give me a break. Rock stars swear, get over it. You can't tell me Mark doesn't swear. *rolls eyes*

Quote: ... and how he has just not been himself in live performances, and anyone can vouch for me when i say that!

Really? He had what, two shows where he wasn't his usual self? Out of more than 100 shows on the Weathered Tour? The only complaints I heard were about PSU (overexaggerated) and Chicago. Enlighten me on the other shows, would you? I saw them four times on that tour, and every show rocked, even PSU. Btw, you couldn't pay me to go back to that shitty venue (Bryce Jordan Center) ever again. It was poorly run, from lining up for GA, the system for getting TO the pit, lack of cooperation from security, to the technical troubles (power failure). Never again.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:18 AM   #42
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Tampa, PSU, Dayton, Spokane, Chicago.

But out of all the shows...that's a damn good average.

around a long time.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:22 AM   #43
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Alright, cursing kicks arse. But having an ego is another thing. I think Scott Stapp wants all of the limelight and people seem to hate him for that.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:23 AM   #44
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Tampa, PSU, Dayton, Spokane, Chicago.

What point are you exactly trying to make?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:25 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Tampa, PSU, Dayton, Spokane, Chicago.

I wasn't asking you, I was asking tremonti4life to back up his or her statement. But since you jumped in, were the problems at the other shows you mention because of vocal troubles, or was he *not himself* as in Chicago? And I'd appreciate it you wouldn't go spouting off about his supposed shitload of problems if you don't have firsthand knowledge of them, i.e, you know him personally, which I suspect you don't.
Closed Thread