++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-20-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
~ New Rule Proposal ~

Here's my idea.....

Instead of going into posts about bands you don't like, DON'T GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. It's OK if you don't like them, but let people who do like them chat about it.

Make all feedback happy feedback. If you only have negative feedback, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, or, start up another thread and warn people that it contains anti-band ideas.

People (and I'm not just talking about the members of this board) spend so much time finding faults in other people without looking at themselves and realizing that they themselves are not perfect.

Can't we all just get along?

If you need something to cheer you up or make you laugh and forget the bad, think of the dancing banana.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:09 AM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i don't like the banana :lol:
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-20-2003, 02:11 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
C-Dogg, not to take issue with your request, but isn't this a free country, the last time I checked? No one is bashing anyone for liking a band he or she doesn't like. They are just stating their opinions in a forum that encourages discussion, no? If you put a topic like a band in the title of thread, you invite people in. This is a public forum. People should be able to express their opinions, negative and positive. That's what stirs discussion and debate. If you don't want negative replies, I suggest you express that in the title of thread. For example, instead of simply putting the name of a band or the name of song in a thread, state that it is for fans of the song or band only. That might keep some of us out of it.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:22 AM   #4
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
ditto (I won't be quite so harsh anymore)

and in your Good Charlotte thread you said "if you want to talk about Sum 41 make a Sum 41 thread". Well we are simply having a conversation and sometimes (a lot of times) we go off on other topics (what's the big deal). I think the board would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on all the topics (we would sound like robots). I don't know about you, but I like to hear what people have to say (whether it be good or bad).

(I'm done)

- Dan
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-20-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

I think nobody used this smiles yet
Old 03-20-2003, 11:01 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
see how easy you can go off-topic?
Old 03-20-2003, 07:55 PM   #7
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Sounds like censorship to me. Fact of the matter is, the world isn't nice and lovely all the time. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with you, maybe it's time to sign off from life.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:47 PM   #8
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

I think nobody used this smiles yet

I've used the driving one.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #9
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Back to the topic, usually when someone starts a music thread, they ask what people think of a certain band or song. If someones posts their opinion on that band/song, and it happens to be an opinion differing from yours, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT??
Old 03-20-2003, 09:11 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Said Eyes
Sounds like censorship to me. Fact of the matter is, the world isn't nice and lovely all the time. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with you, maybe it's time to sign off from life.

Right on! We are not bashing anything, sorry don't like Good Charlotte, maybe because my mother in laws name is in it and she is not good! No seriously this is a public forum like Dogstar said, and we did not bash them, just simply stated we did not like them! Hey look at all the political forums we get into here, that's life, not everyone is going to agree on everything wouldn't life be boring if we did?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-20-2003, 11:30 PM   #11
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
I'm not saying the forums should be censored, just separated into groups in the same forum. Sometimes people post saying that they like something, and want to talk to other who do. How hard is it to instead of posting negative feedback, hit the button to the left of the post reply button, enter a topic, and say what they have to say in an "anti" thread. I don't know about all of you guys and gals, but I don't want this place to end up full of Lechiums. Remember him?

To Said Eyes and Jen, I know the world isn't a nice and lovely place all the time and wer're not always going to agree. But at least there should be one site where we can say is a nice place. We are draging outside hatred and sending it to everyone. Why? Besides, that is why this is only a "proposal."

I'm sorry if you don't feel at least partially agreed with me on this subjuct, but all I'm suggesting is voluntary segregation between likers and haters of bands.

So far, as I can see, this is just one more place where my views are completly different from everyone elses, and no one wants to here from me. So, I'll have to do like I've done before...

Goodbye.

One last thing, don't put me down for leaving. Put yourselves down for giving me no other choice to at least take a vacation from the boards. I understand that you're just relaying your ideas, but sometimes things are best left unsaid.

If you want to understand how I feel, pop My Own Prison into your CD player or Tape Deck or whatever and listen to the tenth track entitled ONE.

Once again, I'm sorry, and goodbye.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:33 PM   #12
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
See ya!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:35 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
C-Dogg. Don't leave simply because few people share your opinion. Be proud of your views. It's OK not to agree with everyone else. I'm used to being in the minority on a lot of things.

Did you see my suggestion for your plan? If you put in the thread that it's for fans only, those who aren't fans might stay away .
Old 03-20-2003, 11:43 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Drama queen

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-20-2003, 11:48 PM   #15
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
My sentiments exactly Teri!