++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #61
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Good point MrProphetman. I don't know if I think what Mark wrote is Crap but I definitely think Scott maybe a better lyricist. I would like to see the lyrics from all their songs off of both their albums side by side. I think everyone has to agree that Mark is a better guitarist and music writer than he is a lyricist.

IMO it is crap. The man can't even use descriptive words. Stapp does.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:16 AM   #62
Robin101
USER INFO »

I think Mark said in a past interview that it was Scott who always got the last say on everything. As much as I respect Scott on a professional level, he does strike me as the sort of person who would 'spit his dummy out' if he didn't get his own way.

All you have to do is look at how heavy ODR is compared to HC and Weathered. Mark even had to build his guitar work around Scott. He probably felt trapped and wanted more freedom to express himself doing what he loved most.

Mark, Scott and Brian all felt the 'Iron Fist' of Stapp and decided to leave when they'd had enough. Saying that, would Creed have had the same success if Stapp hadn't put his foot down all the time?

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #63
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I think Mark said in a past interview that it was Scott who always got the last say on everything. As much as I respect Scott on a professional level, he does strike me as the sort of person who would 'spit his dummy out' if he didn't get his own way.

All you have to do is look at how heavy ODR is compared to HC and Weathered. Mark even had to build his guitar work around Scott. He probably felt trapped and wanted more freedom to express himself doing what he loved most.

Mark, Scott and Brian all felt the 'Iron Fist' of Stapp and decided to leave when they'd had enough. Saying that, would Creed have had the same success if Stapp hadn't put his foot down all the time?

Take Care

Yeah....but at least two of them left rich men. I didn't buy One Day Remains and never will. It says nothing of substance to me. Let them express themselves the way they want to, but they need to realize they aren't going to get richer doing it their way. And neither will Stapp, probably. I'm NOT a metalhead and never will be.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #64
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I think Mark said in a past interview that it was Scott who always got the last say on everything. As much as I respect Scott on a professional level, he does strike me as the sort of person who would 'spit his dummy out' if he didn't get his own way.

Take Care

Thank you Robin for pointing that out... I'm not alone. I don't remember were I read it but I've read it too... And that just proves that Creed was a "Stapps interests first" projekt.

Prophetman, seeing how AB will be playing with Metallica, Guns n Roses, Alice In Chains and Tool their career together is taking off. Stapp on the otherhand will suceed on playing the Creed songs and that's it. And hopefully AB will switch from Screw-Up to hopefully their own record lable so that they are in charge of their own music.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #65
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Thank you Robin for pointing that out... I'm not alone. I don't remember were I read it but I've read it too... And that just proves that Creed was a "Stapps interests first" projekt.

Prophetman, seeing how AB will be playing with Metallica, Guns n Roses, Alice In Chains and Tool their career together is taking off. Stapp on the otherhand will suceed on playing the Creed songs and that's it. And hopefully AB will switch from Screw-Up to hopefully their own record lable so that they are in charge of their own music.

I'll believe Alter Bridge playing with Metallica, Guns n Roses (if Axl shows up), Alice in Chains, and Tool when I see it. I gotta say that if Tremonti had called the shots Creed, wouldn't have sold over 30 million records. What he released in One Day Remains is enough to convince me of that. Hell. I won't even buy Alter Bridge's CD.