++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #46
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I agree, there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying(and as I've said before, I believe some of what they say and some of what Stapp says) but I just don't believe Stapp's that awful of a person. And I don't think he deserves all this bashing that he seems to be getting from the guys who were, at one time, like brothers to him. Being a fan of Creed and of all the guys, I don't like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like, every interview.
Wow, you agree there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying. Glad to see you're not calling them bold-faced liars. And you don't believe that Stapp is that awful a person. Believe what you will. I think that the facts speak for themselves. And whether or not you like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like every interview, if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again. I guess you eventually tire of covering for someone who was once like a brother to you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #47
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again.

Exactly. I'm sure it get tiresome of having to explain it again and again. And then I think their frustration with interviewers comes out in the form of these statemtents about Stapp. Maybe they don't intentionally mean it to sound as negative as it does. Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #48
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Wow, you agree there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying. Glad to see you're not calling them bold-faced liars. And you don't believe that Stapp is that awful a person. Believe what you will. I think that the facts speak for themselves. And whether or not you like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like every interview, if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again. I guess you eventually tire of covering for someone who was once like a brother to you.

See, I never called them bold-faced liars. I'm a big Alter Bridge fan, I've stated that many times. I'm not bashing Mark or Flip. All I said is that I just don't believe everything they're saying. What they are saying might be 100% truth, but we don't know and I just, at the moment, don't believe it all. Facts? They haven't been proven 100%. Really, to me, it's just opinions, perspectives of Mark and Flip. It might be true and it might be false. We don't know that for sure. I don't take everything that Stapp says, everything that Tremonti says, as facts. I take it as opinions, perspectives of what happened. Some(or all like some believe) of it is truth, some(or all like some believe) is false. But the fact is, we really don't know how Stapp was/is. We don't know Stapp personally. The one thing I've maintained in this whole thread is that I'm just tired of the Stapp bashing. I wish Tremonti would stop bashing Stapp and just focus on the future. You're right, the media SHOULD stop asking. I never disagreed with that. But, Tremonti could easily(when asked the questions again) say "I've already made my opinion of Stapp clear, so there's no need to discuss it anymore." He could easily say that. And I'd love to hear that answer just once.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.

You know, I just started thinking about that possibility. Perhaps, because Kerrang is so anti-Creed, anti-Stapp, they took Mark's words out of context. Maybe Mark didn't even say all those things in that interview. Who knows.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Apparently he did. Never knew that before.........
I seriously doubt anyone of the guys are doing drugs now. They're all married, Flip is a father and Mark is about to be. I just can't see why they should...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #50
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Yeah, Lith that really REALLY bothered me to read about that, I wonder if anythign else will come out.
Dek, Terri, Steve, Agent D, y'all are saving me valuable time, now i just get to say, "I agree with that" rather type up some long-winded post that people will just misconsture or twist...So....Yea.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I seriously doubt anyone of the guys are doing drugs now. They're all married, Flip is a father and Mark is about to be. I just can't see why they should...

Oh, I agree with that.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #52
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Mark doesn't do drugs, I'm sure. He's so upset with his health and stuff... And I just can't see him working with people who are doing drugs. Especially not on tour. If they get drunk, so what? Just not infront of the fans or on stage. But drugs - well, I hope we will get a full story about this. I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #53
shiver
USER INFO »
Doh boy, where to start. When I said that stapp was mocking Christianity, I was talking about the interview where he said whatever about God man, see the month before, or week before, or whatever, I remember reading an interview with him in a Christian magazine where he admits he is a "Christian" and he found faith, and lalala. Then he says blah blah about being God man, and maybe he was joking, and even still its a slap in the face to me, and should be to other Christians, at least Christians in the true sense of the word. He also said in another interview with KATT, in OKC, that he wrote the new song about his newly refound faith, and then proceeds to talk about going to strip clubs and other crap. Thats what I was getting at. And the whole football analogy was a joke, at least the last part, GOSH!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:23 PM   #54
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

Thank you. I could not have said it better.

Is Stapp really that awful of a person? Well, let's look at what we do know: Flip went with Mark. Management went with Mark. The crew went with Mark. Brian Marshall, who once sued them collectively is back with Mark. Some of Stapp's closest childhood friends are with Mark. Are all those people mean spirited and Stapp is just mis-understood?

And why is it that Stapp behaves the way he does, but as soon as said behavior is commented upon it becomes "bashing"? It's like the elephant in the room that no one is supposed to talk about.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #55
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Doh boy, where to start. When I said that stapp was mocking Christianity, I was talking about the interview where he said whatever about God man, see the month before, or week before, or whatever, I remember reading an interview with him in a Christian magazine where he admits he is a "Christian" and he found faith, and lalala. Then he says blah blah about being God man, and maybe he was joking, and even still its a slap in the face to me, and should be to other Christians, at least Christians in the true sense of the word.

That's what I thought you meant. Let me go pull up the interview in question, as I'm fuzzy about the exact quote.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp/MTV) MTV: Do you fear that "Relearn Love" will be taken as proof that Creed, and you personally, were Christian rock?

Stapp: No, because I'm not evangelical. I'm not doing this to try to preach this to people or to try to make people believe in what I believe in. I'm not handing out Bibles at my shows, and just like with Creed, not all of my [solo] songs are going to be about my spiritual life. It's a part of my life.

MTV: What if the negative criticism comes up again? Are you better prepared now?

Stapp: I'll just address it and be honest about it. If the Christian thing comes up again, maybe I'll put on a Superman suit with "God" in the front and be God-Man. Maybe I'll make a satire out of it. What can you do except deal with it?

At the end of the day, the people who know you, whom you love, are the only ones I'm accountable to.

I'm a very devout Christian(Roman Catholic to be exact) and I'm not bothered at all by that comment. He was only joking when he said that. I think people really overreact sometimes. He wasn't serious. If he was, I'd be offended.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #56
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) And why is it that Stapp behaves the way he does, but as soon as said behavior is commented upon it becomes "bashing"? It's like the elephant in the room that no one is supposed to talk about.

It's bashing to me because Mark has only gotten more negative in his comments about Scott. I'm not saying Stapp is some angel. He's not, nor are Mark, Flip or Brian. They've all made mistakes, that's only human. All I'm saying is that I don't believe Stapp is the worst person ever, like Mark(in recent interviews) has made him out to be. Of course, we really don't know what went on, so perhaps everything Mark is saying is true. I don't believe it is, but it's possible.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #57
shiver
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) That's what I thought you meant. Let me go pull up the interview in question, as I'm fuzzy about the exact quote.

I'm a very devout Christian(Roman Catholic to be exact) and I'm not bothered at all by that comment. He was only joking when he said that. I think people really overreact sometimes. He wasn't serious. If he was, I'd be offended.

Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.

But as a Christian aren't you here to spread the word of God? I agree that that was never Creed's message. I even defended that, because people would ask me, if Creed is a Christian band, why did I see this, or hear this. So when I see someone say they are a Christian, and then do things that aren't Christ like, I have to question that person. And I know we're all sinners, but we are also to repent, and strive to do whats right. And thou shall not judge, but Jesus calls us to, in the Bible, if I had more time I'd look it up exactly, but he says to judge those who say they are Christians, only to show a different side, only of course if we aren't doing the same.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #58
titan9
USER INFO »
You've brought up some good points. You're right, we're here to spread the word of God and Christ. But Stapp, at the moment, doesn't feel like God is calling him to become a Christian artist and be evangelical. I highly doubt Stapp intended to mock Christianity by joking around about calling himself "God-man". If he did intend to mock Christianity, then that upsets me. But if he didn't and wasn't even serious, I'm not offended by that. The way I took it was that he was joking, so it doesn't upset me one bit. But I can understand if some are upset by it.

Old 01-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #59
Agent D
USER INFO »
I don't think every Christian is meant to be evangelical. Some have it, others don't. The fact is that Creed was labled a Christian band because the general public is stupid enough to think that if a rock band uses the name Gabriel or God in song lyrics, then they must be Christian, even if the song isn't praising God (which none of Creed's music did). Hell, people even called Evanescence a Christian band for a short period after they debuted.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #60
shiver
USER INFO »
Well, It just kinda irks me when people, especially people in the public eye, come out and say they are Christians, and don't live by it. Your supposed to know a Christian by the way they live their life, and it seems too many people jump on the God bandwagon because its cool at the time, but they don't really want to live a Christian life, because it's too hard or no fun. Thats how I see stapp. When the Passion came out, everybody was on the Jesus bandwagon. But now, where are those peoples? Anyway I think this might be a bit off topic, My whole main point to begin with is that stapp seems to go thru these phases and to me Mark and the others seem to be a little more trustworthy, in my opinion, than stapp. It will remain that way until I see otherwise. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well,uh, yoo...you can't fool me again," as the wise G.W. Bush once said.
Closed Thread