++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My thoughts

It seems to me that Creed is on a downfall. I have seen them live twice this year. Milwaukee, WI on August 10th, and Madison, WI on November 16th. Both shows were amazing, and when I left both shows I knew that Creed was always going to be my favorite band. However, I've been reading recent reviews and I am somewhere disappointed, and I know I'm not alone. I can't believe what Scott is doing. He's going against everything he's ever tried to say in his music. Creed's music has given me a sense of peace through all the hard times. "Whatever life brings, I've been through everything, and now I'm on my knees again...but I know I must go on, although I hurt I must be strong, Because inside I know, many feel this way...".....whatever happened to that feeling Scott?

I am 15 years old, and to be honest, I got drunk last night. I drink probably 2-3 times a week. It's not very heavy, and I have a 3.7 gpa as a freshmen, I have a wonderful girlfriend, and I'm just happy with my life. So, I feel that my drinking, although illegal, is controlled because I'm not really throwing my whole life away.

I, for one, would NEVER get drunk and go on stage just to disappoint my thousands of fans that came to see the best rock show on earth. Or what once was. I pray that Creed can come out of this.

If they don't, I know that Creed has given me something through the 3 albums they have recorded. They have given me a feeling of belonging to something. I don't feel alone when I feel a certain way. I can deal with my emotions better when I listen to Creed songs. I hope Scott can regain that message, and I hope all us Creed fans can give Scott back what he gave us. Hope.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #2
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I just have to reply to that, that was very nicely stated. I understand your feelings, just take it easy on the alcohol. I will not tell you not to do it, because I was once a rebellious person that only cared about myself. My words of wisdom to you are , don't try to grow up to fast and live your life day by day, because before you know it you'll be looking at 40. God Speed
Old 12-30-2002, 04:11 PM   #3
John 3:16
USER INFO »
First, I just want to say that you are 15 and you drink 3 times a week? If you don't have a problem now, you soon will. Please don't do this to yourself. You will only end up destroying your life on down the road. I know way too many alcoholics who started out the same way you are and now there lives are ruined.

Why are you drinking that much to begin with?

It is one thing to experiment, but what you are doing goes beyond that now.

John
Old 12-30-2002, 04:14 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
My heart goes out to you, CreedKevin. It's hard to see people you admire in such a tough spot, but he has pulled himself out of other bad situations before and I have faith he'll be able to do it again. Life is like that sometimes. I know this sounds like a cliche, but in life there are ups and downs. We all go through them at some point. It's how we handle them that defines who we are and how we survive.

Can I impart just a little advice from someone older without sounding too judgmental? I would go easy on the alcohol. Drinking two to three times a week at your age is kind of a lot. I was pretty straightlaced until I got to college, but I did my fair share of partying, and I don't think I did it more than once a week at school. It can sneak up on you. I've seen people I love ruined by alcohol. I just hope it doesn't become a problem for you because you seem like a good kid. And keep those grades up. That's an awesome gpa! You should be very proud! Education is power!
Old 12-30-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Well thanks for all the words of widsom guys, but I guess I should have left the drinking part out. Yea, I should probably cut back a little bit, but I didn't want that to be the focus of my post. I just used it as a comparison type thing, to show that I can still drink and live an otherwise healthy life. I hope Stapp can do the same. He's only human, of course he will drink, but what he's doing right not is ridiculous. He's throwing everything he's created with Creed away, and the worst part is he's doing it right in front of the fan's eyes.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:37 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm glad you shared that, CreedKevin. If nothing else it'll get you thinking about what we said, right ? Anyway, it is hard to watch someone who's in such a bad place. But as I said, I think he will pull himself out of it. Only he can do that.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:53 PM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
CreedKevin, you have a nice thread going. Your honesty and compassion is appreciated. Stay on that track, be aware of your motives and actions, know we all fall and 'with a little help from our friends', we get back up...Know you're strong. So is Scott. Go listen to some Creed, feel those lyrics and know he can overcome this Weathered tour! Like Dogstar said, if anyone can do it - he can. BELIEVE.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:55 PM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
This just breaks my heart! I hope Scott gets it back together, they need such a long break! CreedKevin be safe! That is all I can say to you, as a nurse I see so many youth get into accidents after "just having" 1-2 beers, be careful and remember: IF YOU CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!!!! The nurse Jen here has treated many youth with AIDS and they contracted it one night while drunk!!! Be careful, you have one chance at life!!!! (sorry don't want to freak you out )

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-31-2002, 09:56 PM   #9
franrn
USER INFO »
Well said jenrn 2-3x's aweek. drinking? no no no !!!! Drinking is not the answer. only creates more problems. STOP while your ahead Creedkevin. I'll pray for you too

ROCK ON
Old 12-31-2002, 10:06 PM   #10
upchurchfan
USER INFO »
I just have to say

I just came to this board to say..... I am a fan of Creeds........ been there since the start .......

He is obviously going through rough times as human people do sometimes.

Instead of turning on them and bashing them
I want to say I will stand proud to still be a Creed fan through thick and thin........

Drinking is bad news...no matter what age.......

I wish him and the band well and hope he will see what has happened and have the courage to try to fix his problems and work through them........
Old 12-31-2002, 10:35 PM   #11
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
CreedKevin....u seem like a cool cat lol well kid but yea ok anywho...im 14 myself..and ill have an occasional drink..not a lot... probly bc my uncle was an alcoholic and he had soo much going for him...he was totally into body building and won several important titles in his life time...Mr USA , Mr Teen USA, Mr America in his division, Mr California, Mr East Coast a lot of great titles...and was on about 5 magazine covers...sadly enough...i was just at his funeral this past saturday...broke my heart.. id just hate to see you go down the wrong road.. so on a bit lighter note..

well...not really..

i liked ur post on the whole Stapp topic..its sad .. he seemed SOO happy and everything when i saw them August 3rd...i just cant beleive it..tought times i guess..

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 01-01-2003, 02:17 AM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: I just have to say

Quote: Originally posted by upchurchfan
I just came to this board to say..... I am a fan of Creeds........ been there since the start .......

He is obviously going through rough times as human people do sometimes.
Instead of turning on them and bashing them  
I want to say I will stand proud to still be a Creed fan through thick and thin........
I wish him and the band well and hope he will see what has happened and have the courage to try to fix his problems and work through them........
Thank you for posting that. That sums up all of our feelings and we need more positive posting right about now. Welcome to the bb, please stay awhile!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 11:29 AM   #13
upchurchfan
USER INFO »
Thanks Teri

For making me feel welcome.....

I was just so upset when I saw people attacking Scott I had to voice an opinion.......I just read Creed board and I usually post on ather band board..... Puddle of Mudd......

But.......

I felt like he is a human being and people made fun of him at the lowest part of his life and he just needs support and help.......
I know I am just only one person but I wanted people to know Creed has fans that will back them even if they do dumb things that everyone as normal people have done in our lives...........

Creed has a special place in my heart that noone can ever take away..... They have very powerful lyrics and his voice is just amazing.......one night of being drunk cannot take years of listening away from this fan.......

I was at the BMA awards show for Puddle of Mudd and after I saw Scott .....OMG.... I could not believe how he looked accepting the award,,,,, I thought that day he was in serious need of help ......

I wish posting can help Scott but it cannot only Scott can help Scott...... I really have faith that he will seek help for his problems for his sake as well as his son..........
Creed will not fall as a band ....
I have faith in those guys!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Thanks Teri

Quote: Originally posted by upchurchfan

I felt like he is a human being and people made fun  of him at the lowest part of his life and he just needs support and help.......  
I know I am just only one person but I wanted people to know Creed has fans that will back them even if they do dumb things that everyone as normal people have done in our lives...........

one night of being drunk cannot take years of listening away from this fan.......
Very well said. One night of being drunk certainly shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 05:20 PM   #15
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
agreed

www.evanescence.com - check em out!