++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sd#224

Sunday Dispatch #224

A religion scholar stood up with a question to test Jesus. "Teacher, what do I need to do to get eternal life?"

He answered, "What's written in God's Law? How do you interpret it?"

He said, "That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence--and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself."

"Good answer!" said Jesus. "Do it and you'll live."

Looking for a loophole, he asked, "And just how would you define "neighbor'?"

Jesus answered by telling a story. "There was once a man traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho. On the way he was attacked by robbers. They took his clothes, beat him up, and went off leaving him half-dead. Luckily, a priest was on his way down the same road, but when he saw him he angled across to the other side. Then a Levite religious man showed up; he also avoided the injured man.

"A Samaritan traveling the road came on him. When he saw the man's condition, his heart went out to him. He gave him first aid, disinfecting and bandaging his wounds. Then he lifted him onto his donkey, led him to an inn, and made him comfortable. In the morning he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, "Take good care of him. If it costs any more, put it on my bill--I'll pay you on my way back.'

"What do you think? Which of the three became a neighbor to the man attacked by robbers?"

"The one who treated him kindly," the religion scholar responded.

Jesus said, "Go and do the same."

~Luke 10 (The Message)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Harvest Is Truly Great But The Labourers are few pray ye therefore the lord of the harvest that he would send fourth helping hands in to the harvest go your ways behold i send you fourth as lambs among the wolves and of course be wise a vipers carry neither purse nor script nor shoes to salute any dude on the way and whatsoever house ye enter :r say peace be to this house AND IF THE SON OF PEACE BE THERE You Like Really Know It YOUR PEACE SHALL REST UPON IT If NOT IT SHALL TURN TO YOU AGAIN And In The Same House Remain Eating And Drinking Such Things As They Give For The Labourer Is Worth Of His Hire Go Not From House To House And Into Whatsoever City Ye Enter They Recive You Eat Such Things As Are Set Before You And Heal The Sick That Are There AND SAY UNTO THEME THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COME NIGHUNTO YOU But Whatsoever City Ye Enter And They Receive You Not Go Your Ways Out In To The Streets Of The Same And Say Even The Very Dust Of Your City Which Cleaves On You We Do Wipe Of Against You Notwithstanding Be Sure Of This That The Kingdom Of God Is Come Nigh To You But I Say Unto You THAT IT SHALL BE MORE TOLERABLE IN THAT DAY FOR SONDOM THAN FOR THAT CITY Woe Unto Those Citys For If Thy Mighty Works Had Been Done In Ya,alls That Had Be Done In Tyre And Sidon Which Have Been Done In You They Had A Great While Ago To Repented Sitting In Sackcloth And Ashes But It Shall Be More Tolerable For Tyre And Sidon AT THE JUDGEMENT THAN YOU And Thou CAP. Which Art Exalctled To Hevean Shalt Be Thrust Down To Hell He That Hears Ya Hears Me And He Thats Got In For Ya Gots In For Me And He That Hates Me Hates Him That Sent Me
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything