++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #1
creedfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New info about Chicago Show

Below is a post I got from Creed Pit. I am not sure if this info is accurate but it sure fits what happened last night..

This is also my first time posting on a chat room board. I needed an outlet to vent my frustrations also. I have been a huge Creed fan for years now. My husband use to like them until "Scott Stapp" and "Creed" became household discussion. I have seen them 8 times this year including Alcatraz. Each show was remarkable. I swore there was never a band as electrifying and mesmerizing as Creed. Their live show was Tops period. This all changed after last night's show in Chicago....

I am embarrassed by the show. I invited my co-worker and her 2 daughters. This was not the show I wanted them to see. I knew within moments of Scott coming on stage that he was drunk. I later found out that that was due to him downing a fifth of JD just one hour prior to the show. The police were wearing riot gear because they were not sure Creed was going to take the stage at all. In my opinion they should not have, they should have cancelled the show. During Bullets and Freedom Fighter Scott could barely walk a straight line. When he did walk on the ramp I thought he might even fall off. During Say I he made strange noises at the end of the song for several minutes. He never addressed the crowd, mentioned he was even in Chicago (may be a good thing as I don't think he really knew where he was at the time)until Higher. During Higher he tried to make some lame excuse that he was full of love earlier and we were not with him until now. Now we were with him and one. Not sure what his intentions were there. When Scott left the stage the first time, after throwing the mic and pulling his earplugs out, he pointed at Brett and said 'you sing'. Shortly after that Mark announced that "apparently Scott has left the stage. I'm not sure what is going on with him, but I will find out". Mark left to boos within the arena. I was too shocked to even do that. The crowd chanted for Mark to sing by exclaiming "You can do it Mark". When Scott reemerged without a shirt and boots it was because he threw up. That is why he left the stage. His people said after he threw up he grabbed another shot of JD. He is becoming just like his idol Jim Morrison. His own people and the police were not sure the band was even coming out for an encore. They were not sure Scott could handle it. I never expected this from Scott and was embarrassed for the band. I pitied Scott that this was his best answer to whatever personal demons he is facing. I hope he gets the help that he needs and can clean-up his act. The person I feel most for is Jagger. I really hope he was not at the show last night. I love Creed and hope this is not the demise of the band. I too will pray for Scott.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #2
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
thankd for the info! i am more worried than ever now. get better scott.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
souldancer
USER INFO »
Re: New info about Chicago Show

Glad the boards can be a place to vent frustrations...let's be patient and not let our emotions and rumours carry us away. Appreciate your still standing strong with the rest of us dedicated fans. Who of us hasn't had a day/night we would like to erase? Sorry for your bad experience and glad you won't let that mask everything else you feel about the band. Hang in and rock on!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
creedfan
USER INFO »
No way one bad night could ever take away what these guys have done in the music scene the past 6 years! Everyone has their ups and downs its just a part of life. I always have respect for Stapp regardless of what direction he goes.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:34 PM   #5
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
this one experience will not tarnish my image for the band. they are my favorite band, and although i am a disgusted with last nights performance, i will get over it eventually. its just kind of hard to believe it actually happened.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:40 PM   #6
creedfan
USER INFO »
I agree. I am more shocked than anything. Stapp was the last person I thought would fall apart to be honest. He was always the bands leader, their spokesman. Thats why the performance last night was so shocking.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:55 PM   #7
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Hey this might be a dumb question....but I kno nuthin about alcohol....my parents don't drink and I don't really kno ne one that does....um......WHAT"S JD?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-30-2002, 02:56 PM   #8
creedfan
USER INFO »
Jack Daniels....a very strong whiskey
Old 12-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
oh ok....thanx....are you following me?...(you just replied after me at that other thread...)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #10
John 3:16
USER INFO »
First of all, Scott did not throw up and that is not why his shirt was off. Yes, he apparently was drunk and he obviously is having problems. His shirt and shoes were off because he thought the concert was over in his inebriated state. Mark went off to get him and told him to get back on stage that the concert was not over. Scott apologized and got back on stage without his shirt or shoes.

The man needs our prayers not our condemnation. He is not doing well and is in a very dark place. while the other guys are disturbed and upset with his behavior, they are even more concerned for his welfare.

John
Old 12-30-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
creedfan
USER INFO »
Thanks for setting that straight, again what I posted was just an excerpt from another site.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:18 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree, Johh, he definitely is in a dark place and needs our prayers. He's got mine.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:19 PM   #13
creedfan
USER INFO »
I prayed for him last night after the show before I went to bed, honest to God.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:22 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I work nights and when I came home I couldn't wait to see what everybody had to say about the show.It was 3 a.m. and when I did read them, my heart sank and I immediately prayed for him and the band.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:58 PM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I couldn't agree with you more John 3:16 and Dogstar. He and the band need our support and love more than ever. I feel really saddened by all this news. When I read about all this earlier today, I immediately said a prayer for him, the rest of the band and his family. I think it's a sign that he's really hurting and I hope their time off will give him a chance to heal because we true Creed fans know this is not his typical behavior. I've had a heavy heart all day but I will always support him and the band because they've brought so much to my own life through their awesome talent.

Relearn Love