++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Brian Marshall Update

Status Update on Facebook.

First he wrote:
Brian Marshall Alter Bridge to resume writing in early December!! Wohoo! B

Then this.

Alter Bridge is to begin writing in December. I'm looking forward to it, ... along with hopefully touring internationally with Creed. It's all in the future, but mostly I am just stoked I am able to rock for a living... God Bless,..... Brian

So Alter Bridge may tour with Creed? It makes sense. Saves them having to do a lot of traveling. Doing 2 sets of tours may wear them out. This way should be a lot better for them,
Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
shadyogrady
USER INFO »
Re: Brian Marshall Update

I believe I said this was a viable option for the two bands months ago. BINGO!! Anybody want lotto numbers from me?

Shady
Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
King Oropher
USER INFO »

I'm sure there were a few of us that thought the same thing
Old 11-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I would love to see a Creed/Alter Bridge show when they came back to the states. I guess my only concern is how awkward is is going to be every night for Myles and Stapp to switch spots, let alone on the same tour together...talk about uncomfortable..
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Bthuff80
USER INFO »

Highly unlikely that Alter Bridge will tour with Creed. Brian Marshall didnt say that Alter Bridge is touring with Creed...he said that HE will be on tour with Creed when they go on their international tour. It has already been said that AB will write, then Creed will go on tour in the spring, then ABIII will be completed over the summer for a fall, or winter 2010 release.

I dont any possibility that AB will tour with Creed.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

well his whole context was about AB..so when he said HOPEFULLY tour with Creed i think he meant bring Myles along and open for Creed...he obviously is playing with creed so that leaves one other option...
Old 11-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) well his whole context was about AB..so when he said HOPEFULLY tour with Creed i think he meant bring Myles along and open for Creed...he obviously is playing with creed so that leaves one other option...

I find that interesting because in a recent Mark and Scott Stapp interview Mark talked about working on another Creed CD..Also they are touring in the spring and summer...I dont know..knowing how they liked to write new stuff while they were touring in the old days I think we may see another Creed Cd before then..They spent all this time trying to get back into a groove and they are just gonna do it all over again after an AB break.. I think flips just throwing stuff out there..I think Mark and Stapp call the shots when it comes to Creed so we will soon see..
Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Brian said he's looking forward to writing with Alter Bride AND going on an international tour with Creed. Nowhere in there does it hint that the 2 bands will be together.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Yeah, his message does not imply AB touring with Creed... he's referring to two separate events - writing with AB and then touring with Creed.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #10
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

why is Brian hoping to tour with Creed then, is he getting kicked out of the band...I got out of that the Alter Bridge might open on the overseas gigs but no details have been worked out yet, just my honest opinion
Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »

That'd be cool to go to.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
00iceman
USER INFO »

From the AB MySpace blog...

Alter Bridge News 11-11-09
Current mood: rockin
Category: Music
Hello Alter Bridge Nation,

We are pleased to announce that full band writing sessions for our third album will resume in the first week of December when Myles will fly down to Florida. We hope to get the writing done by the end of January so that we may start recording in February. Mark is hard at work writing songs (he never stops) for the upcoming album as we speak. We are very excited to meet up in December and we will keep you posted when the process starts.

Right now, Myles is locked up in a recording studio until December laying down tracks for his solo project. We are all psyched to hear what our brother in music comes up with as we are sure it will be astounding. We’ll update you with more on this once Myles emerges from the studio.

For those of you who have yet to hear… Myles was tapped by none other than Slash to co-write and sing a song on Slash’s upcoming solo record. We know it was a dream come true for Myles as GNR was very influential to him. Here is a link to read some news on this…

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=129958
We also want to thank all of you fans for spreading the word and keeping our Live In Amsterdam DVD in the Top Ten on Amazon.com in Music DVD’s. We do not have any new news to report on when it will be available worldwide or for digital download, other than the fact that our management says they are working on it. You never know how long all this legal stuff will take, so our advice is to take advantage of the Amazon opportunity. Here is a direct link to purchase (the DVD should work on all computers)…

http://www.amazon.com/Alter-Bridge-L...7976072&sr=8-1
The only other news that we would like to convey is that we will be back with a vengeance in 2010. Don’t listen to what anyone else says. We are all very supportive of each other in all the projects we do, but never doubt that Alter Bridge is our soul. The plan is to have a new album out for you fans in the second half of 2010. We will tour again as soon as we get the album out. Thank you, again, for being patient while Mark, Brian, Myles and Flip all work on different projects.

We’ll let you know how the writing is coming along once we all get together to work out ”ABIII” (Working Title) in the first week of December. Until then, we hope you enjoy our DVD!

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I would love to see a Creed/Alter Bridge show when they came back to the states. I guess my only concern is how awkward is is going to be every night for Myles and Stapp to switch spots, let alone on the same tour together...talk about uncomfortable..

Maybe they will get pass that by singing together in some songs????? Make it a family feeling where Scott & Myles interact during each set???? Maybe I'm reaching but I would love to see all 6 of them have fun on stage and make a great moment of the performance......
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) well his whole context was about AB..so when he said HOPEFULLY tour with Creed i think he meant bring Myles along and open for Creed...he obviously is playing with creed so that leaves one other option...

Exactly how I interpreted it.....
Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
King Oropher
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Yeah, his message does not imply AB touring with Creed... he's referring to two separate events - writing with AB and then touring with Creed.

Ok, so why would he put 'hopefully' when Mark & Scott have confirmed that there will be an international tour????