++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2005, 02:35 AM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Riddle Of Epicurus

The Riddle Of Epicurus

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

any answers??
Old 06-09-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Epicureanism?

Please...

Heaven

Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
It is not evil for God to give us free will.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
The Boy Has A Question

Lets Be Nice... I Like You Hanging Around your question was a good one feel free at anytime to pm me if you have any more questions on such topics i love,em So maybe we can learn from each other ...EVEN THE DAY EVIL WAS CREATED FOR HIMSELF 1 Col FOR BY HIM WERE ALL THINGS CREATED... AND HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS AND BY HIM DOES ALL THINGS CONSIST yes even evil Now Im Safe Here And I Would Be Not Be Sharing These Things With My Dear Sweet Aunt Nelly ...Lets Not Be Shocked Of Such Questions But Lets Try To Be A Perfect Season And Grace With Our Fellow Brothers And Sisters EVIL AND THE GOOD SUFFERING PAIN AND AGONEY KILLING WARS Why Does God Let These Things Happen ...THERE IS NO GOOD WITHOUT EVIL Bot Of Theme Go Hand And Hand You Cant Have One without the other ...One Side Will Praise God While The Other Side Questions Others Will Hate God While Others Will Love Him Others Will Always Search Him And Yet Never Find Him . Its All Very Confusing But The Best Awsner I Can Give You My FRIEND IS STILL THE SAME As What They All Say JESUS JESUS SAID I,AM IN THE TRUTH THE WAY AND IN THE LIGHT NO MAN CAN REACH GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME , The Only Man Who Ever Walked My Friend WHO QUESTIONED THESE THINGS, BUT IT WAS HE THAT OVERCAME THE WORLD And Has To Keys To Life And Death In Him Is Light There Is No Darkness Sometimes All You Gotta Do Is Ask Him That Question He Will Anwser You And Not Go Around The Bush About Like It LIKE MAN Does FOR THE darkness OF Jesus Is BETTER IS BRIGHTER Than The Light Of Any Man PEACE BE WITH YOU , Ya ANARCHY MUTHA YOU
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Creedsister, please, be considerate to the rest of us. Puncuate, use SENTENCES, stop capitalizing every random word thta looks nice. I like you and you seem nice, but it is rather rude to expect us to figure out that nonsense which is your posts.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
I would put forth that there are 2 types of evil.

1. Human evil (i.e. free will)

2. Gratuitous evil (i.e. a mountain slides on to a village of "God" fearing people with out. Not out of punishment from "God" and it kills every one in the village)

With the riddle think of the evil as gratuitous then give me an answer.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
It's not that you don't believe in God, it is that you are angry at your Calvinoid father, for being either a wimp or a tightass. So you can't blame everything on him, so you take it out on God. It's simple psychoanalysis.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #9
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Quote: The Riddle Of Epicurus

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

any answers??

Sorry oh Mighty Wreckedally Fixated One, experience tells me you don't read anything more that 3 lines long. The answer you demand won't fit on a cartoon strip or T shirt.

ignore this: http://www.stjohnadulted.org/probevil.htm

Thats my answer. You can't handle it.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-09-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #10
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: It's not that you don't believe in God, it is that you are angry at your Calvinoid father, for being either a wimp or a tightass. So you can't blame everything on him, so you take it out on God. It's simple psychoanalysis.
This is actually not true and you presumption in the matter is rather insulting. You accuse me of attacking everything you put up because I am biased but here you are doing the same thing which by definition is hypocrisy.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-09-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #11
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) ignore this: http://www.stjohnadulted.org/probevil.htm

Thats my answer. You can't handle it.

Quote:
God is All-Powerful, All-Knowing, All-Loving and Good. So how could such a God stand by when God’s children were herded into the gas chambers at Auschwitz? How can such a God watch a child die of leukemia or a beloved parent slowly fail from Alzheimer’s disease? How can such a God tolerate the evil and suffering that pervades the world and each and every life?

this is speaking of human evil such as cause and effect of human choices not Gratuitous evil wich I have put forth you fail
Old 06-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #12
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
And yes I did read the power point presentation of "The Existential Problem of Evil and Redemptive Suffering" and denying that gratuitous evil exists is absolutely absurd at best.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #13
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
WHHAAA!!!! WHHHAAAAA!!!! WWWWWHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

You dish it out all day, but when you get a small taste of what we put up with, you cry and whine. Grow up, or act out so you can get banned, and then you can blame it on all the "stupid Christians". (and the admins are not even Christians by their own admission)

Manipulation is witchcraft, Mr. No-god. And I would rather be a hypocrit than a pretensious snob who does anything to avoid the truth. Like calling me a hypocrit. Your easy ready made excuse for avoiding the answers you demand is wearing thin. Your mask is off, dickwad.

Quote: And yes I did read the power point presentation of "The Existential Problem of Evil and Redemptive Suffering" and denying that gratuitous evil exists is absolutely absurd at best.

Right. You may have read one whole presentation in 3 minutes, 1 out of 7. Do you always read the last chapter first? You convict yourself of pretensiousness. catch up on your reading

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-09-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #14
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address)
Manipulation is witchcraft, Mr. No-god. And I would rather be a hypocrit than a pretensious snob who does anything to avoid the truth. Like calling me a hypocrit. Your easy ready made excuse for avoiding the answers you demand is wearing thin. Your mask is off, dickwad.

If you failed to read the agreement when you joined let me just let you know (since I have been banned before) "Name calling" is not acceptable board behavior and you need to keep that in mind.

discrediting me or calling me a hypocrite? fine, but you are out of line calling me a dickwad
Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #15
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address)
Right. You may have read one whole presentation in 3 minutes, 1 out of 7. Do you always read the last chapter first? You convict yourself of pretensiousness. catch up on your reading[/color]
I read the part that had to deal with gratuitous evil because that seems to be what is under sdebate here I will be reading the rest because I am not a lazy fuck who olny makes my way through life by half assing it but I went to the most pressing issue at hand first plain and simple.