++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx?

Scott Stapp on a Jamie Foxx CD? Just might be.

JAMIE FOXX FIXIN' TO RELEASE SECOND SET: And he says it's gonna be classic.

(Jul. 7, 2004) *It's no secret that actor/comedian Jamie Foxx can "sang." In fact, he was nominated at the BET Awards for Best Collaboration along with Kanye West and Twista for "Slow Jamz."

"We're gonna get back in the lab and come out with something incredible, something that is so great," Foxx told MTV.

The actor, who released his only album, "Peep This" a decade ago, is finalizing the follow-up with Kanye, among many others. While the track list has yet to be decided for the fall release, Foxx has logged studio time with everyone from Snoop Dogg and Tank to Scott Stapp and Slash.

"You never know what might be on it. We might do 46 tracks, 'cause I got friends," Foxx said. "It's gonna be called Ambidextrous, which means I'm goin' in different ways. It's gonna be a grown-up record."

Here's the link
Scott Stapp article

Last edited by Shadow : 07-07-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Thats Wayyyyyyy Cool
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 07-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ugh!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-07-2004, 03:37 PM   #5
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???

It's called being an artist and open yourself up to different forms of music. Growing not just getting stuck doing the same thing.

Go Stapp.......
Old 07-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) To me it sounds like the only thing I would even care about listening to is whatever Scott does..... snoop dog, YUCK! Can't that boy choose an album to sing on that's not going to have any hiphop crap on it, but just good ole rock n roll???

I'm sure that Stapp could choose to sing on anything he wishes . I agree with musiclover291...Go Stapp.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:21 PM   #7
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
This isn't really that much different than Mark Tremonti playing guitar on an album by "Larry the Cable Guy" is it? There are lots of instances of people who write and perform in different genres of music working together. You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Maybe Jamie "sangs" some rock and roll.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:55 PM   #8
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: You never know when working with someone new just might turn you on to something new for you within your own brand of music.

Exactly!!...and of course...no one is saying anything about Slash...now that dude is a major shredder..and yet...he's working with Foxx too..

Stapp
Old 07-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #9
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 07-07-2004, 08:37 PM   #10
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker) Oh for fuck sake, honestly what the heck is wrong with Stapp. Out of anyone he could choose to make a record with, it's with stupid comedians and stupid rap stars. This makes me angry, Stapp has changed alot, by just choosing to work with rap stars you can tell that his music is going to be different. I don't know what to expect anymore, I love Stapp with all of my heart, but I really don't know what to think of his upcoming music anymore.

First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian. He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded you would know that Fox has a gospel background he started singing in the church so I can see the connection. Unlike you Stapp is trying different forms of music and meeting new people. More power to him. Who knows he maybe working with Latin artists as well which is great because music is for everyone white, black, latin etc.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #11
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I think it'd be cool if Scott told some jokes on it. Maybe he could get a comedy career going too. And don't diss Snoop. I like him.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-07-2004, 09:22 PM   #12
Shadow
USER INFO »
I think it's cool. I wish there was more information about it. I'd like to know if Scott did some back-up vocals or what.

Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott. Let's just give it a chance and see what comes out. Although, I am concerned about him working with 7 Aurelius. According to his resume - 7 hasn't worked with rock singers. But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
so can jamie fox really sing? what was his first album like? stapp and slash on there has my interest for sure but i'm not sure what to make of it. well its got stapp and slash it can't be that bad right?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 07-07-2004, 10:01 PM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
That might come out really interesting. If throws some jokes at it people will know a side of him that they're not used to. As long it's not low jokes, it will be good for him.

But Hayley has a point. It seems Stapp is haging out with the wrong crowd latelly! Like I said, it seems. I'm not trying to judge anyone here.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:02 PM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) First of all Jamie Foxx is not a stupid rap star or stupid comedian.
We all have different opinions, thanks very much.

Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) He is great talent who sings R&B and if you weren't so narrow minded
I'm not narrow minded. Sorry for speaking my opinion, geesh.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Hayley, I'm very surprised you feel that way. That's not like you. You usually support Scott.
I know. I still do support him, but I am just unhappy right now about the choises that he has made so far. I am still going to support him, and I will still buy his album, right now I am just unsure about what it will sound like, seeing as who he is working with. I'm just unsure, that's all I can say.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) But, I have to put my faith in Scott that he'll come out with music that I love. Just like he did with Creed.
I'm hoping he will. I will give this a chance, I do still believe in Scott, and I will support him with whatever he does, but if I don't like the music he comes out with, then I can't help the way I feel. Rock music is my soul, it is who I am, all I listen too. I will give him a chance, though.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006