++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #976
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

December 27th

"Praise."

Praise must not come just from our lips. Praise must emanate from deep within our soul, recognizing all the great blessings God has given us. While God is worthy of praise because he his holy and majestic and mighty, we have even greater reasons to praise him. He has been so very gracious to us!

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.

Psalm 103:1-3

Thank you, dear God
For all You have given me,
For all You have taken away from me,
For all You have left me.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 12-28-2005, 06:42 AM   #977
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 28th

"The Calm in the storm."

The peace that the Holy Spirit produces within us is supernatural tranquility of soul. Storms can be raging all about us, but within us is the calm assurance that God has already saved us from our worst predicament; sin and death.

The Spirit-filled Christian is peaceful because he or she knows the perfect love that drives away fear ( 1 John 4:18 ). Ask God to give you his peace in the midst of the storms you are experiencing.

When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us... peace.

Galatians 5:22

No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.

George Jean Nathan

Heaven

Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 AM   #978
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 29th

"Peace in relationships."

Maintaining peace in any relationship is very difficult. Each one of us is a unique individual who interprets and views things differently. Whether in relationships in the church, among family and friends, or in our marriages, conflict is natural. When conflict comes, we need to follow Christ's example by showing love and forgiveness in difficult situations. God loved us when we were still sinners in rebellion against him ( Romans 5:9 ). We need to show that same type of love to others by being kind, merciful, and patient.

Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must take allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace.

Colossians 3:12-15

Do you long for peace in your relationship? Ask Jesus to point out times when you have not been forgiving, areas where you need to be patient, and ways you can express genuine love to each other. That is how we have peace in our relationships—when we look for ways to love and forgive each other.

Jon Farrar

Heaven

Old 12-30-2005, 06:38 AM   #979
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 30th

"The Ultimate Navigator."

If you were navigating in strange waters or tracking through the wilderness, you would feel at peace with a competent navigator. As we move through spiritual territory that's frightening, new to us, or full of trouble, what a comfort and support to have the Lord God, creator of peace, walking with us.

He knows the way!

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give you isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.

John 14:27

His peace of mind came not from building on the future but from resting in what he called "the holy Present."

C.S. Lewis

Heaven

Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 AM   #980
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 31st

"Resolution time!"

Sometimes we feel the sins of the flesh are too hard to conquer. Paul summed it up well by crying out, "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" ( Romans 7:24 ). His spiritual battle might have left him in despair if he had not found the solution. Following his agonizing question, he declared with triumph, "I thank God— through Jesus Christ our Lord!" ( v.25 ).

Are you struggling to break some stubborn habit? Like Paul, you can be an overcomer. If you know the Lord Jesus as your Savior, victory is possible through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

New Year's Eve, where auld acquaintance be forgot. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive.

Jay Leno

Have a safe and Happy New Years gang!!!

Heaven

Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #981
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

New Year's Day 2006

"Let's journey forward."

This is what the Lord says, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

Isaiah 43:16 and 18-19

He gives us new years and new challenges, and he helps us to grow and learn. As we begin the new year, we can enter it confident that God goes forth with us.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 150:6

New Year's Day is every man's birthday.

Charles Lamb

Heaven

Old 01-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #982
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 2nd

"You can start here and go anywhere."

God knows you by name and is in control of every aspect of your life. If you will simply give Him your past, and trust Him with today and tomorrow, you can live every day excited and enthusiastic through Him. No matter how inadequate you may feel, God can take your life and use it for His glory every day.

4.Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation.

5.Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:4,5

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.

George MacDonald

Heaven

Old 01-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #983
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

beautiful message hev TRUST Is A Rock and a foundation it the rock that GOD has Placed us On Trust is born of Love, Faith Was Born Of Love, And Everything That God Holds Even To The Trees that speak and praise the lord, and some may be never up rooted these are the wise lit trees that choose to praise his name and comfort the wind you can learn a lot from a tree, 1 Cor 13.6.7 rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoice in truth Beareth All Things believeth all things endureth all things
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 01-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #984
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) December 30th

"The Ultimate Navigator."

If you were navigating in strange waters or tracking through the wilderness, you would feel at peace with a competent navigator. As we move through spiritual territory that's frightening, new to us, or full of trouble, what a comfort and support to have the Lord God, creator of peace, walking with us.

He knows the way!

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give you isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.

John 14:27

His peace of mind came not from building on the future but from resting in what he called "the holy Present."

C.S. Lewis

Heaven

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 AM   #985
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 3rd

"Rescued from rebellion."

Young John Newton called himself an atheist, and his life demonstrated his lack of belief in God. Even the coarsest sailors aboard his slave-trading ship could not stand his filthy speech. He brutalized the male slaves and sexually abused the women, and he prodded other sailors to do the same. The ship's captain finally put him ashore on the coast of Africa, and there he became a servant of slavers.

Finally rescued by another merchant ship, Newton once again fouled the ship with his presence. In a drunken stupor he almost plunged overboard, and the captain wished that he had. Then, amazingly in the midst of a vicious ocean storm in 1748, God touched his heart. Years after his remarkable conversion, Newton commented, "I see no reason why the Lord singled me out for mercy…unless it was to show that with him nothing is impossible."

The fool who had said in his heart that there was no God was now transformed. He became famous throughout England, both as a preacher and a writer of hymns.

Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; no one does good!
…Oh, that salvation would come from Mount Zion to rescue Israel!
For when the Lord restores his people, Jacob will shout with joy, and Israel will rejoice.

Psalm 14:1-7

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

John Newton

Heaven

Old 01-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #986
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Hev you said the magic work SAVING GRACE that knows no boundries to save Loved And Protect And God Is Always Ahead Of Us With His Love And Grace And Truth And Glory Divine, we can be going so fast from where we have been and where we are going and should we go back or move foward and GOD WILL REACH YOU in truth and in spirt if our life is giving and sacrificed FOR GOD , it takes time but he will rest your soul and give you peace and understanding and much Strength The Amount Or Less I know That Sounds Crazy To Think That God We Down Or Strenth As Much As Ups It But With Falling Under His Grace We Dont Move, He Cant Uplift Us In Strength AMEN AND AMEN But You Can Rest Asure HE IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL With His Purpose And His Truth AMEN I PRAISE THE GOD OF ARE INSURANCE AMEN AND AMEN, BLESSED BE THE LORD WHO DAILY LOAD US WITH HIS BENEFITS EVEN THE GOD OF OUR SALVATION HE THAT IS OUR GOD IS THE GOD OF OUR SALVATION, Amen And Unto God The Lord Belong THE ISSUES From Death And Life And The Entire Kit And Kaboodle, Pslam 68.19.20
Old 01-04-2006, 06:13 AM   #987
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 4th

"The end is the beginning..."

In loving memory... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10682163/

Christ is the difference between hope and hopelessness. Our faith in Jesus Christ ought to make a difference in the way we live and in the way we die.

For the believer, death is the end of all pain, loneliness, and sorrow, the end of whatever has made this life less than abundant, and the beginning of unimaginable blessing ( Rev. 21:1-6 ). That prospect enables us to exclaim, "O Death, where is your sting?" ( 1 Cor. 15:55 ).

To Him I trust my soul, my dust,
When flesh and spirit sever;
The Christ we sing has plucked the sting
Away from death forever.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 01-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #988
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

AMEN AND AMEN PRAISE THE LORD, For He is worthy to be praised when we see these tragdeys unfold in the world today by chaos and destruction and sadness all these events are the wars that were spoke of When You See These Things REJOICE , And Be Strong For Those Around You, when the floods come, AMEN, As We The Wonders Of Old Again Taken Place, With God Are Only Refuge, I WILL REMEMBER THE WORKS OF OLD THE LORD SURLEY I WILL REMEMBER THY WONDERS OF OLD, I will Meditate also of all These Things Work Talk And A Doings THY WAY O GOD IS IN THE SANTUARY WHO IS SO GREAT AND WONDERFUL He Can Make Shield Of Refuge Around Us In These Days A God Thats Our God And Told Us Of These Things, THO ARE THE GOD THAT DOES WONDERS, thou hast declared thy strength Among His People , And GODS PEOPLE WORKS TO HELP EACH OTHER, Out in these times, and Beware of the falsehoods that preach death and preach of the beast, and make war with long fancy speaches FOR THEIR YE SHALL FIND NO REFUGE, The Waters Saw Thee They Were Afraid The Depths Also Were Troubled The Clouds Poured Out Water The Skies Sent Out A sound Thine Arrows went abroad the voice of thy thunder was in the heaven the lightings and l lightend the world the earth shook and trembled like da earth quakes The Way Is In The Sea and thy path in great waters, ARE UNKNOWN AMEN, Thou Leddest Thy People Like A Flock By The Hand Of Moses And Aaron GODS GOT AN ARMY OUT THERE OF HIS PEOPLE, unknown all though they may not be preachers Like Voulenters Who Come Together To Help Those In These Times I SAY THE LORD THY GOD IS WITH THEME AMEN AND AMEN,
Old 01-05-2006, 06:15 AM   #989
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 5th

"in·her·i·tance"

n.

1. a.The act of inheriting.

b.Something inherited or to be inherited.

2. Something regarded as a heritage: the cultural inheritance of Rome. See Synonyms at heritage.

3. Biology.

a.The process of genetic transmission of characteristics from parents to offspring.

b.A characteristic so inherited.

c.The sum of characteristics genetically transmitted from parents to offspring.

What will your children inherit? What about your grandchildren? Would you like them to know God's mercy as you have or even more so? What a wonderful inheritance to pass on from generation to generation. If this is what we want for our children, we must help them to reverence the Lord.

Mercy is God's gift to us; reverence is our gift to God. The two work together to leave a legacy of faithfulness to future generations.

His mercy goes on from generation to generation, to all who fear him.

Luke 1:50

In the transmission of human culture, people always attempt to replicate, to pass on to the next generation the skills and values of the parents, but the attempt always fails because cultural transmission is geared to learning, not DNA.

Gregory Bateson

Heaven

Old 01-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #990
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 6th

"Spiritual discernment."

Spiritual discernment develops progressively. The Lord does not simply pour knowledge into our heads; we must daily seek His will and study to understand Him better. To do so, we must regularly spend time in the Word and place ourselves under the Holy Spirit’s teaching.

You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures.You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food.

And a person who is living on milk isn't very far along in the Christian life and doesn't know much about doing what is right.

Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.

Hebrews 5:12-14

Recognizing principles is not enough; we must live out what we learn.

Charles Stanley

Heaven