++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-16-2007, 06:07 AM   #1756
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

August 16th

"Facing trials."

We have strength and courage to face the trials of this life because we can look beyond them to the glory that God has in store for us. We know the sacrifices we make now will be rewarded by God.

What we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will give us later. For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse. All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. And even we Christians, although we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, also groan to be released from pain and suffering. We, too, wait anxiously for that day when God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us. Now that we are saved, we eagerly look forward to this freedom. For if you already have something, you don't need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently.

Romans 8:18-25

Heaven

Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 AM   #1757
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 17th

"Summer sky."

The sky was painted with a hundred different colors and hues. Pinks, reds, oranges, blues, lavenders, and golds blended into a canvas of glory and light. God in His awesome beauty once again presented the proof of His existence. Time and again God offers us signs of His power and wonder. If we will just keep our eyes open, the truth of God's existence will present itself over and over. God gives graciously to His children. Relax and enjoy the show that God puts on. It is nothing less than perfection.

Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with hounour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain.

Psalm 104:1, 2

Heaven

Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #1758
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 18th

"There is no end."

The truth is often as simple as it is sweet... If Jesus is our life, then our life has no end.

To me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Philippians 1:21

Heaven

Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #1759
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 19th

"The Gospel of Jesus."

This statement is both a reminder of God's glorious grace and also of our need to share that grace with others.

He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

1 John 5:12

Heaven

Old 08-20-2007, 06:33 AM   #1760
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 20th

"God's grace."

There are many things that can trouble our lives, but none that can shake us loose from the grip of God's grace if our hearts remain close to Jesus as our Lord, and our hope remains focused on the Lord's return. If Jesus is our Lord, then all of life's greatest blessings lie ahead of us and we will let nothing rob us of this coming glory!

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 16:8

Heaven

Old 08-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #1761
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 22nd

"Paul's point."

If God gave up his Son to save me, what would he not give up to bless us and keep us! That's Paul's point. In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, he tells us we are bought with a price to encourage us toward holiness. Here, he makes the same point, but to give us assurance. Isn't it amazing how the truth of God's grace contains such a multifaceted blessing.

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all -- how will he not also, along with him, give us all things?

Romans 8:32

Heaven

Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #1762
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 23rd

"Share the love."

Greed causes so many problems. We only want a little bit more, but each time we take a little, we leave less for others. God gives great things to His people, but when they continually look for ways to get more, then He is not so free to give. There are too many people who will appreciate what the Lord has to give. God will bring low those who try to take more than their share. His love is freely given, but it is given to be shared, not taken advantage of.

Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity.

Psalm 106:43

Heaven

Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #1763
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 24th

"Reality check."

Often we need to have a terrible trial in order to remember what it means to be truly thankful. Our praise is from the heart when we have been in danger or discomfort. Bad situations help us to appreciate how good our lives can be. Even in trial, God reaches through to help us to a deeper understanding of ourselves.

Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name , and to triumph in thy praise.

Psalm 107:2,3

Heaven

Old 08-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #1764
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 25th

There is a quiet resting place,
Where peace and joy are found;
Where burdens may be laid aside
And faith and love abound.

~Moore

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.

Isaiah 40:31

Heaven

Old 08-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #1765
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 26th

"I belong."

One of the key realities of Christianity is belonging. I belong to God. I belong to Jesus. I belong to Jesus' body the Church. I have a place and a purpose in that body. I belong!

Just as each of us has a one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Romans 12:4-5

Heaven

Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #1766
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 27th

"The soil of Eden."

Our bodies originated in the soil of Eden. It should not surprise us that they are sustained by food that grows from the soil. Every source of food ultimately finds its nourishment in the soil, and that nourishment sustains our bodies. Likewise, our souls were created by the breath of God in Eden; it should not surprise us that the Word of God, which is inspired, or "God breathed," sustains our souls. If we plan to eat food each day to keep our body alive, shouldn't we also plan to feast on God's Word each day to sustain our soul?

Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.

Jeremiah 15:16

I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations.

Isaiah 8:16

For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.

Job 23:11-12

Heaven

Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 AM   #1767
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 28th

"The storms of life."

Our lives are like tempest-tossed boat rides sometimes. We climb to breathtaking heights and fall to desperate lows, and there are times when we feel as though we just can't go on. The Lord understands these feelings. He was exalted on Sunday and nailed to a cross just five days later. He has experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, and He, too, felt Himself melt in the face of distress. It is well to remember that the Lord is with us, and He can truly be of help to us because He has walked our path before us. When the storms of life toss us the hardest, that is when we can count on the Lord to be closest.

They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths :their soul is melted because of trouble.

Psalm 107:26

Heaven

Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #1768
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 30th

"God allows us to do valiantly."

Things we never thought possible become almost commonplace. God will enable us to do things we never even dreamed of. Rely upon the Lord, and He will help you conquer the enemies of your heart and mind that threaten to make you less than He wants you to be.

Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Psalm 108:13

Heaven

Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 AM   #1769
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 31st

"Kneeling posture."

Worship is more than our heart, soul, and words offered to God. It's our posture. When we understand the grace he has given us to be called his children, what else can we do but bow down. We come to him as a conquering ruler in full submission, and he chooses to treat us tenderly, like a loving shepherd.

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

Psalm 95:6-7

Heaven

Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #1770
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 1st

"Show the children."

Life is not about intellectual lessons, but about integrating truth into the fabric of our daily lives. God calls us to move our children and their training up on the list of our priorities.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Heaven