++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #61
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
when even die hard fans stop buying into your shit, that kinda says a lot.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #62
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
The show was probably their worst ever. They've already offered reduced-price (essentially free) shows before due to performances they thought didn't live up to their high standards. Why, then, didnt they do that in Chicago? It boggles my mind...

You'd think if they cared for the fans they'd bend over backwards to try and make right the massive amount of disrespect shoveled on the fans that night. Legality was never an issue at their other sub-par shows. Gimme a break.

Yes, they've given free shows before...but there is no rule that says they have too. I think timing was more of a problem then, being it was at the very end of the tour. Too hard to schedule, so it probably wasn't even considered. There probably wasn't even a thought about the legality of it. If this had accured during the beginning or middle of the tour....you may have recieved your show. This was the second to the last show. No way could they just re-schedule it.
There's also no rule that says a band must respect their fans. Many don't, some do. It's good business to please the fans, but many will buy the CD's and go to shows either way. The biggest selling bands are not always the most fan friendly. I guess that says a lot about human nature too.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 08-03-2003, 04:14 PM   #63
velocityidp
USER INFO »
At this point, the only thing that will clear this up for me is (if the suit is pursued) seeing the video in the courtroom.

And I'm still a huge fan of Creed's music as well as Stapp/Trem/Flip/Brett. This whole incident has just left a bad taste in my mouth -- it's not the end of the world, but it is very dissapointing to say the least.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #64
JenRN
USER INFO »
The best thing they could do is put out and INCREDIBLE new Cd and put on a spectacular tour with lots of cool contests etc... If you keep looking back at how things "should of been" you can never go forward!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #65
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by njcreedite
Yes, they've given free shows before...but there is no rule that says they have too.  
Well duh. That's not the point though.

Quote:
There's also no rule that says a band must respect their fans.  Many don't, some do.  It's good business to please the fans.
Well duh. I'm not talking legalities here. There's no rule that says Scott has to use a microphone while he sings, but everyone expects him to. Good grief!

This is about respecting the fans as Creed has always sought to. Creed has been VERY good to their fans, but this one occasion stands out.

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #66
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>The best thing they could do is put out and INCREDIBLE new Cd and put on a spectacular tour with lots of cool contests etc... If you keep looking back at how things "should of been" you can never go forward! </b>

Exactly right Jen.

oh....and Velocitydp....DUH!!! No kidding.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 08-04-2003, 04:19 PM   #67
Julbright
USER INFO »
Velocitydp - I am right with you again. You know I was a little disappointed to lose the money but the real loss was my disappointment in the whole process. They have no right to call me a liar and state that I am attacking their character - give me a break. It is so frustrating to those of us who were there becuase he is lying about it and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but he blew that when he made these statements. I really believed he would get honest with himself and with us at some point and these statements really set me back.

And being a good fan does not mean that you only say positive things about the band. Just as in any relationship, you take the good with the bad and there will be bad times. The fact that this whole fiasco infuriates me sometimes does not take away from my ability to enjoy Creed or be a loyal fan. I just am apalled that they took my money and ran away laughing, and now they have decided to call me a liar. If I went to a movie and it quit half way through I would hope the theater would offer me the opportunity to come back and see the movie in its entirety again. I want a free show and the money is useless. I want to experience Scott Stapp is all his wonderful passion and intensity. That is what I want and that is what he deprived me of. And since I am sure he has still has plenty of passion and intensity lying around (no pun intended) he can surely pull it together and honor my loyalty by giving me another chance to see him.

Velocity - I got your back. I agree with you totally.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #68
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
Well duh. That's not the point though.

Well duh. I'm not talking legalities here. There's no rule that says Scott has to use a microphone while he sings, but everyone expects him to. Good grief! &nbsp;

This is about respecting the fans as Creed has always sought to. Creed has been VERY good to their fans, but this one occasion stands out.

V---- I found your 'duh' remarks rather rude. You expect Stapp/Creed to give respect to their fans, perhaps you should practice your preaching respect here too. Or, just face the fact that humans have weaknesses. We love them when they are on top and strong, we put them on pedestals - then if they do ONE thing we don't like we regurgitate the incident over and over like a bunch of cows in a pasture.
As for truth and honesty - we are not talking about a murder here! And, like Dogstar pointed out..they are dealing with media/public relations messes with masses...I wouldn't expect an honest/real quote within that framework of the situation anyway...but I am damn sure excited about their music in the future and know those lyrics will reveal their humble truth and passion of living authentically - as they always have!
Let’s leave…oh let’s get away
Run in fields of time
Where there’s no reason to hide
Old 08-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #69
aprile89
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Or, just face the fact that humans have weaknesses. &nbsp;We love them when they are on top and strong, we put them on pedestals - then if they do ONE thing we don't like we regurgitate the incident over and over like a bunch of cows in a pasture. &nbsp;
[/i]

I have to disagree with you to a certain point. In my book they are still on the pedestal BUT the way they have gone about this SUCKS. In my opinion *note the MY in that sentence* If you were not at the show you have NO idea what we saw. I mean you can get an Good idea, but the visions of Scott rolling around on the floor, walking off of the stage, forgetting the lyrics, sitting in front of Flips drums most of the night and then *SUPPOSEDLY* saying that he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about and it was a personal gesture?? I find that alleged comment offensive. I KNEW as soon as he stepped out on stage he wasn't right....... So to me his personal GESTURE lasted for an hour or so... give or take with his little episode of walking off the stage over and over again ....
Old 08-04-2003, 05:18 PM   #70
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Mans Eyes OUR defiled with evil you dont call a good thing evil>>>WHY HAVE THE BROKE OUR CORDS FROMS US AND WHY DO THE IMANGINE A VAIN THING>>>PSLAMS theres nothing new under the sun that was not before And shall be again>>>Creed IM FOR YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY >>> MAY GODS LOVE KEEP YOU AND GUIDE YOU
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #71
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
V---- I found your 'duh' remarks rather rude. You expect Stapp/Creed to give respect to their fans, perhaps you should practice your preaching respect here too. &nbsp;
I'll take that criticism. Wasn't meant to be disrespectful -- I mean, everyone knows that "respecting fans" is not a law. Typed letters never 100% correctly represent what the author is trying to articulate. I was talking in a more playfull manner and wasn't trying to be rude/mean.

Quote: Or, just face the fact that humans have weaknesses. &nbsp;...then if they do ONE thing we don't like we regurgitate the incident over and over like a bunch of cows in a pasture.

Well, it wasn't ONE thing. His "one" thing was the simple fact that he went on stage they way he did. If he would have simply apologized, I would have fogiven him (I've said this from the very beginning). However, multiple other mistakes/lies were purpotrated since then. We all have weaknesses, but that doesn't mean we can't point out a wrongdoing and call him on it. Humans may have weaknesses, but they also have responsibilities.

Quote: As for truth and honesty - we are not talking about a murder here!
So somebody has to be murdered before one can be held accountable for his/her actions? I fail to understand this point. Truth and honesty matter REGARDLESS of the circumstances. I don't believe in moral reletivism.

Quote:
And, like Dogstar pointed out..they are dealing with media/public relations messes with masses...I wouldn't expect an honest/real quote within that framework of the situation anyway...
That's moral reletivism again. I fully expect anyone to tell the truth no matter what the circumstances. An honest and forthright man would tell the truth and let the cards fall where they may. Heck, if Stapp would have done that to begin with, he wouldn't be in this mess. Now he's just going to have to keep lying to keep his story straight. What a pity.

Quote: humble truth and passion of living authentically - as they always have!
Yeah I look forward to the next album too, but come on -- "humble truth" and "authenticity" are the last words I'm going to use to describe Stapp right now. I am not saying I'm better than Stapp, because I've purpotrated my fair share of sins, but I'm not going to refrain from speaking the truth.

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-04-2003, 05:59 PM   #72
velocityidp
USER INFO »
ZION.. dude, what in the heck are you talking about?? I'm a Christian, but your nonsensical "Biblical" ramblings are starting to get out of hand.

1) You're not making sense
2) You're acting like some kind of relentless Bible-thumper -- two things Christ never was

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-04-2003, 06:08 PM   #73
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Just FYI, Zion is a girl. I didn't know until she mentioned it in another thread. I do have to agree with your bible thumping comment. It's getting out of hand and is pretty much one big run on sentence.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #74
velocityidp
USER INFO »
It's not even a sentance :P

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 PM   #75
Lechium
USER INFO »
I dont get what's going on?
creed gave a bad concert
than they cover it up by lies, and saying that concert was full of artistic statements
and some of you still saying that everything is happenign the way it should be
what the hell? just admit it -- they fucked up and arent men enough to admit that they did.