++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #1471
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

December 14th

"The Lord is with you..."

Wow! Such a familiar sentence packed with emotion. An angel comes to Nazareth to visit and speak with a young woman engaged to be married. Before the history-shattering news is announced, she is given one key reminder that will be truer than she could imagine, "The Lord is with you."

God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

Luke 1:26-28

Heaven

Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #1472
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

'Bout damn time!!!

Hey gang, glad we're back.

December 15th

"What's in a name?"

Jesus is identified by many names stated or implied in the four Gospels...

Notice how Jesus is identified in just this one passage: child, son, Jesus, great, Son of the Most High, King, son of David, and leader of Israel (Jacob). Jesus exhausts all descriptions, and yet chose to be limited to imperfect descriptions by becoming human. But this flood of names and descriptions helps us find Jesus a Savior in every trial and blessing of life.

Jesus is Savior for all seasons!

The angel said to [Mary], "Do not be afraid, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever."

Luke 1:30-33

Old 12-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #1473
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 16th

"Worry about the future."

When Abraham Lincoln was on his way to Washington to be inaugurated, he spent some time in New York with Horace Greeley and told him an anecdote that was meant to be an answer to the question everybody was asking him: Are we really going to have civil war?

In his circuit-riding days, Lincoln and his companions, riding to the next session of court, had crossed many rivers. But the Fox River was still ahead of them; and they said one to another, "If these streams gives us so much trouble, how shall we get over the Fox River?"

When darkness fell, they stopped for the night at a log tavern, where they fell in with the Methodist presiding elder of the district, who rode through the country in all kinds of weather and knew all about the Fox River. They gathered around him and asked him about the present state of the river. "Oh, yes," replied the circuit rider, "I know all the Fox River. I have crossed it often and understand it well. But I have one fixed rule with regard to the Fox River... I never cross it till I reach it."

Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.

Colossians 3:2

Worry is the interest paid on trouble before it falls due.

Author unknown

It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade.

Henry Ward Beecher

Heaven

Old 12-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #1474
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen,

GOD, does not want us to worry Hev, but we do any way GLORY TO GOD, WE CAST OUR BURDENS UPON THE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE ALMIGHTY IS TRULY AMAZING AND HE IS THE SUSTAINER OF LIFE, AMEN AND AMEN HALLALLULLA AND, We Cast Those Cares UPON HE THAT SET US FREE AMEN AND AMEN, AS For Me I Will Call Upon THE LORD THY GOD AND THE LORD SHALL SAVE ME, EVENING AND MORNING AND AT NOON, Glory To God And I Shall Pray And He Shall Hear Me HE DELIVERS ME From The Battle That Was Against Me, For There were many with me, God Shall Hear And Have His Way For He Is Just In All Dealings, Because They Have No Changes THERFORE THEY Fear Not God, He Hath Put Forth His Hand Against Such, As Be At Peace With Him He Hath Broken His Covenant The Words Of His Mouth were smoother than butter but war was in his heart his words were softer than oil yet were they drawn swords, THE BATTLE BELONGS TO GOD THE SWORD IS HIS, CAST Thy Burden upon The Lord AND HE SHALL SUSTAIN THEE HE SHALL NEVER SUFFER THE RIGHTEOUSSSSSSSSSS TO BE MOVED, Psalm 55,16,23,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 12-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #1475
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) 'Bout damn time!!!

Hey gang, glad we're back.

December 15th

"What's in a name?"

Jesus is identified by many names stated or implied in the four Gospels...

Notice how Jesus is identified in just this one passage: child, son, Jesus, great, Son of the Most High, King, son of David, and leader of Israel (Jacob). Jesus exhausts all descriptions, and yet chose to be limited to imperfect descriptions by becoming human. But this flood of names and descriptions helps us find Jesus a Savior in every trial and blessing of life.

Jesus is Savior for all seasons!

The angel said to [Mary], "Do not be afraid, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever."

Luke 1:30-33

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, if i had to wait that long i would have been off topic my friend
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 12-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #1476
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 17th

"Two great truths."

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins ( 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 4:10 ). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift.

An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Matthew 1:20-21

Heaven

Old 12-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #1477
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 18th

"Bearing down."

Whatever your worries are today, they probably do not top the 600 Egyptian war chariots bearing down on the children of Israel! Trapped between the mountains and the sea, the people forgot the God who had delivered them from the Pharaoh's hand, and they cried out in despair. But Moses, who focused on the promise of God, stood firm in his hope. When we face our "chariots," it is quite normal to feel anxiety and fear. But when we remember God's faithfulness and his ability to bring good out of any situation, we find our fears calmed and our confidence renewed.

The Lord continued to strengthen Pharaoh's resolve, and he chased after the people of Israel who had escaped so defiantely. All the forces of Pharaoh's army—all his horses, chariots, and charioteers—were used in the chase.…

As Pharaoh and his army approached, the people of Israel could see them in the distance, marching toward them. The people began to panic, and they cried out to the Lord for help.

Then they turned against Moses and complained, "Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren't there enough graves for us in Egypt? Why did you make us leave? Didn't we tell you to leave us alone while we were still in Egypt? Our Egyptian slavery was better than dying out here in the wilderness!"

But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch the Lord rescue you. The Egyptians that you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. You won't have to lift a finger in you defense!"

Exodus 14:8-14

Heaven

Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #1478
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 19th

"Another busy Christmas?"

While we are called to work hard, we must make sure that our work doesn't so preoccupy us that we endanger our health, our relationships, or our time with God.

A woman died, leaving behind her husband and one daughter. The little girl soon became the very apple of her daddy's eye. He loved to spend time with her, but because he had to work, they had only their evenings together. After dinner each night they would talk and play games; sometimes she sang for him. He treasured every moment.

One night the little girls announced, "Daddy, I need to go to my room early tonight. I have something I have to do!"

He felt very disappointed, but he let her go. She continued this pattern for a solid month. Finally, Christmas Day arrived, and early in the morning she burst in on her daddy and proudly displayed a pair of crude crocheted slippers she had made for him. It was this project that had taken her away from her father for every evening that month.

Her father thanked her warmly and gave her a big hug, but then he said, "Honey, I would rather have had you with me all those lonely evenings than to have these slippers, as beautiful and comfortable as they are." [As in the story of Martha and Mary], God wants our presence more than our slippers. He wants our devotion more than our work. It really is a matter of balance.

Just as being too busy gives you nightmares…

Ecclesiastes 5:3

Heaven

Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #1479
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 20th

"Sing Angels!"

The angels in heaven above are still rejoicing over the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ. Two thousand years has not diminished their enthusiasm. Likewise, all the angels in heaven above rejoice when there is a soul saved. Let all the earth and all of heaven praise the Lord, for He alone is worthy to be praised.

We, in this dark and sinful world, know little of the heavenly world of light. But we know that there is above us a world of blessed angels. They are always praising God, therefore the psalmist shows his desire that God may be praised in the best manner; also we show that we have communion with spirits above, who are still praising him. The heavens, with all contained in them, declare the glory of God. They call on us, that both by word and deed, we glorify with them the Creator and Redeemer of the universe.

Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.

Psalm 148:2

Heaven

Old 12-21-2006, 06:15 AM   #1480
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 21st

"Trusting human flesh."

I've always been amazed at how God chose to place his Son into our world. He could have done it any way he wanted. But he chose this way; to enter the world in difficult times under difficult circumstances as a helpless infant who must be cared for by parents who were vulnerable to so many frailties. Yet in spite of the challenges that lay ahead and the bewildering mystery that confronted them: Joseph and Mary, along with everyone around them, were caught up in the great joy this new child gave.

While [Joseph and Mary] were [in Bethlehem], the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:6-7

Heaven

Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #1481
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 22nd

"Knowing the Author."

To own a Bible, to know we have it if we need it brings a certain measure of peace. When we actually read and begin to understand it we are better able to receive peace of mind and heart. And when we apply what God's Word teaches, our lifestyle actually becomes a fertile place where peace can grow. The writer of Psalm 119 grew to love God's law because it revealed who God was.

Open my eyes to the wonderful truths in your law.

I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your laws.

Lord, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Then I will have an answer for those who taunt me, for I trust in your word. Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for my only hope is in your laws. I will keep on obeying your lay forever and forever.

May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O Lord, that your decisions are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it. Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your law is my delight.

Those who love your law have great peace and do not stumble.

Psalm 119:18, 30, 41-44, 74-77, 165

Heaven

Old 12-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #1482
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 23rd

"Peace like a river."

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul."

~H.G. Spafford

For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.

Psalm 32:7

If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7

Heaven

Old 12-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #1483
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 24th

"Charles Caleb Colton."

English minister and author Charles Caleb Colton was best known for his book of essays, Lacon, or Many Things in Few Words. He was born in 1780 in England. He was an avid collector of both wine and paintings and was known as an eccentric for his lifestyle, which was both lavish and ramshackle, and for his church work, which was sometimes brilliant, sometimes slipshod. After leaving the ministry, he lived in Paris for many years. He died in 1832.

"It is good to act as if. It is even better to grow to the point where it is no longer an act."

– Charles Caleb Colton

Heaven

Old 12-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #1484
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Christmas Day 2006

"Glory to you, God, in the highest heaven and peace on earth to all whom you favor…"

No doubt life for the average person wasn't all that noticeably different on the night Jesus was born. Inns and taverns were busy with their customers. Shepherds gathered around the fire to keep warm as they watched over their sheep. But in a secluded corner of Bethlehem, in an out-of-the-way stable, a baby slept in a manger. And as the shepherds settled down for a quiet night, the angels assembled into a vast choir and shattered the silence of that night by loud praises. Imagine the shepherds' response: shock, fear, and then, awe. They knew that they had to find this extraordinary child whose birth the angels had announced.

As you celebrate Christ's birth on this joyous day, seek out Jesus as the shepherds did years ago. Use this heavenly song to rejoice in Jesus' birth.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Luke 2:13-14

Merry Christmas Friends...

Heaven

Old 12-26-2006, 06:15 AM   #1485
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

December 26th

"Amazing grace!"

Young John Newton called himself an atheist, and his life demonstrated his lack of belief in God. Even the coarsest sailors aboard his slave-trading ship could not stand his filthy speech. He brutalized the male slaves and sexually abused the women, and he prodded other sailors to do the same. The ship's captain finally put him ashore on the coast of Africa, and there he became a servant of slavers.

Finally rescued by another merchant ship, Newton once again fouled the ship with his presence. In a drunken stupor he almost plunged overboard, and the captain wished that he had. Then, amazingly in the midst of a vicious ocean storm in 1748, God touched his heart. Years after his remarkable conversion, Newton commented, "I see no reason why the Lord singled me out for mercy…unless it was to show that with him nothing is impossible."

The fool who had said in his heart that there was no God was now transformed. He became famous throughout England, both as a preacher and a writer of hymns. Without a doubt, the best-known hymn of this former atheist is the following:

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

~JOHN NEWTON

Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; no one does good!
…Oh, that salvation would come from Mount Zion to rescue Israel!
For when the Lord restores his people, Jacob will shout with joy, and Israel will rejoice.

Psalm 14:1-7

Heaven