++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-06-2004, 05:10 PM   #1
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is there anyone here...

Is there anyone here that, like me, abandoned religion because of his faith?
I mean, someone that tried to believe in Christ more than protestant and evangelical Christians and started to see a different Gospel than the one lived by them and a darker world than the one seen by them?

"Fight the fight alone
When the world is full of victims
Dims a fading light in our souls"

Alter Bridge - Broken Wings

"There is a light within a man of light, and it gives light to the whole world. If it does not give light, there is darkness."
word of God.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Light is Life,

What do you mean by a different Gospel?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:13 AM   #3
SandMan
USER INFO »
I'm guessing here..you mean a different way of seeing the teachings.

Yes, I feel the same way, I am very much into truth more than doctrines, I feel like, I trust in God and he will lead me, but I have to do the work.

I get understanding through everything, kind of like a puzzle, you gather bits and pieces from each religion or belief and one day it just all begins to fit, maybe because the answer lies within us to begin with.

I still go to church, although I see so much more in the teachings, but community serves alot of purpose in this skin, something I need, hugs and smiles and singing from others, even though I have been given a deeper understanding I just smile and keep alot of it to myself, until something pinches me and says... speak.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:35 AM   #4
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by theironhorse) Light is Life,

What do you mean by a different Gospel?

I could say that religion is canonical (open) and faith apocryphal (secret). This different Gospel is the Gospel which religion can't know, the Gospel which is revealed only to those who love the truth and have a passionate soul for the eternal treasures.

The more you grow in faith and knowledge of the truth the more you feel as if religion is there only to hinder your spirituality. The more you love wisdom the more you understand that you're speaking an unknown language to the sons of this world.

The true Gospel is eternally different, daily it offers a new truth to those who seek the light. I have seen a quite different Gospel than the one that they don't see.

But no one can be told what the Gospel truly is, you have to see it for yourself.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Light is My Life You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth, ROCK ON
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-15-2004, 01:57 AM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
My concern here is that there is an air of superiority.

Be very careful eh. Whether we like it or not, those that attend denominations of Christ, are our brothers and sisters, and the WORD OF GOD says that the eye cant say to the hand, "I dont need you", and I might add that nor can the hand say to the eye, "you dont need me". And I might add, that Jesus died for and loves them!

We are a body, as the word says; And we all have something to offer each other!!!! And if the Spirit is truly in us, we will be convicted of this fact.

Careful.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Sincirr I Agree, With You The Lord Thy God Knows That Which IS His, And I Pray Oh Lord How I Pray For God To Shake Theme. And As Of A Now I Can Do Is Pray, The Spirt Searches, PRAISE JESUS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #8
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) My concern here is that there is an air of superiority.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? "

John 8:51-53

I believe in the superiority of the truth.
I have learnt to love the truth, and then the truth loved me. The superiority you see belongs to God and not me. When have I exalted myself here?

Jesus was the truth made flesh. He could speak the truth as the truth. I speak what I hear and see as a simple man. The pharisees saw two "superiorities" in Jesus, he claimed to be the truth and speak the truth.

If I'm hearing and seeing things that are not the truth, well one day I'll find the right answers because I'm sure that I'm not the truth, differently from what happens in most religions.

Anyway, if Jesus, being the truth and speaking only the truth, taught how one could test if his words were true or not why wouldn't I?

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. "
John 7:17

Do you believe in Jesus?
I don't. I can't do the works he did.
That's why I tried to believe more and I'll always will.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. "
John 14:12

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Be very careful eh. Whether we like it or not, those that attend denominations of Christ, are our brothers and sisters, and the WORD OF GOD says that the eye cant say to the hand, "I dont need you", and I might add that nor can the hand say to the eye, "you dont need me". And I might add, that Jesus died for and loves them!

We are a body, as the word says; And we all have something to offer each other!!!! And if the Spirit is truly in us, we will be convicted of this fact.

I believe in true unity, unity through truth and love, and not unity through same religion. I don't despise anyone, the fact is that I see everyone despising the truth and the love of God.

I don't have all gifts, I'll never have, so I neither believe that I'm God nor have I the body of Christ as my god. I don't need me, and I don't need any other sinner like me. I need God only.

If anyone wants to be my brother, just love me and then I'm going to have him truly as my brother, but if someone says to me "I'm your brother because you need me", no this one I don't need as my brother. All the darkness of the religious mentality I despise.

Again I say that I choose to "Fight the fight alone when the world is full of victims".
Old 09-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hag.ch.2.verse.6 2 tim.ch.3 verse 10.17 John.17.1.5 John ch.14.17
Old 09-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #10
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) Do you believe in Jesus?
I don't. I can't do the works he did.
That's why I tried to believe more and I'll always will.
Ahhhhhh...So you dont believe in Jesus as being the Son of God.....OK, I know where U stand now...

You are not a Christian, Light is Life, so what I posted won't be your concern, I guess..... but anyone that is one and thinks that they "...need God only." please know that we are meant to be together, not separate. It is not right for man to be alone. (Genesis 2:18).
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) The true Gospel is eternally different, daily it offers a new truth to those who seek the light. I have seen a quite different Gospel than the one that they don't see.
You are assuming that they, Christians, are unenlightened compared to you...you're exalting your truth over theirs.

Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL) ...if someone says to me "I'm your brother because you need me", no this one I don't need as my brother.
I didn't say, "I'm your brother because you need me", the word of God says it. Check out Ephesians 4. It talks about the body of Christ. The Greek word, sozo means to be whole, this is where this word derives from anyways...but once again, as a non-Christian, this wont be of interest or concern to you.
Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL)
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? "

John 8:51-53
Has a devil.....Nasty!.......
Jesus, the Christ, answered them after your quote and this is what He said:

54Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, "I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

57Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

58Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

The Pharisees didnt know God to even judge God's Son the way they did!!! Saying he had a demon? How could they even discern that? Ridiculous!

You say:
Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL) The pharisees saw two "superiorities" in Jesus, he claimed to be the truth and speak the truth.
,but they judged The TRUTH as mere superiorities, 'cos they failed to see their own sin, the sin of superiority, which kept themselves and many others, in blinding darkness...

Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL) If I'm hearing and seeing things that are not the truth, well one day I'll find the right answers because I'm sure that I'm not the truth, differently from what happens in most religions.
I too, have not appreciated various churches saying that they know better than the other. How absurd!

I believe, though, that they still have something to contribute, some piece of the puzzle that fits, even though alot of the times they blow it out of proportion and forget that they don't have all the answers...

Keep that humble heart and I wish you the best in your journey.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
SOZO, is that what it means, thank you sincirrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #12
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Ahhhhhh...So you dont believe in Jesus as being the Son of God.....OK, I know where U stand now...

"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. "
Proverbs 23:9

Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) The more you love wisdom the more you understand that you're speaking an unknown language to the sons of this world.

You don't know a language called wisdom.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) You are not a Christian, Light is Life, so what I posted won't be your concern, I guess..... but anyone that is one and thinks that they "...need God only." please know that we are meant to be together, not separate. It is not right for man to be alone. (Genesis 2:18).

Who am I to say I'm a Christian. Christian means follower of Christ... A follower must be able to do the works he did, so I'm really not worthy of being called Christian. But I think that's not how you judged me, I think that you really used another "wisdom" called hate to judge me. A Christian does the works of Christ but also speaks the language of Christ. Whether you do his works... through your words I see that you neither do what he did, because you hated me and he loved me, nor speak his language, because you should have understood plainly what I meant.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. "
Matthew 7:1

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. "
John 15:14

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) You are assuming that they, Christians, are unenlightened compared to you...you're exalting your truth over theirs.

I didn't say, "I'm your brother because you need me", the word of God says it. Check out Ephesians 4. It talks about the body of Christ. The Greek word, sozo means to be whole, this is where this word derives from anyways...but once again, as a non-Christian, this wont be of interest or concern to you.

If you don't know this fact, there's only one that's light, God, and everyone else is darkness. Am I believing I am God? I think I replied this in the last message already. What did I say there? Being darkness, all I need is God, the light. I WANT to give and receive light from other people, but I neither NEED their light nor they should NEED mine, because light is never mine or theirs, but it will always belong to God.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Has a devil.....Nasty!.......
Jesus, the Christ, answered them after your quote and this is what He said:

54Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, "I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."

57Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

58Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

The Pharisees didnt know God to even judge God's Son the way they did!!! Saying he had a demon? How could they even discern that? Ridiculous!

You say:

,but they judged The TRUTH as mere superiorities, 'cos they failed to see their own sin, the sin of superiority, which kept themselves and many others, in blinding darkness...

Yes they had the sin of superiority. And the "superiority" you're seeing in me I answer the same way Jesus answered them "If I honor myself, my honor is nothing, It is my Father who honors me". You're judging that I am honoring myself, well, go on judging me, this seems to be a great way of seeking the blessings of God. I see how your soul is full of light.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I too, have not appreciated various churches saying that they know better than the other. How absurd!

I believe, though, that they still have something to contribute, some piece of the puzzle that fits, even though alot of the times they blow it out of proportion and forget that they don't have all the answers...

Keep that humble heart and I wish you the best in your journey.

It seems that the churches you're attending now are filling you with much light. Your words added so much to me, now I'm seeing that I was being a fool. That's why I simply can't believe in religion anymore, what it did with you, it did with me, and I got disgusted with myself.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? "
Matthew 7:3

Again you judge me that I'm not humble... Teach me how to be humble, judging others?

Do you really wish me the best in my journey? This sins to be a subliminal message saying "I want to see you drown in your wicked ways.".

Watch your words, or your words might drown you.

"...believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light."
John 12:36

Last edited by Light is Life : 09-17-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:31 PM   #13
Light is Life
USER INFO »
When rock is my religion.

"Somebody told me the wrong way

What if I died?
What did I give?
I hope it was an answer so you might live
I hope I helped you live "

Wrong Way

"So let the children play
Inside your heart always
And death you will defy
'Cause your youth will never die
Never Die"

Never Die

The children laugh and play, running in circles, see the true church of God. Somebody told me the wrong way.

"I'm just a freedom fighter
No remorse
Raging on in holy war
Soon there'll come a day
When you're face to face with
Face to face with me"

Freedom Fighter

"When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice"

My Sacrifice

See... Scott Stapp also believes he's "superior"...
This brings tears to our eyes because all we can do is to call everyone to fly with us, but not everyone is concerned about it since the world and their religions already feed their souls with "all they need". The world fed me with emptiness, so did religion.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:04 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
john.ch.10
Old 09-18-2004, 08:05 AM   #15
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) "Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. "
Proverbs 23:9

You don't know a language called wisdom.
I feel sorry for you. I use discernment on your speech, and I dont agree that its wisdom as you do "
Quote: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words",

sorry! There are some great truths in what U say, but they are laced with hatred that you just cant see, and that is dangerous!

And wisdom is from the Holy Spirit, Jesus said, My sheep hear my voice, so you saying that I dont know wisdom is totally your opinion.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) I think that you really used another "wisdom" called hate to judge me. A Christian does the works of Christ but also speaks the language of Christ. Whether you do his works... through your words I see that you neither do what he did, because you hated me and he loved me, nor speak his language, because you should have understood plainly what I meant.

A wisdom is hatred?? What!?? Where did u get that from???

You are condemning me here, saying that I am not a disciple of Jesus, therefore saying that I dont know him...That is what the enemy, Satan, does. How can I recognise the light in you when you are acting so dark!?? God doesnt judge the outward appearance but looks at the heart. Thank God that you arent him, cos we would all be eternally condemned!

How can someone like you, who claims to know more than us, want less than us to have everlasting life! John 3:16
Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) "Judge not, that ye be not judged. ".
Matthew 7:1
And did U not quote Judge not, lest ye be judged? Then you accuse me of not knowing Christ...Why are U being so hypocritical?
Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL) Yes they had the sin of superiority. And the "superiority" you're seeing in me I answer the same way Jesus answered them "If I honor myself, my honor is nothing, It is my Father who honors me". You're judging that I am honoring myself, well, go on judging me, this seems to be a great way of seeking the blessings of God.

I see how your soul is full of light.
Just plain nasty and judgemental, also exalting yourself, again, as being more superior to me; You asked me to find a place where you were exalting yourself, and then when I found the evidence of it, I was accused of judging you. You asked me to give U an example. I gave it...

You eyes are blinded to the truth because someone in the church has hurt you and you need to FORGIVE them, cos satan is easily getting a door into your heart AND mind because of it.
Quote: (Originally Posted by LIL) It seems that the churches you're attending now are filling you with much light. Your words added so much to me, now I'm seeing that I was being a fool. That's why I simply can't believe in religion anymore, what it did with you, it did with me, and I got disgusted with myself.
Not discusted enough, and U are still judging the church, who are Jesus's ROCK, whether you like it or not. You still have sin and unforgiveness in your heart, you cannot be trusted.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) Again you judge me that I'm not humble... Teach me how to be humble, judging others?
It's interesting that U took that as judgement cos it wasnt. You just assume that I will judge you cos U R blinded by unforgiveness. You said:
Quote: If I'm hearing and seeing things that are not the truth, well one day I'll find the right answers because I'm sure that I'm not the truth, differently from what happens in most religions.

So, I judged your words upon what U plainly said, and I did wish you the best, cos if you are humble like these words seem to show, you will know light...I was not attacking you there.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Light is Life) Do you really wish me the best in my journey? This seems to be a subliminal message saying "I want to see you drown in your wicked ways."

Nope, that's just the spirit of condemntation messing with your mind. I dont wish for anyone to drown! Be free from the spirit of judgement, religion and condemnation that has attatched itself to you from your past associations! You see me wrongly. And I cut off any condemnation that has attatched itself to me from these posts IN JESUS CHRIST'S NAME!

I am not sensing that this is a healthy thread though so I will do my best to leave it alone, which is what I should have done in the first place.

ROCK HARD!!!