++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #31
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's funny Stapp siders blame only Mark, instead of Mark, Flip and Brian.

And Mark siders blame Stapp...

anyway, I don't see Mark bashing Stapp on that lines. He's talking about Myles, not making comparissons. He's saying "Myles has x passion" and not "Myles has x passion and Stapp has x-1 passion".

Robyn, thanks for the article. That would be nice.As I said, in the long term (8 years for example) it's possible. I'm not saying it won't happen, I said I don't see it happening so soon. Let's wait.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #32
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shunammite) I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment....
I'm not holding a grudge. However, I think Mark needs to be a bit more careful in what he says. He has said a few things, this one of them, that comes across as derogatory against Scott.

Another remark (and I don't remember the exact wording) was when he said Myles was the best singer in world (or something to that effect).

All of a sudden Scott's voice isn't good enough? It wasn't passionate enough? If it wasn't for Scott's voice, there wouldn't have been a Creed. If it wasn't for Scott Stapp we wouldn't have the wonderful songs that were written. Is all that forgotten already?
Old 07-27-2004, 01:14 PM   #33
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) It's funny Stapp siders blame only Mark, instead of Mark, Flip and Brian.

And Mark siders blame Stapp...
Good point Marcos.

Myself, although I defend Scott, I really don't blame either one of them. It takes two to tango. I think Mark and Scott always get lumped together because they were the songwriters (no disrespect to Flip or Brian).

I just don't like reading some of Mark's comments. That's all.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:38 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I know what you mean. Mark is very honest, straight-talk. I doubt he meant that so he would hurt Scott. It sounds this way when you first read it, but then you realize he's talking about Myles and AB, no memories back to Creed.

This is a poor example, but it's like when you manage a team and you have a star playing for you. Then you hire someone else, different style and then you say you brought the best player out there to replace him while this is injured. But it doesn't mean (you as a manager) would kick the old player out.

I really hate the fact that MTV removed the parts where Mark said many complimentary things about Stapp on that interview.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #35
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I know what you mean. Mark is very honest, straight-talk. I doubt he meant that so he would hurt Scott. It sounds this way when you first read it, but then you realize he's talking about Myles and AB, no memories back to Creed.
I also think that Mark is not used to being interviewed in so much detail. That was always Scott's job when it came to Creed. I mean, you never really heard Mark speak that much in interviews. I think the VH1 Opening Night Live program (where they interviewed them each seperately) was the only time I saw Mark talk so much.

I understand he is talking about AB and Myles. However, Scott was his singer for 10 years and when he says "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion" . What does that statement sound like? Have they forgotten Scott's voice?

But - whatever jmo
Old 07-27-2004, 07:33 PM   #36
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) All of a sudden Scott's voice isn't good enough?
If we consider Mark wanting to make a throwback to 70's rock and metal, then as far as technical ability goes, Scott isn't good enough. Scott isn't good enough for a lot of different types of music, say prog, opera, jazz etc. This isn't to defame Stapp - just pointing out his abilities. When you hear the AB album, you'll tell straight away that Stapp won't be able to sing the way Myles does on the album, and that's the kind of singing Mark is looking for at the moment. Myles singing Creed material would be equally silly - it wouldn't suit his voice too. It all depends on the music - If Mark wanted to make classical music all of a sudden, he'd then get an opera singer.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) It wasn't passionate enough?
It was for Creed, but for AB, a different kind of passion is needed.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) If it wasn't for Scott's voice, there wouldn't have been a Creed. If it wasn't for Scott Stapp we wouldn't have the wonderful songs that were written. Is all that forgotten already?

That's a non-sequitor. Creed's music will have very little to do with AB, other than a semi-ready made fan base, and financial abilities. Creed's music will not have an effect on AB's music. AB is going in a different direction - a direction that focuses far more on musicianship and technicality.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #37
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

sometimes it's easier for a writer creating "hastey history" on a band or entertainer to "pad" it with words already in print...voila...instant bio...most people don't even notice it's been done..and of those that do...well...only a few will question it.

of course this is just an observation...
In this case it's the other way around... this article was placed on the 26th of July and the Bio is already known for about 2 months now... didn't know that the guys of Alter Bridge did some interviews before the official Creed break-up... ...doesn't make sense to me!!!

This writer of this article used some parts of the Bio...

in this case yes, the writer possibly borrowed from the bio..or maybe from the same articles that the bio incorporated that were written earlier about Alter Bridge...all that information in the bio has been printed up in other articles written before the bio was posted at the official site.

so either way...writers are recycling information and each time it's recycled...it seems to change one way or another from it's origional form...
Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 PM   #38
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) writers are recycling information and each time it's recycled...it seems to change one way or another from it's origional form...
It's like playing telephone.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #39
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) in this case yes, the writer possibly borrowed from the bio..or maybe from the same articles that the bio incorporated that were written earlier about Alter Bridge...all that information in the bio has been printed up in other articles written before the bio was posted at the official site.

Well now it's obviously clear that you haven't read the article that I'm talking about. Are we talking about the same article? LOL!...

The writer states: The Mayfield Four opened for Creed on its 1998 tour, and Kennedy made an impression on his future bandmates at that time, according to Alter Bridge's label biography.

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

But if you are still so sure of the "other " articles... I'm very anxious what articles that may be?? Prior to the 4th of June. The only "article" I can think of is the MTV-interview about the break-up maybe???

If anyone knows more about it, I like to know! Clear me up, please!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 07-28-2004, 09:50 AM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) "We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."[/i]

That makes more sense once you got the complete sentence: Among the new vocals they tried/considered, no one could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion.

I hope we all can say "period" now.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:35 AM   #41
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Period

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:17 PM   #42
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
P-p-ppp-period!!!! I did it, I did it! LOL!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 07-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #43
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Robyn, you got mail!