++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Golfman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Who is the new additional Guitar Player?

While watching the VH1 show, I noticed a second guitarist playing on My Sacrifice. Who is he and why is he needed? I thought Creed was a foursome.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
BSC
USER INFO »
Re: Who is the new additional Guitar Player?

It honestly doesn't take long to find out the answer.

There's alot of posts talking about Erock. You could have found the answer out in the time in took you to post this.

I can't remember his full name.. Eric Friedman? The guys call him Erock
Old 08-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

His name is"Erock" aka Eric Friedman the fromer lead guitarist of Submersed and Daughters of Mara...He is a guitar wiz just like Tremonti and a understudy...It is rumored that he will become a full member of the band after the tour and he does backing vocals, additional guitar (Rythm Guitar) on the new album Full Circle.Having the addition of another guitarist frees up Marks ability to do the artsy solos he always wanted to do before Creed broke up..They will complement each other well IMO...

Last edited by Tremontiriffs77 : 08-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Golfman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) His name is"Erock" aka Eric Friedman the fromer lead guitarist of Submersed and Daughters of Mara...He is a guitar wiz just like Tremonti and a understudy...It is rumored that he will become a full member of the band after the tour and he does backing vocals, additional guitar (Rythm Guitar) on the new album Full Circle.Having the addition of another guitarist frees up Marks ability to do the artsy solos he always wanted to do before Creed broke up..They will complement each other well IMO...

Thanks Tremontiriffs! That is the info I was looking for, appreciate it. Does he play on every live track, or just a few of them?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I had not heard the rumor about becoming full time, that would be badass, but ya he playing the whole Creed set.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

- I think it is pretty badass as well...I wish I could remember where I saw the post in ABB.net forums but it was a writeup about Eric Friedman and how talented he was for his age..People wanted to add him to Creed before they broke up...If I can find the article Iw ill post a link...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) His name is"Erock" aka Eric Friedman the fromer lead guitarist of Submersed and Daughters of Mara...He is a guitar wiz just like Tremonti and a understudy...It is rumored that he will become a full member of the band after the tour and he does backing vocals, additional guitar (Rythm Guitar) on the new album Full Circle.Having the addition of another guitarist frees up Marks ability to do the artsy solos he always wanted to do before Creed broke up..They will complement each other well IMO...
sounds good. good post.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Erock said on his twitter he does not appear on the new album, just touring guitarist for now..
Old 08-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Erock said on his twitter he does not appear on the new album, just touring guitarist for now..
Really?I could swear Lex Music sent us an post where he says that Eric was adding a nice wall of sound to the album...if so my bad...Only can report what i see...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

ya no that would be sweet if he was on the album but someone asked if he was on the album on his twitter and he said no just the tour. I think lex said he added the "wall of sound" during rehersals fo the tour..
Old 08-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #11
BSC
USER INFO »

Ugh thats a shame, I can't imagine Overcome without those high pitched vocals or with just one guitar.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
creed_fdj83
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Ugh thats a shame, I can't imagine Overcome without those high pitched vocals or with just one guitar.

I would imagine on the album track that Tremonti laid both parts out and tracked them both. Hopefully the vocals are in there too, but only a handful of people will know until the 19th.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
jeffro5422
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) Ugh thats a shame, I can't imagine Overcome without those high pitched vocals or with just one guitar.

I agree. I love Mark's vocals but Eric sounds great on that track, at least from what we've been able to hear. He's a super nice guys too. Met him a couple times when he was touring with Submersed.