++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 AM   #91
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) However try not to resort in retarted statements such as "alter bridge suck and stapp is 100 times better" kinda stuff.

That's almost what I've been doing
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #92
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH)
That's almost what I've been doing

that's what i was trying to get at, didn't mean to start a fight with ya because i know we have the same view towards most things... it's just we all need to stop this AB vs Stapp thing, if you like one over the other then that's fine but it's not cool to tell people they don't know what they're talking about just because they don't like the same thing as you. There is no way to compare AB and Stapp to determine who is "better", that whole 1.5 times better thing i did was a joke just to show that if you're going to call your opinions facts you better back it up.

i'm an AB freak... but that doesn't mean i'm a stapp hater... i'm an active stapp listener.

sorry if i pissed you off Roffe, i know nagpo started the "my opinion is better than yours" theme in this thread, but i'm glad you realised you fought back at it with the same thing.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #93
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

You see... I didn't say he was an idiot (did I?), maybe I did... Any way... What I meant was that any idiot can hear that AB is more musical than Stapp, you are intiteled to the opinion that Stapp is better, I mean, I love Pink Floyed, but their not that technical, but people have said that they are "simple genius", that doesn't make it less simple... So just couse you're technical doesn't mean that you're fun to listen to... Get my point?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #94
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...vocalists.html

You can see myles on that list but not Stapp, now this isn't a page that do research on how good they sing, they just look at what they have/can acomplish I guess since both Roger Waters and David Guilmour is higher then Myles and so is John Lennon, and they aren't that good vocalists... But according to this page Myles is one of the greatest rock vocalists of all times, not Stapp!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #95
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

and do you know how they come up with these lists??? they're based off the opinions of people who are educated in the field of music... Music is in the arts, it's not a science. you can't compare music quantitatively like you would reaction rates of different chemical processes to determine which one is better... Music is personal and the listener is the one who can choose who they like more.

These "facts" start as opinions.... they're not true "facts".

but that is an interesting list, nice to see Myles being recognized ... Cornell #3 of all time, he's definitely my favorite singer to listen too.

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 01-19-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #96
Creed7352
USER INFO »

actually, i remember voting for myles on that list myself
Old 01-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #97
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Yes, I know that it's very hard to determin who is the better singer, but it's not impossible to do so without mixing the facts with opinions... Not impossible...

some one just needs to do so... When I read music on universal I'll do as my exam a compare of the two just to shut everyone up!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:53 AM   #98
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

all I can say is that if AB wants to sick around they better bring it on their next album (if there is one) because I for one was not impressed with ODR in the slightest the music was so-so and the vocals sucked ass.... MK's voice just doesn't go well with Tremonti's style of playing.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #99
Rawker
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) and the vocals sucked ass.... MK's voice just doesn't go well with Tremonti's style of playing.
Have u ever been to an AB gig, coz if you have and your saying that. then by god u must have been staring at the wall.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #100
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

that is strickly an opinion of your's rawker....

however I will say that thoes retards in the band never even bothered comeing to where I am I mean come on its only the 6th largest area in the country (the SanFrancisco Bay area but no NOTHING so that makes them suck more if you can't even get enough people to see you play here that you don't even bother coming??? I mean what kinda band are you???
Old 01-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #101
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

if i recall correctly AB wasn't getting very good radio play in that area at all (i could be wrong, shitty memory sometimes), so if you're a new band starting out ur not going to want to waste your time going to places where nobody knows who you are and have an end result of bad attendance at shows.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #102
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I for one think that Myles voice realy goes well with Marks way opf playing...
And if they don't get good radioplay, that doesn't make them suck... Many good bands haven't gotten radioplay at all in some areas...
Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #103
Creed7352
USER INFO »

radio today sucks dick. that is all.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #104
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

I'm with you Creed7352! Radio sucks, we have ONE good station here in Sweden... One that plays rock, all other stations play pop and stuff like that!