++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #46
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The think is that Flip and Tremo are enjoying their new "lives" doin' what they like to do. And i agree with you....i won't support Stapp anymore...i would never though to say that.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:10 PM   #47
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) StillaCreedFan, thanks for pointing that out, but you might just be wasting your breath...it appears that opinions have been drawn, minds have been closed and many have made their decisions...that's not to say that they probably won't be changed down the line...

Of course once the solo album is out he will be singing entirely new stuff...they know that too...seems that sometimes people just have to have something to "bitch" about...

btw..."Gone Blind" looks NOTHING like the band members of "Alter Bridge" formerly known as "Creed"......at least from where i was sitting...

so what if we are biased? show me one person ANYWHERE who isnt.you most certainly arent.at least there is reasoning behind our opinions, vs
AB spent less than a year putting together their new CD, in which time they played absolutely NO creed songs.
if stapp wants any credibility to his solo career, he needs to stop playing Creed songs, make his music, and get it recorded, or tell these ppl he wont play creed songs, or better yet, stop making public appearances til hes done recording.
no offense, but where your sitting doesnt seem to have a lot of credibility to it.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #48
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: so what if we are biased? show me one person ANYWHERE who isnt.you most certainly arent.at least there is reasoning behind our opinions, vs
AB spent less than a year putting together their new CD, in which time they played absolutely NO creed songs.

basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds. I've never said anything reguarding the time frame it took AB to put their CD, or what they did or didn't do while putting it together.

As i have read... Mark lets people know...most of the ODR tunes/lyrics were already written...stapp is starting from scratch...that takes more time.

Quote: if stapp wants any credibility to his solo career, he needs to stop playing Creed songs, make his music, and get it recorded, or tell these ppl he wont play creed songs, or better yet, stop making public appearances til hes done recording.

...maybe he is multi-tasking...dude can write, make public appearences, sing Creed songs if he wants to as well as record if that is what he chooses to do...

Quote: no offense, but where your sitting doesnt seem to have a lot of credibility to it.

no offense taken...and i hope that you take none with this comment...why judge him at all?...it appears the ones having the biggest problem with his choices are the very people that were never satisfied with him when he was with Creed, and felt he didn't live up to THEIR expectations of him then...or now...and if that is the case...then seems y'all just never "got it"...

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 12-05-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #49
grim_farva
USER INFO »
I think stapp shouldn't have sang higher!....the band that was with him sucked so bad it made the song sound bad also.....and the wanna be mark tremonti.........he needs to learn how to play more. i was very upset when i seen that i loved creed but i think since they are no more, the songs shouldn't be played.....mark, brian, and filp don't play creed songs at their shows, so scott shouldn't either
Old 12-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #50
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds.

But your comment, and the way you presented it, is basically insinuating that the other poster shouldn't have made their post because the non-Stapp people are biased towards AB. Sure you didn't directly say it, but we all know what you meant by your comment.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #51
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Sure you didn't directly say it, but we all know what you meant by your comment.

...thanks, Steve for the reminder...

NOTE TO SELF: gotta remember that even direct statements are apparently considered veiled statements...that there is no such thing as saying exactly what one means...
Old 12-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #52
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
I'm going to say one thing on the matter. Alter Bridge IS a DIFFERENT band than Creed was. Scott Stapp going solo IS not Creed. Alter Bridge wants to be LOOKED at as a NEW band starting from scratch and Scott Stapp is going down his own choice of life. So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another. And Creed was a joined force. A DEAD joined force that may never be seen again. So PLEASE for the respect of both parties, STOP arguing over Stapp's choices and Alter Bridge's choices in their NEW careers! How fair is that to Myles Kennedy by the way who was NEVER part of Creed and is NEW to this whole stage affair with Creed fans and the like? Thank you and I'll get OFF my soapbox!

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 12-06-2004, 01:22 AM   #53
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) basically, i could care less who is or isn't biased...because as you say, many are...all i said was that people have already made up their minds. I've never said anything reguarding the time frame it took AB to put their CD, or what they did or didn't do while putting it together.

As i have read... Mark lets people know...most of the ODR tunes/lyrics were already written...stapp is starting from scratch...that takes more time.

...maybe he is multi-tasking...dude can write, make public appearences, sing Creed songs if he wants to as well as record if that is what he chooses to do...

no offense taken...and i hope that you take none with this comment...why judge him at all?...it appears the ones having the biggest problem with his choices are the very people that were never satisfied with him when he was with Creed, and felt he didn't live up to THEIR expectations of him then...or now...and if that is the case...then seems y'all just never "got it"...
i never said you had said anything, i merely stated that AB had never used Creed to promote themselves, ie, playing Creed songs to advertise their new band, while doing so....
as far as mark saying so, if stapp wants to use old stuff that was never released, fine. no pronblem with that. im not wishing him any less success, merely that he was more independant, and promoting himself, as a solo artist then his resume with Creed, which was a BAND.
if he's multi tasking, there should be no exscuses made, he should be able to do it. i really want to hear his solo stuff, not Creed from another band. every public appearance that he makes without his solo stuff out there, makes me wonder justy how long its gonna be, and, well, im a little impatient, seeing how AB has already put out their CD, and done huge tour, and is still not done...
i was never dissatisfied with him with Creed, his voice was perfect for that.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-06-2004, 01:24 AM   #54
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ...thanks, Steve for the reminder...

NOTE TO SELF: gotta remember that even direct statements are apparently considered veiled statements...that there is no such thing as saying exactly what one means...
maybe there wouldt be so many inferences made if you would come out and say whatever it is you are wanting to say, w/o adding all the cutsie smiles and laughs to show it....
perfect example-note to self- unnecessary

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-06-2004, 04:49 AM   #55
RMadd
USER INFO »
i watched the copy of the video from pbf.... wow, i can't believe i stopped a creed (or anything related) performance so quickly! not only was stapp a bit off vocally, but the backing band sucked big fat hairy donkey balls. the riffs and all just didn't have the same feeling. the song was too fast, i wonder if that has anything to do w/ scott's shortness of breath while holding longer notes

Old 12-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #56
jammy123
USER INFO »
Quote: big fat hairy donkey balls
make that dinosaur
Old 12-06-2004, 07:14 AM   #57
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: i merely stated that AB had never used Creed to promote themselves
Really? On the AB CD I bought there was a sticker that announced that 3 of the members of Alter Bridge were from Creed.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #58
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
really.
there is, and on most radio stations theyll be introduced as such, that is a wind up decision. not theirs. not only have they stated that they are done with creed, but they also have not performed a single Creed song, much less in so public a fashion.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #59
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Really? On the AB CD I bought there was a sticker that announced that 3 of the members of Alter Bridge were from Creed.

here we go again....bashing Tremo and the guys....using any excuse against them....and that's not their fault...it's Wind-up's....the same one who released Creed Greatest Hits without Tremo and Flip support.....
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #60
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) I'm going to say one thing on the matter. Alter Bridge IS a DIFFERENT band than Creed was. Scott Stapp going solo IS not Creed. Alter Bridge wants to be LOOKED at as a NEW band starting from scratch and Scott Stapp is going down his own choice of life. So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another. And Creed was a joined force. A DEAD joined force that may never be seen again. So PLEASE for the respect of both parties, STOP arguing over Stapp's choices and Alter Bridge's choices in their NEW careers! How fair is that to Myles Kennedy by the way who was NEVER part of Creed and is NEW to this whole stage affair with Creed fans and the like? Thank you and I'll get OFF my soapbox!

Thank you for that Torn Signs.

This whole thread is the reason I do not frequent the BB anymore. It's all a bunch of CRAP!!!!!!

Everyone says they support AB and Stapp in whatever it is they are doing but most of you have made your minds up about Stapp. I don't care that he sings Creed songs and whether it was Tremo's and Flip's idea or not alot of people I know bought the AB cd because it said on it "former members of Creed"!!. We are all in titled to our own opinions but all these former Creed fans do nothing but bash the lead singer of one of their favorite bands. Way to go!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 12-06-2004 at 10:24 AM.