++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #91
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I know, you're right. I just wish you weren't.

Believe me - I sure wish I wasn't either. I keep dreaming that they are going to make an announcement anyday that it was all a huge misunderstanding. I would like to think that if the rumors were all dead wrong - that the band would be doing some kind of interview announcement or something denying the break up. Especially by now. Again, JMO, but it has gone beyond being "fishy" in my mind - it is pretty clear.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-09-2004, 05:17 PM   #92
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Well ... let's just hope that things will change over time. There is nothing to say that they won't get back together ... even if that is their intent right now.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #93
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Well ... let's just hope that things will change over time. There is nothing to say that they won't get back together ... even if that is their intent right now.

Yep we can always hope -
and there is always the new VH1 show - Band Reunited - if they do break up we can always hope they get hunted by VH1!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-09-2004, 05:35 PM   #94
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I don't think anyone was implying you don't have a right to your opinions. Of course we will not all always agree. If that were the case, this would be a very boring discusion board.

But if you look back at your post that started this, you might see that you came off as sounding like you were the one coming down on some of us because you didn't agree with what we were saying ... pretty much implying that it was ridiculous to analyze his every word and move. And while that may be true, it was not done maliciously or to make fun. We were not passing judgement ... just making observations ... or maybe just looking for positive signs of Scott's current state of mind since there has been so much speculation about him.

Yes ... you were clearly responding to someone else's post, but at the same time, you were somewhat insulting to a few others here.

If you notice in my initial post I was positive, and mentioned the fact that he might be clueless as to the rules because he had never played "texas hold-em poker" before, that I was just glad to see him and that he won some money for his charity. I didn't discuss the sweat on his upper lip, state that I thought he should be embarrassed, or insinuate that he got drunk in the loser's lounge. How can that be considered looking for positive signs of his current state of mind?????? I haven't seen the show yet....but basically, I gave the guy a break...something that so very few people are willing to do anymore. Everyone jumps to speculate about his emotional state.....has anybody ever thought that having every freaking thing about you and your life negatively picked apart, from the way you cut your hair, to your clothes, who you might or might not be dating, your weight, your health, what medications you might be taking, just basically thinking they need to know EVERYTHING about you down to how many times a day you take a dump....is enough to really, really, really bother someone who is a private person, just trying to spend some offtime with his family and have a bit of fun? Ever thought that after a while you get damn tired of being "analyzed"???? Quite frankly, I don't see how he could ever be comfortable dealing with it. And in my opinion he gets an unfair share of it.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:17 PM   #95
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hey Jen... easy! I wasn't saying those things at you... Just random thougts, making some fun of our Stapp...

Jooji, thank you! It means a lot to me!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #96
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) hey Jen... easy! I wasn't saying those things at you... Just random thougts, making some fun of our Stapp...

Jooji, thank you! It means a lot to me!
Just seems to me like you are very "edgey" lately

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #97
Kim V.
USER INFO »
I agree, Jooji. His every move is scrutinized; how can anyone be expected to be "normal" under those conditions? And besides, what is considered normal anyway? And how "normal" are we? Are we all perfect? Do we all have perfect clothes, hair, etc.? Do we always act responsibly in EVERY situation? Or, are we also human, making mistakes, letting our tempers get the best of us sometimes? Like I've stated before, I don't see Scott through rose-colored glasses, but if everyone would put themselves in his shoes for a moment: picture yourself going through all he's gone through, especially in 2002, while trying to tour, and in front of everyone, trying to keep his life (and his son's) and his career together......I think I've made my point......can't everyone just stop analyzing him so much and let the guy live his life? Yes, I like to know all I can about him, but I also try to remember that he's a person, with feelings. Sorry, it's just really starting to get to me, the way everyone picks apart every little thing he does and says, and how he looks.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #98
creedsister
USER INFO »
well said kim now thats what i like to here Peace be whica now
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #99
njcreedite
USER INFO »
You sure the word was "band" not hand?

I used to be in God's hand????
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #100
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) I haven't had the chance to watch it again without little ones present so that kind of listening has been out of the question - I will try later - Next time it airs -- it airs alot - maybe one of us could catch it and turn on the closed captioning????? Also, it is possible he said it was in God's hands - like the odds were in his favor but he lost anyway so it was in GOd's hands??? Just a thought - I will submit my opinion when I get to watch it without distraction.

I'm just going to go with that, Julbright. That would fit in the subject more anyway! Plus, I don't really think Scott would say that on national television if they haven't told us official yet. That just wouldn't make sense, and if they were having problems back then, I don't think they would be so sure about what was happening, or we'd already know official. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I'm going to go with you Julbright. I'm also going to have to catch the show later.
HOOOORAY FOR THE 1ST DAY OF TV !!!!! REAL TV, THAT HAS BRAVO! AND I'LL GET TO WATCH, AND RECORD A RERUN AFTER ALL!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:43 PM   #101
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I have just as much right to voice my thoughts here as you do. No one has to agree with me, but they can at least allow me to voice my opinions. Are people only allowed here if they agree with the rest of you???????

Yes, I know that, and I didn't even say anything about having less rights, or less opinions than you do. Geesh.

And anyone is allowed here, as you can clearly see, not everyone agrees.

Your post said "Sad thing is the comments here pale in comparison to other sites." Anyone would have to be dumb not to see that you are comparing Creed Feed to other message boards. If you don't like it here, then take a hike, you don't need to state it.

Anyway, sorry, I'm not here to pick a fight with you.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-09-2004, 11:44 PM   #102
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) You sure the word was "band" not hand?

...or maybe land???? I used to be in God's LAND ??? j/k

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 01-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #103
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by lifelovesoul) I'm just going to go with that, Julbright. That would fit in the subject more anyway! Plus, I don't really think Scott would say that on national television if they haven't told us official yet. That just wouldn't make sense, and if they were having problems back then, I don't think they would be so sure about what was happening, or we'd already know official. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I'm going to go with you Julbright. I'm also going to have to catch the show later.
HOOOORAY FOR THE 1ST DAY OF TV !!!!! REAL TV, THAT HAS BRAVO! AND I'LL GET TO WATCH, AND RECORD A RERUN AFTER ALL!

Ooops, that was supposed to be me! Mom, probably half of your posts are mine by accident! Oh well, you can get over it can't you?? Really, THANKS!
Okay everyone, sorry for the confusion, but the post I just quoted was supposed to be me, Saxon, Creed_Defaultgirl, ME!!! Sorry once again, I always forget to look and see who's s/n is up at the top! Oh well. DOH!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 01-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #104
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) You sure the word was "band" not hand?

As someone mentioned you couldn't really hear it clearly because there were others speaking.... But it's still worrying, oh well I guess. I'm not going to let it get to me too much, with all of the other things going on.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-10-2004, 08:52 PM   #105
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) If you notice in my initial post I was positive, and mentioned the fact that he might be clueless as to the rules because he had never played "texas hold-em poker" before, that I was just glad to see him and that he won some money for his charity. I didn't discuss the sweat on his upper lip, state that I thought he should be embarrassed, or insinuate that he got drunk in the loser's lounge. How can that be considered looking for positive signs of his current state of mind??????
You are absolutely right! But the things you're mentioning here are NOT the things that I was referring to as being positive signs of his current state. Some of us just dote on his every move because we like him so much.
Quote: I haven't seen the show yet....but basically, I gave the guy a break...something that so very few people are willing to do anymore. Everyone jumps to speculate about his emotional state.....has anybody ever thought that having every freaking thing about you and your life negatively picked apart, from the way you cut your hair, to your clothes, who you might or might not be dating, your weight, your health, what medications you might be taking, just basically thinking they need to know EVERYTHING about you down to how many times a day you take a dump....is enough to really, really, really bother someone who is a private person, just trying to spend some offtime with his family and have a bit of fun? Ever thought that after a while you get damn tired of being "analyzed"???? Quite frankly, I don't see how he could ever be comfortable dealing with it. And in my opinion he gets an unfair share of it.
I agree 100%.