++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Big Snow Storm/Blizzard

I just wanted to let all of you that have been hit by the storm that I've been thinking of you today. I heard about the flooding in Tennessee, all the snow in the Virginia/DC area and in Philadelphia. I hope everyone is safe and warm.

I hope you can make it home from the hospital tonight, Jen!!! You must be going crazy being there for so long!! I thought of you when I was watching the weather channel this morning and they were in DC and you couldn't even see the Capitol building because of the snow!!

They're predicting a foot or more here in CT.

Relearn Love
Old 02-16-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah I am gonna try to get home tonight. I am a true "northerner" but i am a little scared of the others on the road!!!! I can't stay here another night, I got only 3 hours of sleep last night and have worked 12 hours today, so I am tired and I am hitting the coffee because it is gonna take me forever to get home! Wish me luck!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-16-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Sending safety vibes your way~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
Sending safety vibes your way~~~~~~~~~

Thank you !!!!! Much appreciated!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good luck, Jen, and stay safe. I know what you mean about the other drivers. I worry about their driving, not mine, LOL!
Old 02-16-2003, 06:33 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Me too, Jen!! I know what it's like to drive in that kind of weather, it's not fun. I've had 2-2 1/2 hour drives home during a snow storm. It's really draining and you're right, the other drivers are what worry me too. You must be exhausted after working so long today on only a few hours sleep. Just take it easy, you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Relearn Love
Old 02-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, Jen. Be careful, and make sure you have some hot chocolate and Milanos when you get home !!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:39 PM   #8
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
...oh no.....a foot....

I get blizzards liek that every week, and we get 3-5 feet of snow all the time. Also with roads covered in solid ice. you couldnt crash on teh higways cuz they closed all teh highways down, black ice everwhere, closed school for 2 days. Each week we get a blizzard where the closet you can see is about 2 meters in front of you, everything else is white.

IN MY OLD HOME in PEI we had 2 METERS OF SNOW one day that blocked our doorways and we couldnt even get outta the house. Luckely it was puffy and the next days wind blew it all away and onto these gient 3 meter drifts. I was like 2 then so i dont remeber it but ive seen pictures

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 02-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #9
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
Me too, Jen!!  I know what it's like to drive in that kind of weather, it's not fun.  I've had 2-2 1/2 hour drives home during a snow storm.  It's really draining and you're right, the other drivers are what worry me too.  You must be exhausted after working so long today on only a few hours sleep.   Just take it easy, you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks guys I am safe at home now!! It was a nightmare of a ride home, it took me a long time, and I could not go past 25 mph!!! For me that is a BIG deal, I am usually a speed demon:embarass: But it was horrible the roads were barely plowed and I saw cars on thier sides and people off the road etc... I never prayed so much in such a short period of time I feel like I have been drug through a key hole!!!! Well needless to say I am home and happy. I can't thank you all enough for thinking of me and wishing me a safe trip home! I put in some Creed and immediatlely my anxiety was decreased!!! God i love CREED! Anyone out there in this PLEASE be safe it is terrible!!!

Dogstar, you know it, I am drinking hot chocolate and eating Milano's LOL Please be safe in your travels tonight!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-17-2003, 05:35 PM   #10
Sheila63
USER INFO »
So glad to here you made it home safely, Jen. I drove home from work today during the storm here and I was very grateful that there wasn't as many people working as usual (since it's President's Day today) so there were less people on the road than usual. I put some Creed in my cd player and just took it nice and slow too. The hardest part for me was when I had to get my car moving again after having to stop!!! My tires were spinning in the snow. I was just praying for the traffic lights to stay green.:P

Relearn Love
Old 02-17-2003, 05:44 PM   #11
Scutley
USER INFO »
jen i hope you can get home. I bet you are so upset and hope all is safe and sound there is it still falling. well take care of yourself and i hope you can get home. stay safe.

Cast your vote for OLP to win the Fan Choice Award at the Juno Awards.

From ourladypeace.cc:
Juno Award Nominations
Group of the Year, Single of the Year ("Innocent") and Music DVD of the Year ("Our Lady Peace Live")

From ourladypeace.cc:
OLP 6th Major Release CD
Tentative Date
JUNE 2004
Old 02-17-2003, 09:46 PM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Scutley
jen i hope you can get home. I bet you are so upset and hope all is safe and sound there is it still falling. well take care of yourself and i hope you can get home. stay safe.

Ah thanks! Yeah I got home OK after a lot of white knuckled driving!! My yankee driving skills came in handy. I could only go 25 mph to got home it really sucked! But I got home safe and that is what is important. I saw a lot of overturned cars and even an ambulance on my way home from work!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-18-2003, 11:35 AM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Xterminator27
...oh no.....a foot....  

I get blizzards liek that every week, and we get 3-5 feet of snow all the time. Also with roads covered in solid ice. you couldnt crash on teh higways cuz they closed all teh highways down, black ice everwhere, closed school for 2 days. Each week we get a blizzard where the closet you can see is about 2 meters in front of you, everything else is white.

IN MY OLD HOME in PEI we had 2 METERS OF SNOW one day that blocked our doorways and we couldnt even get outta the house. Luckely it was puffy and the next days wind blew it all away and onto these gient 3 meter drifts. I was like 2 then so i dont remeber it but ive seen pictures

All I have to say is, it's such a small world. I couldn't believe when I read your post Xterminator. My parents are from PEI (Prince Edward Island) and my oldest sister was born there too. I used to spend a few weeks there every summer growing up because most of relatives lived there when I was younger and still do today. I haven't been to the island in quite awhile but I remember hearing about the snowstorms from my parents. They get some wicked storms there.

Relearn Love
Old 02-18-2003, 09:37 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
I had a funny time today outside. My car was stuck in my front driveway so I went out to shovel, the snow was real heavy and wet and my car is low to the ground being a Honda Accord, so I shoveled and shoveled. My husband comes out and says "oh you don't need to shovel, just drive through it!" I laughed in his face yeah right drive through 10 inches of snow when the undercarraige of my car is practically burried. So he decides to go to the back of the house and get his truck and try to drive up our other driveway which is a hill. I looked at him and said " no way are you getting up the hill" Well needless to say the BET WAS ON!!!!!! He proceeded to get in his truck and try to go up the hill full of snow, I just stood there are watched and laughed to myself. He made it half way and all the sudden the whole back end of his truck slides sideways down our hill..... LMAO!!!! I was laughing uncontrollably and thought you idiot I told you so!!!! So he was all pissed off cause I was right. So he was just gonna leave it there, WELL me the stubborn woman who ALWAYS has to prove a point decided to get a shovel and dig out the truck!!!!! It took me 2 hours and I got it out, and looked at him in the window and just laughed!!! I felt like a boasting man who defeated his worst enemy!!!!:lol: But now the joke is on me because I can barely move my back Oh yeah, all over proving a point!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good for you proving the point, Jen. I'm just sorry you had to do it in such a physical manner. Sorry you're so sore.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.