++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #1621
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Yes!!! I am glad to join you at the fresh break of day, to share this bread and to join you with all the vigor of youth.

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD KEEP IT UP MY BROTHER, AND PEACE BE WITH YA, PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD FOR THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD THY GOD HAS MADE WE SHALL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 04-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #1622
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 22nd

"Fingerprints."

The touch of the Master's hand is all around us. We see it in the order, beauty, and dazzling variety in creation. The great expanse of space with its billions of planets and the incredible world of the microscopic are all testimony to an Orderer of great creativity. God has left his fingerprints all over his world so we can know he is here.

Since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

Heaven

Old 04-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #1623
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
To God Alone Belongs The Glory

Amen Brother David, MEN ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE, AMEN AND AMEN, FOR WITHOUT HIM NOTHING WAS GLORY TO GOD,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 04-22-2007, 01:46 PM   #1624
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Gods Law Is True!!!!

RIGHTEOUS ART THOU O LORD AND UPRIGHT ARE THY JUDGEMENTS, THY TESTIMONIES THAT THOU HAST COMMANDED ARE RIGHTEOUS AND INDEED VERY FAITHFUL, MY ZEAL HATH COUSUMED ME BECAUSE MINE ENEMIES HAVE FORGOTTEN THY WORDS THY WORD IS VERY VERY PURE THEREFORE THY SERVEANT LOVETH IT, I,AM SMALL AND DESPISED IN THIS WORLD YET DO I NOT FORGET THY PRECEPTS THY RIGHTEOUSNESS IS EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESSSSSSSSSS LET THE FIRE COUNSUME ME SWEET JEHOVHA GOD SO I CAN HOLD THOSE PRECEPTS THAT I LOVETH AND THY LAW AND IS TRUTH, ONLY FROM THE GOD OF ISRAEL THE GOD OF ABRAHAM THE GOD OF JACOB, Glory To God Trouble And Anguish Have Taken Hold On Me Yet Thy Commandments Are My Delights THE RIGHTOUSNESS OF THY TESTIMONIES IS EVERLASTING GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING AND I SHALL LIVE, GLORY psalm 119, 137,144,
Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #1625
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 23rd

"Against the wind."

Triumph comes from standing up for your values.

When you do what is truly right, you need to rejoice. God celebrates with us, and He will honor our righteousness. To do right is to affirm who God wants us to be. The peace that comes from doing right is wonderful.

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

Psalm 47:1

Heaven

Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #1626
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 25th

"Is it worth it?"

The top of the corporate ladder is far short of the top of the eternal ladder that God has set before us. What does it profit a man to save his life, if he forfeits his soul? Men and women who have sacrificed themselves totally to earthly gain can carry nothing with them beyond the grave. There they will stand naked to face judgment for a life poorly lived.

Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

Psalm 49:16,17

Heaven

Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #1627
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 26th

"He alone is deserving."

Early Christians suffered terrible persecution, even death, for refusing to bow down to idols. Images of Caesar were prominent throughout the Roman Empire, and all were expected to pay tribute to these graven images. The Christians refused, and so they were thrown into jail, and sometimes they were thrown to wild beasts. God was so important to these early Christians that they could not offer tribute to anyone less worthy.

Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High.

Psalm 50:14

Heaven

Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #1628
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 27th

"None can boast."

God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven

Old 04-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #1629
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 29th

"Slave to freedom."

At age 17, I craved freedom. I dropped out of high school, got kicked out of my house, and began living for myself. Six weeks later, I began to realize how unsatisfied I was. My so-called freedom had made me a slave to desires that were quickly destroying me. The world had lied to me. Power, pleasure, and popularity had not satisfied me. I was empty and alone.

So I turned to God. I desperately needed fixing; who better to turn to than my own personal Creator and Designer? Alone in my Florida apartment, I go on my knees and asked God's forgiveness. I begged him to change me.

Life is quite different now. Things I used to live for don't matter anymore, and I hunger for things I used to run away from. God has not taken away my excitement; he has changed what I get excited about. For the first time in my life, I'm content. God has taught me that only he can satisfy my eternal longing for pleasure and peace.

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Psalm 16:11

Heaven

Old 05-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #1630
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 1st

"Righteousness."

Daniel is told what makes or breaks eternity in the resurrection: righteousness. Loving it, drinking it in, leading others to it, investing in it. Righteousness is the key. The quality of our righteousness on earth has everything to do with the quality of our eternity.

Those who are wise also know that there's a problem. We are inherently unrighteous. An eternity based on earthly righteousness is a devastating predicament for people who are, in their very genetics, infected with corruption. Are there any who can really lead others to righteousness? Will any shine like the brightness of the heavens? Or is the promise empty?

Righteousness is a gift from a holy heaven to an infected race. It comes from outside ourselves, available only through faith in its Giver. Those who are wise will tell others about this gift. Those who want to shine will know the Source of the light and will be completely preoccupied with Him.

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

Daniel 12:3

Heaven

Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #1631
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 2nd

"Confidence before God."

Through the presence of Jesus at the Father's right hand and the intercession of the Holy Spirit, we can have confidence and come boldly before the Creator of the universe and know that he not only hears us, but also cares for us. Wow, what an audience! Oh, and one final thing, he also ACTS on what we ask.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 John 5:14-15

Heaven

Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #1632
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 3rd

"Bend."

Sometimes the key to survival is simply "setting our jaw" and going on faithfully trusting that God is there helping us, despite the outward circumstances. Choosing joy through hope rather than despair, choosing patient endurance in times of affliction, and choosing faithfulness in prayer are all decisions of the will. We trust that God, who raised Jesus from the dead, can also change our circumstances because he hears our voice.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:12

Heaven

Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM   #1633
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 4th

"Guard the inside."

If you're typical, you think of guarding your heart in terms of keeping things out. Corruption, false ideas, temptations all are to be held at arm's length, never to be allowed in the inner depths of your affections. But there's another side to this vigilance. We are to keep things in. In fact, if we can master that, the corruptions and temptations will often take care of themselves.

Think about it: The things that can assail a heart from the outside are innumerable, far too overwhelming to manage. But the things we are told to keep within; the spirit of Jesus, the humility and gentleness, the servanthood and sacrifice, the worship and thankfulness, these are one Spirit. Most religions tell us to avoid the bad; God tells us to embrace Him. We are better equipped to focus on His character than on the enemy's devices. Nowhere are we told to live against the sinful nature and hope that the Spirit will show up. We're told to live by the Spirit and expect the sinful nature to have no power. We often get confused about that.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do.

Proverbs 4:23

Heaven

Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #1634
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 5th

"Prayer."

God wants to hear our prayers, but to keep them from becoming too self-focused, God wants us always to remember to give thanks. It is so easy for us to turn prayer into a request line. We are the ones who are left bereft when thanksgiving and praise are robbed from our prayers.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

Heaven

Old 05-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #1635
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 6th

"Confess your sins and heal."

To confess is to do two things with our sin: 1. To recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes... 2. To get rid of our secrets and be honest with another Christian. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness. It also brings healing.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

James 5:16

Heaven