++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
timmyslilunicor
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
over rated creed

I attended the creed concert in las vegas last night, 10/4. I didn't care for Cinder too much. But 12 stones and sevendust were awesome. Especially sevendust. The lead singer was very interactive with his fans, unlike someone else. Creed's music part of the concert was great of course. And Mark was as adorable as ever, and friendly. However, I must say I'm very unimpressed with Mr. Stapp. A security guard warned us about how "Scott Stapp is all about Scott Stapp." and that was an understatement. He showed his self righteous attitude immediately. A woman who came all the way from chicago, threw a teddy bear up on stage, Scott picked it up and tossed it back at her. It was thrown back up and with a "I could kill you" look on his face he kicked it at her. What a guy. He wasn"t the least interactive with the crowd and portrayed himself as a "god" who was better than anyone. He refused to make eye contact with anyone in the audience, and I think most "fans" (although we arent' anymore) got the impression that when he would mouth "thank you" or "that was beautiful" that he was referring to himself. Scott needs to step off the pedestal and get a swift kick of reality in his butt. Fans made him who he is, without them he'd be nothing. And thats my impression of him now, being nothing. He's got the money, tell him to get a therapist and learn some compassion. I was planning on donating to the WAWO fund, and now will save my money for something with meaning because obviously its all a front.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:25 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Really sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'd love to hear about anyone else who went to the Vegas show and found the same to be true. When Souldancer and believe come back they'll have to fill us in how how bad it really was.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-05-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's a shame. What a different experience I had in Cincinnati just a month and a half ago. He was awesome with the crowd, touching hands, smiling away and thoroughly enjoying the experience. He got into the crowd singing along and kept putting the mic toward the crowd during several songs.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
timmyslilunicor
USER INFO »
That's a shame. What a different experience I had in Cincinnati just a month and a half ago. He was awesome with the crowd, touching hands, smiling away and thoroughly enjoying the experience. He got into the crowd singing along and kept putting the mic toward the crowd during several songs. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmm... The security guard said he's seen many concerts and never interacted. I couldnt believe the thing with the teddy bear, that was so rude. He held the mic towards the crowd, but refused to touch any hands. and was altogether mean.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm not excusing his being rude or anything, but people shouldn't be throwing stuff on the stage, not in light of 9/11. People are edgy enough.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:10 AM   #6
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Yes, people shouldn't be throwing stuff on stage. At all the concerts I've been to, Stapp, Mark, and Brett move all over the stage. All they need is something in their way that they didn't know and BOOM, flat on their ass with a guitar in hand.

Also, Creed usually has pyros on stage. What if something that is flammable gets thrown near the pyros? That wouldn't be good.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-06-2002, 12:32 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good point, Steve.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:27 AM   #8
timmyslilunicor
USER INFO »
Good point, Steve. >>>>>>>>>>

the only good point is that he's a stuck up jerk, excuses dont change that.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:03 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ah, I'm not in habit of making excuses...You are, indeed, entitled to your opinion.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by timmyslilunicor

He held the mic towards the crowd, but refused to touch any hands. and was altogether mean.

Perhaps the fact that the Phoenix and Bakersfield concerts for 10/5 & 10/6 were postponed because of SCOTT'S UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION had something to do with why Scott wouldn't touch any of the fan's hands. Maybe he didn't want to MAKE ANYONE ELSE SICK!!! And I know I never am in the greatest of moods when I'm sick.

As for the teddy bear, Steve is 100% correct, do they really need a teddy bear catching on fire or tripping them up?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #11
timmyslilunicor
USER INFO »
Perhaps the fact that the Phoenix and Bakersfield concerts for 10/5 & 10/6 were postponed because of SCOTT'S UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION had something to do with why Scott wouldn't touch any of the fan's hands. Maybe he didn't want to MAKE ANYONE ELSE SICK!!! And I know I never am in the greatest of moods when I'm sick.

As for the teddy bear, Steve is 100% correct, do they really need a teddy bear catching on fire or tripping them up? >>>>>

LMAO some people will make any excuses. FYI, the pyrotecnics are near the back, this was way at the front of the stage, and unless he's blind, other than being blind to his faults, he easily saw it. He's a **** and thats all to it. Funny, is he sick at the majority of his concerts? And mind you, he wouldnt be ale to perform if he had an upper respiratory infection. But, conceited men tend to be babies when it comes to illness.

>>> Admin Edit: Watch The Language <<<
Old 10-06-2002, 03:29 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Give me a break. I've had several respiratory infections and believe me, they hit very quickly and you do feel like garbage before they actually hit. The guy is human, not a god.

And another thing. It doesn't matter where the %$#@!@#$# pyrotechnics are on the stage. It's idiotic for anyone to throw anything at the stage. It's disruptive and it can cause a problem, or worse yet, an injury.

I think you're a Creed basher in disguise. I doubt you've ever really liked the group, so why not bugger off, OK?
Old 10-06-2002, 04:32 PM   #13
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I think you're a Creed basher in disguise. I doubt you've ever really liked the group, so why not bugger off, OK?

Yes, definitely a basher who wasn't even at the show.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-06-2002, 04:35 PM   #14
Altair
USER INFO »
Timmy, you've made your point. Join us in the celebration of Creed. We'd like that. You see, we are Creed fans, and you are being no better than the foul character you are trying to make Stapp out as. If you're not a Creed fan, then politely move on. Doesn't that seem reasonable? Afterall, you're not going to change our loyalty, so why seek to cause bad feelings?
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It's no fun to have a bad concert. Perhaps, next time, you might try entering the experience with no expectations of any kind and simply take it for what it is. If Stapp was a jerk, then let it go. You don't have to let other's actions determine your state of mind. Seek and maintain peace.

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 10-06-2002, 07:49 PM   #15
BrandiDeLain
USER INFO »
I just recently attended my first Creed concert (9-24-02 in Dallas, TX) & was lucky enough to be on or near the 1st row all night (depending on how the crowd shifted). I've attended approx. 25 concerts in my lifetime (I'm 31) & have never felt the pure adrenaline rush I experienced @ Creed. I was fully blown away by every aspect of their amazing performance. Most impressive to me & my companion was the amount of interaction between Scott Stapp & the fans. For the entire (almost) 2 hour set, he did everything possible to make the crowd feel like an integral part of the show...including constant smiling at fans, talking directly to fans & encouraging fans to join him in singing. I've never felt so connected to a band during a show. It elevated the entire concert experience for me & I was indeed taken "higher". Anyone who attends a Creed concert & doesn't feel this same way better check their pulse.