++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #31
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Tendonitis is basically an inflamed tendon. See About.com or WebMD.com for more detailed info. You can get tendonitis from repeated, overuse of a tendon/muscle.
i have it as well in my left arm its a bitch but to far from your heart to kill ya thanks for the link all though im not one of those types who reads pamplets about their probleams they are really overated... they would make you sound like ya had something wrong with if ya did,nt i find that rubbing whisky on my arm shoulders helps i rate the album i agree with Face I give It A 10 10 All The Way KICKS ASS
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) I've got an even more reasonable argument. Why would one prefer the whiney vocals of MK over the deep tones of Scott Stapp, something characteristic only of Creed, the band that actually inspired these forums? You guys gave up on Stapp. Bottom line.
aham... now that's an argument. I wouldn't say it's more reasonable than the other coz the previous one wasn't an argument at all...

now it's fine. but just coz you like barithones better it doesn't mean everybody else has to share your opinion. I like barithones better as well, but as Steve said, it's clear (and sad) to hear how much Stapp's voice has deteriorated over the years. You can still notice it in Reach Out, for example.

Stapp never took care of his voice, he never practiced or learned how to sing properly. He used to compensate this with passion but now it's reaching a point that it's not enough anymore. He spent too much time being the jock wanna be, watching tv on the dressing room instead of rehearsing and doing soundchecks when they could write more songs. It led to all of this... imho.

But I do think if he works hard with the right people, he can improve his voice again.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #33
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Yes, I agree with Marcos and Steve...the man's voice is some cracked now. He really sounds very nasal and it's hard for him to hit high notes.

Backing to the source of this thread, my opinion is that TGD is a good album but Stapp can do better. The vocals sounds good only in the slower tracks and the lyrics don't help too much (there are 3 songs that start with "my friend"). Let Me Go and You Will Soar are the wickest songs in my opinion. And come on, he spent all this time to produce his album and give us only 10 songs.

I'm a Stapp fan and I'm a little disapointed with TGD. I hope he can do better on the tour and with the next album. He really need the right people by his side. Anyway, Goneblind did a good job with the music.

I rate it 7.5 of 10.

Peace

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #34
InMyOwnMisery
Banned
USER INFO »
Stapp's voice sounds just as great as it always has! As for "Reach Out", the rawness of his voice is OBVIOUSLY what he was going for in that song. To hear some of you say that he missed a few notes is absurd. The man is a veteran by now in studio recording and if he did miss any notes or his voice cracked too much then he would have been the first person to notice it. He could have easily fixed any mistakes in editing. It's not like he had "one chance" to record it. That fact that he put out "Reach Out" as is, only proves he got what he was going for which was the vocally raw and raspy Kick-A$$ rock song that it is. Perhaps everyone has listened to the "sweet and tender" voice of Myles Kennedy too much. Come back to Stapp,...as FacelessMan stated earlier,.....the grass is DEFINITELY greener on this side.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #35
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by InMyOwnMisery) Stapp's voice sounds just as great as it always has! As for "Reach Out", the rawness of his voice is OBVIOUSLY what he was going for in that song. To hear some of you say that he missed a few notes is absurd. The man is a veteran by now in studio recording and if he did miss any notes or his voice cracked too much then he would have been the first person to notice it. He could have easily fixed any mistakes in editing. It's not like he had "one chance" to record it. That fact that he put out "Reach Out" as is, only proves he got what he was going for which was the vocally raw and raspy Kick-A$$ rock song that it is. Perhaps everyone has listened to the "sweet and tender" voice of Myles Kennedy too much. Come back to Stapp,...as FacelessMan stated earlier,.....the grass is DEFINITELY greener on this side.
Sure... I'll do that after Santa Claus and Easter Bunny have dinner with me for Thanksgiving...
Old 11-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #36
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by InMyOwnMisery) Stapp's voice sounds just as great as it always has! As for "Reach Out", the rawness of his voice is OBVIOUSLY what he was going for in that song. To hear some of you say that he missed a few notes is absurd. The man is a veteran by now in studio recording and if he did miss any notes or his voice cracked too much then he would have been the first person to notice it. He could have easily fixed any mistakes in editing. It's not like he had "one chance" to record it. That fact that he put out "Reach Out" as is, only proves he got what he was going for which was the vocally raw and raspy Kick-A$$ rock song that it is. Perhaps everyone has listened to the "sweet and tender" voice of Myles Kennedy too much. Come back to Stapp,...as FacelessMan stated earlier,.....the grass is DEFINITELY greener on this side.

Hey man, take a listen on MOP, HC and W and you will see...now he is sounding very nasal. He must take some sing lessons. It would be good for him and this is not all bad. Madonna take it when she put Ray of Light nad she starts to sing a lot better.
When age comes singers must take care with their voices. Look to Chris Cornell: stop to smoking and drinking alcool. Now he sounds a lot better.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 11-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think all of this was pretty sarcastic and the lack of a smiley made me think otherwise...
Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #38
InMyOwnMisery
Banned
USER INFO »
"I love Alterbridge.....errr, I mean Falterbridge!"
Old 11-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I'm not debating the differences between Stapp and MK, but if I were to post a clip of a Creed bootleg from 1998 and one from 2002, Stapp doesn't have "deep tones" in his vocals. His voice cracks and it's very harsh. Stapp's voice has gone to hell since the end of the Human Clay tour, and it's well documented in all of the bootlegs that have been released. His voice on the album is all digitized and edited. I'd be very interested in seeing if he can pull off another tour, or if half way through he'll start getting throat problems again. That's the big difference with Stapp. Early in Creed' career, Stapp sounded perfect on the albums AND in concert. However at the end, he sounded like sh!t in concert. All his throat problems deteriorated his voice. I've been a Creed fan since day one, and I've consistantly said this same thing, even back on the Creednet BB. It's the facts and the bottom line.
Word.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #40
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
YES! The grass is greener on the other side... That's our side with MK !

MK is a much better singer both tecnicaly and vocaly. His voice is awsome and I bet it can be raw if he'd like to.

As for the album it's a near 3/10 no more no less! Can't belive you actualy rated it higher then 5/10! It sucks! I won't buy it. There's 3 songs I like Surround me, Sublime and You will soar. The other tracks suck! The harder tracks i don't like... Nope! 3/10 for me! That's it!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heh, I gave it a four out of 10, but I like the harder tracks better .
Old 11-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by InMyOwnMisery) "I love Alterbridge.....errr, I mean Falterbridge!"
May God have mercy on you...
Old 11-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #43
InMyOwnMisery
Banned
USER INFO »
MK is not a rock singer,...he sounds like a high-pitched little girl pop singer. His voice goes with a guitar lick like oil and water.I rate their album a 2-10, 2 for the guitar solos.As for TGD, 10-10. Unlike ODR, it doesn't sound like a Creed record and is original. Goneblind does a great job.Tremonti cannot carry AB alone as the only one with talent. Now that Creed is through I can honestly say w/ no reserve that Flip was always a subpar drummer at best and Brian Marshall is mediocre and just happy that someone gave him a job. With ODR, they falter,...hence...Falterbridge.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #44
metalanus
USER INFO »
I disagree alterbridge is the only time I think flip and mark have gotten to really shine. I always thought creeds music was good but they never seemed to rock out. compared to other drummers flip was subpar but now with songs like metalingus he is up there with most drummers. sometimes I like MK like when he sings "Can you set me free" but he does have a less hard rock voice Scott is a better fit for some of alterbridges songs. Id like to hear mark sing lead vocals some or interchange like alice in chains.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #45
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Yeah! Now Dogstar... And you're the onlyone that gave it below 5/10 besides from me!

WHAT! Are you out of you minds! Myles is a real rockstar! Have you listend to Led Zeppelin? Black Sabbath? Ozzy? Aerosmith? They all sing high pitched! That's the original hard rock! High pitched! Scott is a modern rock artist but he's not a great one, he's got a good voice to listen to but Myles can give you what you want unlike Scott! Thanks to Myles Mark is aloud to freely do what he wants, like solos and not having to compromise with the voice as in creed. It's all thanks to Myles! And as for "Flip" and Brian they're not great but they finaly get a chanse to show us what they can! Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about

*mutters* Myles no rock singer! He's the only rock singer, he was the one getting a cast in the movie Rock Star. And he could sing in that movie too... *mutters*