++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-18-2003, 09:28 PM   #31
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ok...i do have to mention this tho....he may not be THE best....but he is one of them....i kno that mark doesn't get to showcase his soloing skills as much as we'd like...but dont forget that he can surely do all sorts of styles of music...soft...hard...chunky...melodic.. HELL HE CAN EVEN DO FLAMENCO FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-18-2003, 09:36 PM   #32
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Love to hear some Tremonti-style mariachi!!! Ole'!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-18-2003, 10:01 PM   #33
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
maybe Downshifter will have some!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-18-2003, 10:10 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
you said it: underground...
Old 05-19-2003, 12:19 PM   #35
jango
USER INFO »
Adam Jones, Tom Morello, Mike McCready... and then maybe Tremonti.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-20-2003, 03:54 PM   #36
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Oh really?
First of as tecnique goes Steve Vai and Joe Satriani can bury him alive, and that's a fact.
As originality goes... well he's got none =)
As overall presence... he's ok there, but again, just average.

yea im going with lechium on this one... you guys are way too quick at throwing that "best guitarist" title around. hes good and all. but there are alot better than him, i.e. satriani, clapton, frampton, santana, Vai, Johnson, Hammett, buckethead, May, The King (anyone says elvis and i will shoot you).... which elvis did have some momments....

i mean... ive played instuments for almost a decade, took lessons for years... i based my whole musical theory, style, and technique on sting. i mean hes great and all but hes not the best. and there are others WAAAY better than him i.e. McCartney, Claypool, Jamerson, Barnett, Collins, Entwhistle, Geddy Lee (les claypool has even gone out publicly saying he's idolized Lee)

Brian Marshall was the reason I got into music it been years and i still cannot play torn the way i want to... i dont get that "Brian Marshall My Own Prison" feel (if any of you understand what i mean) yet i learned The Who's My Generation in under 20 minutes.... does that make Marshall better than Entwhistle? no. does that make me better than the both of them? not even close..... though id like to think so

well my point is......if any of you all can find it somewhere in there (cause i cannot)...... that you have to look deeper than just the cool guitars and effects. just because we are fans, we shouldnt all just start thowing that "best this and that" title around
Old 05-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #37
disconnected416
USER INFO »
the only guitarist that is better than Tremonti that is still making CDs is Metallicas lead and Dream Theaters lead
Old 05-20-2003, 06:50 PM   #38
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Mullet has a good point....we're somewhat biased (sp?) cuz it's our fav guy..... but the truth is he isnt.....but who's to say that's a bad thing?....if he was the best....then he wouldn't have anything to work for....why would you continue to make music if your already the best you can ever be?....so i for one am grateful that he's not the best....cuz that means he'll be trying to get even better!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-20-2003, 07:12 PM   #39
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by disconnected416
the only guitarist that is better than Tremonti that is still making CDs is Metallicas lead and Dream Theaters lead

Sorry, but when you can't name the lead guitarist for Metallica, nor provide a viable argument, your post matters not.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
thatīs what Iīve been saying. I never said Mark was the best, but I always said heīs my fav. Although Iīve been saying that Mark is among the best.

And one guitarist nobody said yet, despite heīs dead, is George Harrison. He was a great riff architect.

And comparissons... oh, cīmon...thatīs too hard... itīs like arguing whoīs better: Bill Elliot or Mario Andretti or Michael Schumacher? One is Nascar, the other is Indy and the other is Formula One...

When you see so many different styles, itīs not fair to compare. Maybe if we gave them all the same song, so they can play it and change it to their own style, but following some standards, then perhaps we would be able to point whoīs the best one.