++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-27-2006, 06:07 AM   #1066
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 27th

"No temptation is too great." (a compilation from a recent discussion)

We don't know a lot about the forty days Jesus spent in the desert before His temptation. We know it was a time of fasting and probably of prayer. When the devil came to Him, the conquering words of Scripture were quick on Jesus' tongue, so it may have been a time of meditation, a time of special communion with his Father.

This song draws the comparison between Jesus' forty days in the desert and the forty days of Lent. Traditionally, the Lenten season is a time of fasting. People "give up" something for Lent. The idea is not to punish ourselves, but to put aside something that may distract us from our communion with God. It is a time for special devotion to God, a time when He may "abide with us" in a special way. Lent is a time to refocus on our relationship with Christ.

Lord, who throughout these forty days
For us didst fast and pray,
Teach us with Thee to mourn our sins,
And close by Thee to stay.

As Thou with Satan didst contend
And didst the victory win,
O give us strength in Thee to fight
In Thee to conquer sin.
Lenten Hymn (v1,2), CLAUDIA FRANCES HERNAMAN ( 1838-98 )

Immediately the Holy Spirit compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness. He was there for forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.

Mark 1:12-13

When you flee temptation, leave no forwarding address.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 02-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #1067
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Great Message Hev Pslam 88 .. For christ the fort days and forty nights in the wilderness is something that all his children will face as they wallk with him so its written for Example
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 02-28-2006, 06:03 AM   #1068
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) Great Message Hev Pslam 88 .. For christ the fort days and forty nights in the wilderness is something that all his children will face as they wallk with him so its written for Example

Indeed!!!

Heaven

Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #1069
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 28th

"Are we really trusting in God?"

Interestingly, this proverb expects that dangerous situations will arise in our lives. If these situations are indeed inevitable, then we should plan a course of action. For some people taking action means devising endless preventative measures. Still others feel that taking precautions implies that they are not living in faith. Neither of these solutions displays a balanced trust in God.

We must examine where our confidence lies. Are we really trusting in God? Trusting does not mean that we should purposely step into pitfalls. If we see ourselves heading for danger, we can take precautions to avoid the situation. We lack faith when we feel that we alone possess the strength to conquer any temptation. Humbly anticipating our weaknesses will allow us to bypass harsh consequences.

A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Proverbs 22:3

Without temptation no sin would be committed; and without temptation no holiness could be attained. The human wrecks that seem beyond all capacity of repair and refitting, and victorious athletes of righteousness whom their fellowmen adore, are alike the products of temptation.

James Hastings

Heaven

Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #1070
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

im speachless Hev that was a Remarkble message walking on our salvations path THE ONE THING There Is Many Test And Many Trials will come but with in those boundries of our salvation and what we our going through and the wise can see and feel danger come, thats why we whatch as well as pray WE MUST TRUST IN GOD AT ALL TIMES and thats a hard thing to do but if you wait and you steadfast with him in times of failure un worthyness and sin sometimes sin and temptation needs no address it will find you anyway AMEN YOU MUST STAY WITH GOD, PSLAM 51, HAVE MERCY upon me O God Acording to thy Loving kindness acording unto your tender mercies and kindness Please Oh Lord My God Blot Out My Transgressions wash me throughly from mine sins FOR I ACKNOWLEGE MY TRANSGRESSIONS and sins IS EVER BEFORE ME LORD We Also have A Strong Peace And a Strong path in our soul that if we breathe the breath of life we can feel it move as we suffer trials and preservernce Christ Words, WHERE i,am im with you always ROMANS, 8 10.16 And If Christ be in you the body is dead because of sin but THE SPIRT IS LIFE because of rightteousness and truth as it flows but if the spirt of him that raised you up from the dead SHALL ALSO QUICKEN your mortal bodies BY HIS SPIRT THAT DWELLS IN YOU, therefore we pay no debt to man or the ways of flesh we pay all our debts TO GOD and follow his spirt and his truth , lets go on down to verse 16 THE SPIRT ITSELF BEARETH WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRT THAT WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #1071
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 1st

"The buddy system."

Daniel, his friends, and many other young Hebrews has been carried off into captivity far from their culture, their temple, and their faith traditions. Suddenly exposed to the decadence of the king's table, most of them abandoned their commitment to purity and consumed the forbidden fare. But Daniel and his friends had already made a commitment to remain pure, and they had each other for accountability. We are more successful at resisting temptation when we have prepared for it. Determine ahead of time how you will respond in certain situations. And bolster your own resolve by sharing your commitment with another person.

But Daniel made up his mind not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the kind. He asked the chief official for permission to eat other things instead. Now God had given the chief official great respect for Daniel. But he was alarmed by Daniel's suggestion.… "If you become pale and thin… I am afraid the king will have me beheaded for neglecting my duties.… "Test us for ten days on a diet of vegetables and water," Daniel said.… So the attendant agreed to Daniel's suggestion… At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king.… God gave these four young men an unusual aptitude for learning the literature and science of the time. And God gave Daniel special ability in understanding the meanings of visions and dreams.

Daniel 1:8-17

It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Heaven

Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #1072
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Daniel Gives Thanks To God!!!

AMEN AND AMEN Dan 2.20 23 Blessed Be The Name Of GOD For EVER AND EVER, FOR WISDOM AND MIGHT ARE HIS and Changeth The times And The Seasons He Removes Kings and set up kings He Giveth Wisdom unto the wise and knowlege to theme that know Love and understanding He Revealeth THE Deep And Secret Things He knows whats in the Darkness And The Light dwelleth with him I THANK THEE AND PRAISE THEE O THOU GOD OF MY FATHERS who has given me wisdom and might and has made known unto me now what We Desired Of Thee Awsome message HEV I Love Reading Daniel HE Showed Us A Great Example Of Faith And Knowing Our God Was A God Of The Deep I Believe The One Thing Daniel knew in those days, Com From COL Ch.1 verse 16. For By Him Were All Things created that are in heaven and that are in earth visble and invisble whether they be thrones or dominions or princcipalities Or Powers ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM, Even God Made The Day Of Evil, And NO OTHER POWER Has Any Controle Over Any Other Power THAN GOD HIMSELF Daniel Had Faith In A Power That He Knew WAS ABOVE Everything he ever knew or saw and Daniel knew he was speciale To God And Everything He Belived in and faught for and stood for when the world said it aint so He Held on to that knowlege And Wisdom Daniel Had A passion For The Deepness Of God and that was his Love Pslam 93, verse 4 THE LORD on high is mighter than the noise of many waters yea than the mighty waves of the sea thy testimonies are sure holiness becometh thinhe house O lord for Ever
Old 03-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #1073
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 2nd

"What can truly fulfill and sustain us?"

Maybe the best way to answer that question is by asking another: What can we keep when our bodies are placed silently in their graves at death? Only our relationship with God and his people last beyond the grave. If he is what lasts, then how can we displace him for anything that doesn't?

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:25-26

When you are tired and discouraged from a bad day...
God knows how hard you have tried.

When you're so sad and cried ...
God has counted your tears.

When you're waiting for the bus, but you dont want to go to school ...
God is waiting with you.

When you are lonely and your friends are too busy to play...
God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn...
God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused...
God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter ...
God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for...
God has blessed you.

When something wonderful happens and you are filled with happiness...
God has smiled upon you.

When you have a dream to follow...
God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing...

God Knows!!!

Unknown

Heaven

Old 03-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #1074
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord

A Beautiful Message Hev, AMEN WE SERVE A GOD WHOS PROMISE HE SHALL TURN FROM HIS CHILDREN, Pslalm, 132 THE LORD hath Sworn In Truth unto david he will not turn from it of the fruit of thy body will i set upon my throne if thy children will keep my covenant and my Testimony that i shall teach thy ways For The Lord Hath Chosen He Hath Desired it for his habatation My Promise To My Children Is My Rest Forever Here Will I dwell For i have desired it i will Abundantly bless her provisons i will satisfy her poor with bread i will also cloth her priest with salvation and her saints shall shout aloud for joy there will i make the horn of David To Bud I Have Ordained A Lamp for mine aninted His Enemies will, i clothe with shame but upon himself shall his crown flourish, O God Thou Art My God Early will i seek thee my soul thirsty for thee in a dry land to see thy power and thy Glory have i seen in the sanctuary because thy lovingindness is better than life to mine lips shall praise thee thus will i bless thee while i live i will lift up mine hands in thy name my soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips Oh Lord when i Remebear thee upon my Bed I Love You Lord and meditate on thee in the night whatches Because Thou Has Been My Help therfore i shall rejoice in the shadow of thy wings My soul followeth hard after thee thy right hand upholdeth me.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #1075
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 3rd

"Sheep."

On their own, sheep will starve. They do not have enough sense to move on to greener pastures when their own is stripped of foliage. They will wander off into traps, standing helplessly while predators stalk them. Of all God's creatures, few are more helpless that sheep.

It is interesting that God calls us His sheep. We so often think that we have complete control over our lives, and yet we really are helpless. We need to admit our weaknesses. When we admit weakness, that is our strength, because then we understand our need for God. God will protect us, provide for us, guide us from place to place, and never leave us alone. He truly is the Good Shepherd; the best shepherd we could ever hope to find. We need a shepherd. Thank goodness we have the finest.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalm 23:1

Man’s basic need is God’s life, and this need is met only through regeneration.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 03-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #1076
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
praise the lord for upholding his own

he knoweth his own and his own knows him, as we learn the ways to greener pastures, his hand in mine AMEN, pslam 69 SAVE ME O GOD, For The Waters are come in unto my soul i sink deep mire where there is no standing the hell and the high water i,am come in to the deep waters where the floods over flow me, PRAISE GOD FOR HE IS THE ROCK I,am I Said Unto Thee I,am Weary Of My Crying My throat Is Dried Mine Eyes Fail While I WAIT Up On God, They That Hate Me Without Cause And God Knows Just How It Feels To Be hated they hate me without a cause are more than the hairs on my head, and everyone of theirs HAS THE LORD THY GOD COUNTED, Amen they they would destory me being mine enemies wrongfuly are mighty then i resotred , O God Thou Knowest My Foolishness And Of Course My Sins Are Not Hid From Thee O Lord Let Not Theme That Wait On Thee O Lord Oh God Of Hosts Be ashamed For My Sake Let Not Those That Seek Thee Be Confounded For My Sake, I,am Become A stranger unto my brethren And An Alien Unto My Mothers Children For The Zeal Of Thine House, when i wept and chastend my soul with fasting that was my reproach i made sackcloth also my garment and i became a proverb to theme they that sit in the gate speak against me and i was the song of drunkards, Proverbs 19.18.21 Chasten thy son while there is hope and let not thy soul spare for his crying a man of great wrath shall be punishment for if thou deliver him yet thou must do it again Hear Counsel And Receive instruction that thou mayest be wise in thy latter day Dan 10.12 Fear Not For From The First Day that thou didst set thine heart to understand and to chasten thyself before thy God thy words were heared and I am come for thy words, Now I,am come to make thee understand.. Pslam 10.12 ARISE O Lord Lift Up Thine Hand Forget Not The Humble THE Lord Is King For Ever And Ever The Heathren Are Perished Out Of His Hand Lord Thou Hast Heared The Desire Of The Humble Thou Wilt Cause Thine Ear To Hear , THE LORD IS FAITHFULL GOD AND THE GOD WHO UNDERSTANDS, HE Is The Overcomer Of All Things,
Old 03-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #1077
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 4th

"Never alone."

What a promise. As Psalm 139 emphasizes later, Joshua hears first hand. God will go with him, and us, through all the seasons of life, through all our ups and downs, through temptations and triumphs, even through death. So we can take courage and feel his strength. We are not alone!

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

God's got your back!

Liz Huff

Heaven

Old 03-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #1078
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Life In The Spirt

the more closer you become to GOD the more ones spirt will overcome more of our bodys made of flesh and blood, within this salvations walk we must remembear whos in CONTROL in times of weakness And Intimes Of Streneth And Courage And Death And Chains And Strong Holds And Fasting We Will Face Many Boundries To And Fro To Keep The Truth And THE LOVE OF GOD WITHIN Our Hearts And At Times Thats A Hard Thing To Do AMEN, But Can We Remind Ourselfs For GOD TO SEARCH US When We Our Faced With Hatred WE Can Leave It To God FOR THE LORD SAITH, Unto His Children For I Only Despieth That Which You Despise We Must Remind Ourselfs That How Strong Or How Weak We Our Or How Much We Have Been Trialed Our FAITH Is More Presious Than Gold And Silver The Overcomer Dwells Within Us, And We Our Flesh Cant Deal With It The Coming And Goings ETERNAL GOD AND MORTAL MAN, If He Dwells In Us At All Times He Is Working Day And Night To Love All And To Love And Reasure That Which Is His psalm 90. LORD THOU Hast Been Our Dwelling Place In All Genrations Before The Mountains were brought forth or ever thou had formed the earth and the world everlasting to everlasting Thou Art God thou turns man unto destruction and says return unto me, For A Thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past and as whatch in the night thou carriest away theme as with a flood they are as a sleep in the morning they are like grass whicheth groweth up in the morning flourish and grow up in the evening it is cut down and withereth for we are consumed by thy anger and by thy wrath we are troubled , thou hast set our iniquities before thee our secret sins in the light of thy countence for all our days are passed away in thy wrath we spend our years as a tale that is old and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years yet is their strength labour and sorrow for it is soon cut off and we fly away who knoweth the power of thine anger even acording to thy fear so is thy wrath so teach us to number our days that WE, may apply our hearts unto wisdom Return O Lord O Satisfy us early with thy mercy that we may rejoice and be glad in our days Make Us Glad Acording to the days wherin thou hast afficted us and the years wherin we have seen evil Let Thy Work appear unto thy serveants and thy Gloryunto their children And Let The Beauty Of The Lord OUR GOD BE UPON US AND Establish Thou The Work Of Our Hands upon us Yea The Work Of Our Hands Establish Thou It , And As The Ways Of God Burns within Us, We Know THE FRUIT OF SPIRT, Comes By ,Love Peace Joy Longsuffering Gentleness goodness faith meekness tempernance against such there is no Law, and they that are christs have crucified the flesh , if we live in the spirt let us walk in spirt let us nor be desirous of vain glory provoking one another IF A Man Be overtaken In a fault ye which our spirtual restore such an one in SPIRT Of Meekness Considering thyself lest thou also be tempted Bear ye one anothers burdens and so fufil the Law Of Christ , Gal 5.22.25.6.1
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #1079
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 5th

"Your Spiritual creativity needs to flow."

Why does an artist paint, a musician play, or an author write? Because they are overflowing with ideas and must express them. Creativity is the overflow of a full heart and mind. But sometimes we're empty, or full of the wrong material. How can we be full of the beauty that will spill out in wonderful visions, sounds, words and movements? Take time to know God, the author of all creativity. Take time to soak up all that is beautiful. Take time to think. As your inner wells fill up, you can be sure that the creativity will soon be flowing out of your life in productive ways.

My heart overflows with a beautiful thought! I will recite a lovely poem to the king, for my tongue is like the pen of a skillful poet.

Psalm 45:1

When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.

Isak Dinesen

Heaven

Old 03-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #1080
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 6th

"Sunsets and chromosomes."

A student stood on the crest of a hill silently admiring the sunset. As the colors came to a brilliant crescendo, he suddenly shouted, "Way to go, God. Fantastic!" Then he raised his hand in praise to the Creator.

Dr. Carl Sagan marveled that a single human chromosome contains 20 billion bits of information. This corresponds to four thousand 500-page books... and that's only one chromosome! Yet Dr. Sagan never professed any belief in God.

When it comes to praising God for his incredible work in creation, some of us are more like Dr. Sagan than the student. We are quick to condemn those who deny that God created the universe, yet we, too, often forget to praise him for all that he has made. We praise God for salvation but forget to praise him for creation. Whether we look at the grandeur of the heavens or the intricacies of a chromosome, we should stand in awe of our Creator.

Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies, or the moon walking down its silver pathway, and been secretly enticed to worship them? If so, I should be punished by the judges, for it would mean I had denied the God of heaven.

Job 31:26-28

We understand the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Hebrews 11:3

The unwearied sun, from day to day
Does His Creator's power display,
And publishes to every land
The work of an Almighty hand.

Joseph Addison

Heaven