++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #31
ggp2004
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I just saw it. It premiered at No. 20 on the VH1 countdown.

My opinion:

1) They need Scott

2) Mark, Flip and Brian looked great and sounded great

3) I can't look at Myles. I just don't care for him.

4) The song still doesn't do for me what Creed's songs did.

5) I don't understand the meaning of the video (is there one?)

6) Myles doesn't have the "presence" that Scott has.

Do we share feelings? This is so weird because I totally agree with you about everything you said.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #32
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) He looks like a cross between a monkey and Chad Kroeger. When I first saw the OWE video on VH1 it was after the new Nickelback song. Hehe, monkey boy....I'm sorry. [oooh oooh - aaah aaaaaah!]

I like Nickelback. But, I can't look at Chad either.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ggp2004) Do we share feelings? This is so weird because I totally agree with you about everything you said.
I honestly am trying to like Alter Bridge. I want to give them a chance because of my love for Creed.

I'm sorry, but they just haven't struck a chord with me yet.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #33
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I saw the video for the first time this morning and the song is growing on me and Mark's guitar solo is phenomenal as always!! I like Myles' voice but I'm not even going to compare his voice to Scott's because they are totally different. I have to admit, it made me a little sad seeing them all together without Scott. Don't get me wrong, I've come to terms with the break up and wish all of them the best, it's just going to take some time to get used to seeing them without Stapp.

Relearn Love
Old 07-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #34
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) I have to admit, it made me a little sad seeing them all together without Scott. Don't get me wrong, I've come to terms with the break up and wish all of them the best, it's just going to take some time to get used to seeing them without Stapp.
I know exactly what you mean Sheila. It's kind of like you were expecting to see Scott with them.

But, you know what, I think after we hear Scott's song - we'll feel differently. But, that's another topic in another thread.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:17 PM   #35
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) He looks like a cross between a monkey and Chad Kroeger. When I first saw the OWE video on VH1 it was after the new Nickelback song. Hehe, monkey boy....I'm sorry. [oooh oooh - aaah aaaaaah!]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 11:07 PM   #36
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Quote: My opinion:

1) They need Scott

2) Mark, Flip and Brian looked great and sounded great

5) I don't understand the meaning of the video (is there one?)

First of all, if you truly are "trying" to like AB, you'll have to let go of the feelings you have/had about Creed. This isn't Creed and won't take their place. Ever. Nothing any of the individual members does is going to replace what we (generally speaking) felt for that band and their music. If you'll stop trying to compare the two, you'll probably find it a little easier to enjoy the new music.

As for the disdain you hold for Myles...again, I think you're trying to view him as a replacement for Stapp, someone you truly admire and miss seeing. Now that he has new material coming out, you'll be able to hear his voice and see his face. Maybe you'll then be able to let go of the need to compare Myles to Scott and just see him for who he is....a very talented vocalist and all around nice guy.

Four of the six points you made were keeping with trying to compare AB to Creed in some form. I believe that as long as you continue to try to make AB "size-up" to this band that you (we) have held in such high regard, you'll never be happy about the music they put out. Obviously, Mark, Scott, and Brian looked and sounded great because they are happy about the music they are making with Myles. If we could all just enjoy the material like they do and quit trying to draw comparisons, we might have a little easier go of it and be able to end some of the feuding over who's going to fare better.

Sorry for the essay-type post.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #37
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You'r point is a valid one, very true and respectable but its actually what I had/have for the band that is making me [probably more] still wanting badly to like the new band.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #38
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) First of all, if you truly are "trying" to like AB, you'll have to let go of the feelings you have/had about Creed. This isn't Creed and won't take their place. Ever. Nothing any of the individual members does is going to replace what we (generally speaking) felt for that band and their music. If you'll stop trying to compare the two, you'll probably find it a little easier to enjoy the new music.
You are right, this won't take Creed's place. I'm not trying to compare. I'm really not enjoying the music. If it wasn't Mark/Flip/Brian, I wouldn't even be listening to it. The lyrics are just "there".

I've been over Creed for a while. They are my favorite band, but after hearing Scott's song over the weekend, I realized that as long as we still have him out there creating music - life is just fine without Creed. I did't feel that way after hearing AB.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) As for the disdain you hold for Myles...again, I think you're trying to view him as a replacement for Stapp, someone you truly admire and miss seeing. Now that he has new material coming out, you'll be able to hear his voice and see his face. Maybe you'll then be able to let go of the need to compare Myles to Scott and just see him for who he is....a very talented vocalist and all around nice guy.
Nobody compares to Scott....NOBODY. There is nobody in Scott's league as far as his passionate singing, the lyrics, the beautiful voice. Scott has incredible stage presence. I'm sorry, but IMO, Myles doesn't have that. He does nothing for me.

After hearing Scott's new song - I found out that they do need Scott. Scott does not need them. He has proven that by writing and singing an absolutely amazing song. Scott's lyrics are deep and meaningful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) Four of the six points you made were keeping with trying to compare AB to Creed in some form. I believe that as long as you continue to try to make AB "size-up" to this band that you (we) have held in such high regard, you'll never be happy about the music they put out. Obviously, Mark, Scott, and Brian looked and sounded great because they are happy about the music they are making with Myles. If we could all just enjoy the material like they do and quit trying to draw comparisons, we might have a little easier go of it and be able to end some of the feuding over who's going to fare better.
Again, not trying to compare. AB's music is not "special". It doesn't stand out. Scott is what made Creed special because of his songwriting abilities.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) You'r point is a valid one, very true and respectable but its actually what I had/have for the band that is making me [probably more] still wanting badly to like the new band.
Ditto

Last edited by Shadow : 08-02-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
AB is so unCreed. Look at the new clips... I liked them much better than OYE!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #40
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) AB is so unCreed. Look at the new clips... I liked them much better than OYE!!!
Maybe OYE was the wrong choice for the first single.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #41
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Maybe OYE was the wrong choice for the first single.

I think OYE was a good choice for the first single. The world will look to Alter Bridge (at least in this early moment) like a band with the ex-creed guys. It's a good song. More tastefully and comercial for the people who listened Creed for all this time.

I'm a Scott Stapp fan. I've already said in these boards that I was very upset about Alter Bridge, but now that I listened to some songs I changed my mind. I'm enjoing it.

I just can wait to hear Relearn Love and the new Scott's Album. I think we can live and love the two remain sides of Creed if we stop to think that Creed will be back soon. I hope someday They back and be that RockStorm that we love, but for now, we can't do nothing. Just apreciate what these guys are giving to us.

Peace for all
Old 08-02-2004, 12:02 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
It's Wind-Up... They had to pick the most Creedish song to start the transition from Creed to AB. Whenever Wind-Up releases a single, they always play safe, with most radio friendly song.

Next single will be different.

It will happen with Stapp's first single from the actual solo album as well.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #43
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i caught the video this morning on vh1, i was able to record it
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 08-02-2004, 12:42 PM   #44
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Quote: I'm not trying to compare.

But yet you do:
Quote: 1) They need Scott

It's absolutely fine if you don't like Alter Bridge...and you don't even have to tell anyone why. You shouldn't feel like you need to be so defensive. It's all a matter of personal taste. For instance:
Quote: I found out that they do need Scott. Scott does not need them.

I feel exactly the same way vice versa. I think they're doing just great with Myles, but I feel like the "music" aspect of Relearn Love left alot to be desired. I still hold hope that Stapp's CD will be much better than this song.

To each his own right?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #45
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) To each his own right?
Right.

And BTW, I never said I didn't like AB. I will get the CD and give them a chance. But like I said, if it wasn't because of who they were, I wouldn't even do that, especially based on OYE.

Myles' voice doesn't do anything for me.