++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
R.I.P. cjme

Evening folks. I have not had the pleasure of meeting many of you, as my appearances here aren't as common as they once were. But I do know a good many of you personally and wanted to share this news with you.

I have something to say about 'internet friends'. It is about the friendships that we make here on this and other message boards.

I got some horrible news tonight when I got home from work. A very dear friend of mine, one that I had never met in person, but spoke with on the phone countless times was killed in a terrible accident last August. I just found out about it this evening. Why did I let so much time pass without calling her? Why didn't I press the issue when I didn't get a Christmas card from her as I always had in the past? Why didn't it occur to me when her emails stopped?

Several years back I met this lovely German woman who had married an American Army soldier. They were living in Racine, WI with their two children. He was deployed around the same time as my husband. Her husband went to Iraq, mine went to Kuwait. This woman and I met on another Creed message board through a mutual friend and immediately became friends. She joined up here and posted under the screenname 'cjme'. I IM'd with her at least 3 times a week, and we spoke on the phone at least twice a month. Her husband came home before mine did and when he did, she confided to me that things had changed. They eventually separated and I was a source of comfort to her, and she continued to be a source of comfort to me as my husband was still overseas.

Now, several years later, we had not been in as much contact as we had before and I suppose the emails got fewer and fewer, but that didn't mean I didn't think of her all the time, especially when I'd hear a Creed song.

When I got home from work tonight, another of our mutual friends had sent me an email with an article about the accident. A dump truck ran a red light hitting our friend's car and took her from us almost immediately. This happened on August 14. All the air was knocked from my lungs. I had just taken a casserole out of the oven and didn't have any desire to touch it. I let the family eat while I sat in wonder.

I'll miss her friendship, I'll miss her sense of humor, I'll miss what we shared but most of all, I've learned not to take 'internet friends' for granted. Each and every one of you has posted something that has made me smile or touched me in some way. I wanted to let you know that it makes a difference and will continue to do so.

People may scoff at 'internet friends' but those of us who have made lasting friendships over the internet would beg to differ. I'm closer to some of my 'internet friends' than I am to my own real-life friends.

Life is short, enjoy what it brings us while we are here. So quickly, things change.

Teri

Rest in peace, Tati.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: R.I.P. cjme

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll pray her children.

-Homer Simpson

Old 01-31-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

Oh Gosh, Teri i am so sorry I remember seeing cjme here on many occasions but like some other she didn't come around for a while. I'm not sure if I had talked to her on the boards, besides maybe hello or something, but I don't think I was all that close to her. I always notice everyone who comes to the board though.

You and her family will be in my prayers
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Evening folks. I have not had the pleasure of meeting many of you, as my appearances here aren't as common as they once were. But I do know a good many of you personally and wanted to share this news with you.

I have something to say about 'internet friends'. It is about the friendships that we make here on this and other message boards.

I got some horrible news tonight when I got home from work. A very dear friend of mine, one that I had never met in person, but spoke with on the phone countless times was killed in a terrible accident last August. I just found out about it this evening. Why did I let so much time pass without calling her? Why didn't I press the issue when I didn't get a Christmas card from her as I always had in the past? Why didn't it occur to me when her emails stopped?

Several years back I met this lovely German woman who had married an American Army soldier. They were living in Racine, WI with their two children. He was deployed around the same time as my husband. Her husband went to Iraq, mine went to Kuwait. This woman and I met on another Creed message board through a mutual friend and immediately became friends. She joined up here and posted under the screenname 'cjme'. I IM'd with her at least 3 times a week, and we spoke on the phone at least twice a month. Her husband came home before mine did and when he did, she confided to me that things had changed. They eventually separated and I was a source of comfort to her, and she continued to be a source of comfort to me as my husband was still overseas.

Now, several years later, we had not been in as much contact as we had before and I suppose the emails got fewer and fewer, but that didn't mean I didn't think of her all the time, especially when I'd hear a Creed song.

When I got home from work tonight, another of our mutual friends had sent me an email with an article about the accident. A dump truck ran a red light hitting our friend's car and took her from us almost immediately. This happened on August 14. All the air was knocked from my lungs. I had just taken a casserole out of the oven and didn't have any desire to touch it. I let the family eat while I sat in wonder.

I'll miss her friendship, I'll miss her sense of humor, I'll miss what we shared but most of all, I've learned not to take 'internet friends' for granted. Each and every one of you has posted something that has made me smile or touched me in some way. I wanted to let you know that it makes a difference and will continue to do so.

People may scoff at 'internet friends' but those of us who have made lasting friendships over the internet would beg to differ. I'm closer to some of my 'internet friends' than I am to my own real-life friends.

Life is short, enjoy what it brings us while we are here. So quickly, things change.

Teri

Rest in peace, Tati.

I'm sorry for your loss. I couldn't agree more with what you wrote at the end - very true.

Take care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Oh my God, I'm so sorry, Teri. I didn't know her as well as you did, but I do remember conversing with her here. That is just terrible news. You are so right about internet friends. They are real friends indeed, and I'm grateful for all of them. R.I.P, cjme
Old 02-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Im sorry for hear that...and i agree with you I made some special friends here on internet , specially trhough CreedFeed ...and sometimes I consider them even closer than friends of my 'real life'...I know I can tell and share my problems, my doubts and of course my moments of happiness... cuz they are real friends!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
bilal
USER INFO »

i appreciate your feelings TeriB19...and i pray for strength for the family and all those who are affected by this tragedy....
Old 02-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #8
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Thank You TeriB i do feel the pain of your loss, i knew her as well, not as well as you of course, great writer too, i know how you feel i love all of my internet friends too dearly the ones here at the feed,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You