++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #2221
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

August 29th

"One."

Wouldn't it be great if we could tear down all the walls that divide us; racial, social, and gender. The apostle Paul spent his entire life trying to do just that, to tear down the walls that divided people by bringing them to Jesus and the cross. There are no positions of superiority or inferiority at the foot of the cross, only those who discover God's might displayed in sacrifice and God's love displayed in the face of human cruelty. While the forces of culture and human selfishness are always finding ways to divide us, we must remember that in Jesus, and only in Jesus, we can be one.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28

Affirmative may be justified take from one give to another
The goal is to be unified take my hand be my brother
The payment silenced the masses sanctified by oppression
Unity took a back seat sliding further in regression
One the only way is one
I feel angry I feel helpless, want to change the world
I feel violent I feel alone, don't try and change my mind
Society blind by color why hold down one to raise another
Discrimination now on both sides seeds of hate blossom further
The world is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity
We may rise and fall, but in the end we meet our fate together

One the only way is one!

~Creed

Heaven

Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #2222
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 30th

"God's family is grace."

Those of us who have been Christians a long time sometimes forget that we have no claim or right to the grace we have received. When we feel we deserve it, that it is ours by right, it is no longer grace and we no longer have it. To be a part of God's family is grace. Our lives are a gift from the Holy One who spoke into existence the universe (in which we are) and who knows how to share and love in ways we can't even imagine.

You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household.

Ephesians 2:19

Heaven

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #2223
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) August 30th

"God's family is grace."

Those of us who have been Christians a long time sometimes forget that we have no claim or right to the grace we have received. When we feel we deserve it, that it is ours by right, it is no longer grace and we no longer have it. To be a part of God's family is grace. Our lives are a gift from the Holy One who spoke into existence the universe (in which we are) and who knows how to share and love in ways we can't even imagine.

You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household.

Ephesians 2:19

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS BROTHER HOW HIGH IS YOUR HEAVEN AMEN AND AMEN In This World And The Alffictions THAT THE CHILDREN OF GOD HAVE ENDURED CANT BE REMINDED ENOUGH PRAISE JESUS THAT THEY ARE HIS great post brother David Great Post BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH KATS
Old 08-31-2008, 08:01 AM   #2224
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 31st

"A David prayer."

It is the unspeakable comfort of all believers, that whoever is against them, God is for them; and to him they may apply as to one pleased to concern himself for them. David's enemies laughed at him for his devotion, but they could not laugh him out of it.

God rejoices when we repay good for good and love with love.

And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

Psalm 109:5

Let me repay no one evil for good, or evil for evil, either. Let my response always be one of love. Amen.

Heaven

Old 09-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #2225
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 1st

"Do unto others."

People who live by selfish emotions find themselves empty and alone most of the time. Their bitterness causes them to curse their life, their friends, their God. Finally, they find it nearly impossible to utter any kind words at all. Those people will not find blessing in their own lives, because they refuse to bring it to others' lives. It is a fact that the blessing we share is the blessing that comes back to us. Likewise, the curse we impart comes back on us, to make us unhappy and guilty.

As he loved cursing, so let it co me unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Psalm 109:17

Heaven

Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 AM   #2226
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 2nd

"Teach me your truth."

Sometimes we get so caught up in the wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of his grace we forget to ask him to teach us his truth.

The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:64

Heaven

Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #2227
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 3rd

"Avoid the traps of subterfuge."

Let the conniving and deceitful people be warned: The time will come when you will be called to account before God. He is watching each of us, to see how we handle our lives. Those of us who entangle ourselves in less than honest practices will one day have to pay. The Lord wants us to deal with our earthly affairs with the purity and honesty we use in our relationship with Him. Anything less is not good enough. If we will deal with others as if they are our Lord Jesus Christ, then we will never suffer through the confusion of the deceitful.

Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

Psalm 109:29

Heaven

Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #2228
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) September 2nd

"Teach me your truth."

Sometimes we get so caught up in the wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of his grace we forget to ask him to teach us his truth.

The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:64

Heaven

AMEN PRAISE JESUS I,AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE the skys showforth his endless beauty the green beauty And Oh the beautiful color Of Night BUT OH WHAT ABOUT JESUS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATION WHO SUFFERED SHAME AND AGONEY FOR THE HOPLESNESS THAT WENT FORTH WHEN THAT CUP JUST WOULD,NT T PASS WHO FOUGHT ALL THEROYS FOR US AND SEEN MOSES LAW FUFILLED Awsome Post Brother BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #2229
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 4th

"The clatter of Judas’ condemning coins."

When we make choices that betray Jesus, eventually our lives become filled with sorrow. Even well-intentioned followers find that their desire to love and serve Him is frequently on a collision course with the lure of cash or other seductions. But the things we have gained at His expense ultimately and inevitably become clanging symbols of sorrow and regret.

I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.

Matthew 27:4

Heaven

Old 09-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #2230
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 5th

"Last words."

The last words of a parent to a child leaving for college. The last words of a loved one at the bedside of someone dying. The last words of a friend before moving to a distant place. These last words are chosen with care because they leave a lasting impact. Jesus' last words are our marching orders. "Go make disciples of all peoples! To do this," he emphasized, "you must go where they are, baptize them, and then teach them to do what I taught you to do." Not hard to understand, so what are we doing about obeying those last commands?

[Jesus said,] "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to very end of the age."

Matthew 28:18-20

Heaven

Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #2231
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 6th

"Do your best even under duress."

The apostle Paul encouraged the Thessalonians to give their all for God. They were to exhort, warn, comfort, rejoice, pray, and express their gratitude to God, among other things. We too should always do our best in our Christian life and service. But when pressure-periods come and we just don’t have the time we feel we need, we should do the best we can and then prayerfully trust God’s faithfulness. Be faithful and leave the results to God.

He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:24

Heaven

Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #2232
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen

Brother David thanks For The Pick Me Up TIME IS PRECIOUS when our time is taken From Him HE PROMISED US HE WOULD BE WITH US WHERE EVER WE GO HE IS THE AUTHER AND FINSHIER OF OUR FAITH AND IN THOSE TIMES GETTING BACK WE BELIEVE WE CAN PEFORM ALL THINGS WITH CHRIST WHO STRENTHENS US BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH KATS brother david i think a lot of folk is just praying for me to have shorter post
Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #2233
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Surely not...

Heaven

Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #2234
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 7th

"What is our ministry?"

Our goal as Christians is not to obey some law, to adhere to some set of rules, or even be followers of some discipline. Our goal as Christians is to be conformed to the character and ministry of Jesus. This is the Spirit's work in us ( 2 Cor. 3:18 ) and as Paul makes clear here and in other places ( Galatians 4:19 ) that this is his goal in working with others.

We proclaim him [Jesus], admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we present everyone perfect in Christ.

Colossians 1:28

Heaven

Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #2235
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 8th

"Submit your will."

We want the Spirit to be at work in us to make us like Jesus. For this to happen, we must open our heart to the will of God. There are no greater words God wants to hear than "teach me to do your will." That is what it means for him to be God, to have control over our life and our will.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Psalm 143:10

Heaven