++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-25-2003, 10:24 PM   #31
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You may be right about me not having a problem with him under those circumstances, but anything that is said about Creed that is positive could never be considered idiodic. In my opinion, that is.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:06 PM   #32
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I don't think I have ever seen you post cusswords, Matt.
That must have ticked you off, too.
How have you been?
Old 07-25-2003, 11:12 PM   #33
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Oh i cuss sometimes...believe me...just cuz ya haven't seen it...doesnt mean it aint there (it's like the wind)....that guy was obviously smoking crack when he wrote that.....
i guess im in a bit of a cussing mood today...dunno why...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 07-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #34
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Nothing wrong with a little cussing. I do it way more then I should. I think he was on crack, too...........and obviously not the good stuff. LOL!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:50 PM   #35
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
You may be right about me not having a problem with him under those circumstances, but anything that is said about Creed that is positive could never be considered idiodic. In my opinion, that is.

If someone would say that they are greatest group of musician and songwrites ever lived, and stapp has best voice ever and theyir compositional skills are unparalleled... i mean come on saying that abiu any band is idiotic.
You're just a fan turned fanatic, so guess you dont see that lol
Old 07-26-2003, 01:18 AM   #36
Rune
USER INFO »
well...whenever someone makes fun of creed...i usually just tell them to make their own album and sell at least 5 million copies...at which point i will care what they think.....lol, that's just me
Old 07-26-2003, 03:11 AM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>To get a job in a decent newspaper most times you need a degree in journalism or such.
If he's got one -- he can write better than most of you guys.
I did find article to be somewhat harsh and you are fast to dismiss it as a pile of bullshit just because you disagree with it so much.

<i>Compare Stapp's decontextualized quasi-hope to the above-mentioned Guthrie and Marley songs, where there's some type of vision of a better world. When Guthrie sings "the cops and soldiers nailed him in the air/and they layed Jesus Christ in his grave," he's angry at the capitalist state. When Marley sings "one bright morning when my work is over/I will fly away home," you at least know that he's unsatisfied with the state of affairs in Jamaica but that he has hope for its future. Stapp doesn't give us any clues he's just a whiner riding the spiritual obscurantist gravy train. </i>
right on.
so before you say that claims in thsi articles are unfound -- read it again, oki? </b>

Reading it once was enough. I stand by what I said before. He needs a decent editor, that's for sure. And correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you will), but that web site looked like the site for a COLLEGE newspaper, the University of Michigan's. As I said, he's still learning.

And how would you know how well people on this bb write? Don't be so quick to judge.

Why is it incumbent on Stapp to offer some sort of hope through his lyrics? Can't people just write what they feel? If he was having trouble in his spiritual life, he can't simply write about it without offering some sort of closure or solution? I don't have a problem understanding the man's lyrics.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:09 AM   #38
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Rune
well...whenever someone makes fun of creed...i usually just tell them to make their own album and sell at least 5 million copies...at which point i will care what they think.....lol, that's just me

Britney Spears had sold more than creed... does that make her better musician? lol
Old 07-26-2003, 01:27 PM   #39
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Britney Spears had sold more than creed... does that make her better musician? lol

Musician?? Does she play an instrument?? I don't think she even writes any of her songs, does she?

Nope, how much you sell doesn't make you better, just more popular. Granted "Weathered" isn't my favorite of Creed's 3 CD's, but I strongly believe the critic was unfairly negatively biased towards Creed. If this critic had said it was their greatest CD and one of the best CD's ever....I would have felt the critic was biased in the opposite way toward Creed. I don't care if someone likes them or not. I do feel that people writing for public publications should make an effort to be truthful and fair. If you really don't like some one...don't choose to review them.
I also don't buy my CD's based on critics opinions...same with which movies I choose to see. I like to make up my own mind.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 07-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #40
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by njcreedite

&nbsp; I also don't buy my CD's based on critics opinions...same with which movies I choose to see. &nbsp;I like to make up my own mind.

I feel the same way, Linda. To me, a critic is just a person with an opinion like anyone else. Granted I know it's their job and all but I still make up my own mind whether or not I want to buy a cd or see a movie.

Relearn Love
Old 07-26-2003, 03:07 PM   #41
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by njcreedite
Musician?? &nbsp;Does she play an instrument?? &nbsp;I don't think she even writes any of her songs, does she? &nbsp;

Voice is a musical instrument, therefore singers are musicians.

Also review is a mere oppinion, and asking for oppinion to be fair... oh come on. Guy said what he thinks about them. You dont like that -- your call, but I'm sure what he said had resonated with some people.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #42
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Are you sure she even uses her voice.....she lip synces half the time.....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 07-27-2003, 06:45 AM   #43
Lechium
USER INFO »
well i think she does use her voice when she records albums...
lip synking is sadly a standart as of now anyhow
Old 07-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #44
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Voice is a musical instrument, therefore singers are musicians.

Also review is a mere oppinion, and asking for oppinion to be fair... oh come on. Guy said what he thinks about them. You dont like that -- your call, but I'm sure what he said had resonated with some people.

You are absolutely correct...voice is a musical instrument...my mistake.

You are also correct in saying that a review is a mere opinion.
I believe 100% that this gentleman had the right to write his opinion any way he wanted too. It's just his opinion, and I have the right to agree or disagree with him. He certainly didn't try to hide the fact that he is not a Creed fan. I thank him for that. This way people know immediately that he is biased. I'm sure there are almost as many people who agree with him as disagree.
I happen to be one who disagrees. I don't (as I've mentioned earlier) think it's Creed's best work, but I still enjoy the CD.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 07-27-2003, 11:13 PM   #45
velocityidp
USER INFO »
The individual who wrote that peice was obviously very biased against Creed. One of the tennants of journalism is to be as unbiased as possible -- even in editorial articles.

I don't consider that journalism or even valid criticism. Relating it to the world of politics, it's about as valid as Rush Limbaugh. Whenever an article title has the word "suckcore" in it, and tells the reader "we must hate Creed," any intelligent person's instant reaction should be a smug smile and a quick dismissal of any ideas brought forward.

That guy, Nick Woomer, was laughable. The only reason his "article" was ever published is because it was a University paper that has very low standards and relishes getting reactions out of people.

Anyone who thinks it's journalism is, frankly, pretty dim-whitted.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed