++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #46
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
I'm not here to defend uncertain,(he doesn't need, ok?) but you have to admit Johnnynips started it when he said Myles is a bad singer and how this guy said it:
Quote: It was about the fans and right now their sticking it up our but with this crap singer.
O f course everyone has the right to think Myles is a bad singer or Stapp is a great singer...you like Stapp better than Myles, Right. It's your opinion...ok, but you don't need to use those words...this is no way of doing being disrespectful with all AB's fans, And as a result provoking a boring and unnecessarily discussion. Or you thought you could just throw up your "impressions" about Myles without an angry answer by his fans? You asked for this...and if the uncertain's answer was rude guy, you deserve it...at the least.
Look, I' m a Creed fan, a Stapp fan, but I'm also a AB fan. And I really try in my posts be respectful with all the members. Even though I disagree with some opinions here this is why they' re different, what no means they're wrong...
You're on a board, so you have to be ready to express your opinion and toughts but also to take the same things from the others members.
Be careful. Don't face it like a fight...

Finishing, if you really prefers Stapp and Creed , try to do it in a respectful way.... okay?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-25-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #47
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) It seemed to me some of ya got yer undies in a bunch because someone else made a comment about Myles that wasn't the usual, he rocks so hard comment LOL. Don't much care for it do ya? LOL

If you say it in a respectful manner...

Quote: And to the person who claimed he signed "Scott Stapp Creed 05"...it actually said "Scott Stapp Creed"
"Solo in 05"

Is it makes difference? Actually you have to agree it's a kinda weird Stapp subscribes Creed after almost a year after the brokeup...Is it really necessary? He is Scott Stapp. I love this guy, But he has to be ready to begin again...without Creed. ok?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-25-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #48
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I think the letter is fake. Stapp wouldnt sign "Creed" under his name still, hes not that damn stupid.

Maybe he isn't ashamed of the fact that he was a member of Creed.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #49
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) There is a difference between saying "he is not my type of singer" and saying "he sucks".

He doesn't suck. That's just a FACT by all known standards of musicianship.

Well if the guy's voice grates on your last nerve you could say he sucks. Go to places like Amazon.com. Look up One Day Remains and read the reviews that the people who bought the album posted. For every two that love the stuff, their is another person who doesn't like it. Either because they think lyrically it isn't that good or that they don't like the singer's voice. I'm not making it up. Go look for yourself.

Just because the guy is technically proficient doesn't mean he's a master. If the voice don't carry any emotion behind it then to some people its just noise. Hittin all the right notes is only part of the artistry. I know people who couldn't stand Guns n Roses because of Axl's voice. Thats the problem with being a tenor. Some you like and some you don't.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #50
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Is it makes difference? Actually you have to agree it's a kinda weird Stapp subscribes Creed after almost a year after the brokeup...Is it really necessary? He is Scott Stapp. I love this guy, But he has to be ready to begin again...without Creed. ok?

I think thats why he adds "Solo in 05". Maybe its just a reflex. You know thats how he signed his autographs for 8 years.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #51
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: Maybe he isn't ashamed of the fact that he was a member of Creed

Exactly partytili'mpurple...

Quote: And nobody can take away my achievements and what I've accomplished, and no one can take away my fans, and all the positivity that they've shown us and given us. And I think a lot of that comes with success, man. You know, anytime anybody's extremely successful and gains fame in the United States or even in the world, they've got 50% of the people that love 'em and 50% of the people that hate 'em. And you can't live your life based on either one. You've just gotta be who you are. If being in Creed wasn't cool, I'll be uncool for the rest of my life
Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 PM   #52
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) I think thats why he adds "Solo in 05". Maybe its just a reflex. You know thats how he signed his autographs for 8 years.

Maybe ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-25-2005, 10:49 PM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) If the voice don't carry any emotion behind it then to some people its just noise. Hittin all the right notes is only part of the artistry.

One word. Summergirl.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 PM   #54
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Isn't that, sorta... ya know, the DEFINITION of a moron? lol

If you say so... it's not like I meant to imply anything!

hahaha LOL!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:19 AM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) One word. Summergirl.
Yup.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #56
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) I think thats why he adds "Solo in 05". Maybe its just a reflex. You know thats how he signed his autographs for 8 years.
that was a joke, right?

I really hope it was...
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #57
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
"'nuff said!"
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #58
titan9
USER INFO »

Lol! Yeah, that note that Myles hits in that song........amazing. He hits some great notes on ODR, but that has to be the best note he's ever hit on an album. Well, that one and "Save Me". Those are the two best, imo.

Back on topic, though. I think the letter is possibly fake. It just seems odd that Stapp would sign Creed on his autograph. Yes, it could be a reflex. But if he had a bit of time to think about what he signed, why would he sign Creed? There's a lot of things that make me think that the letter is real, as is the site, but there are some things that I question. I guess I won't believe the album is coming out in August of 2005 until I see it at my local Best Buy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #59
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) Well if the guy's voice grates on your last nerve you could say he sucks. Go to places like Amazon.com. Look up One Day Remains and read the reviews that the people who bought the album posted. For every two that love the stuff, their is another person who doesn't like it. Either because they think lyrically it isn't that good or that they don't like the singer's voice. I'm not making it up. Go look for yourself.

Just because the guy is technically proficient doesn't mean he's a master. If the voice don't carry any emotion behind it then to some people its just noise. Hittin all the right notes is only part of the artistry. I know people who couldn't stand Guns n Roses because of Axl's voice. Thats the problem with being a tenor. Some you like and some you don't.

There is a huge difference between something not carrying emotion and something be BAD. First, you are correct, whether or not you feel emotional (or you feel HE is carrying emotion) is completely subjective.

But then again, I don't think ANY prog rock carries ANY emtoion but I am not so bull-headed as to say they SUCK.

Also, I find it funny how half of the people who hate AB hate hem because "they sound jsut like Creed and Myles sounds just like Stapp" and the other half hate them because "they sound nothing like Creed and Myles sounds nothing like Stapp".

Kinda ironic.

Anyway, on topic, the letter still looks fake to me. It just doesn't FEEL like something that guy would write... Plus, like someone said: he would not sign Creed in his name. He is not THAT stupid.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #60
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Oh, and completely off-topic, could someone send me Summergirl or at least tell me what album it is on? I have STILL not heard any M4 stuff...