++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #31
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) As I said at abb.net... I just got some editing software and wanted to do a test project to practice using the program. It only took a few hours to do, so I posted it, and yesterday it was in the Top 50 at YouTube and linked by Gorilla Mask and VH1.

So, it was no waste of time. And I think Stapp is the one that needs to get a life, considering all that time he spends hitting the bottle...

Anyone who enjoyed the terrible cinematic garbage of the "Daredevil" franchise should hardly be one to speak about having a life.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #32
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) So let me get this straight... a guy who has an excerpt from the Bible created this? You do realize that you're being the hypocrite that you are accusing Stapp of being, right?

No, I'm not, because I'm not a figure in the media preaching total crap to millions of fans. And it is part of the reason I did this. It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses, and making it look so awful in the process. I don't pretend to be something I'm not, unlike Mr. Stapp.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #33
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Anyone who enjoyed the terrible cinematic garbage of the "Daredevil" franchise should hardly be one to speak about having a life.

And to criticize someone for their avatar is pretty fucking silly, low, and pointless. I know a lot of people that liked the film, and to like a film certainly does not devoid someone of a life. I did like the film when it came out, and since the pic fits my user name, I use it. I don't like the film anymore, but if the picture offends you, there is nothing I can do.

I'm offended that you are actually still a fan of Scott Stapp.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #34
WhatSayYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I'm offended that you are actually still a fan of Scott Stapp.
Well this is where the friends and fans of Scott Stapp gather........so why are you here?
Old 03-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #35
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatSayYou) Well this is where the friends and fans of Scott Stapp gather........so why are you here?
maybe you should report his trespass to Steve.
I'm tired of people suggesting who should or who shouldn't be posting anywhere.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #36
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatSayYou) Well this is where the friends and fans of Scott Stapp gather........so why are you here?

I simply posted to take credit for my video. Hadn't planned on posting again, but I decided I needed to knock down Chase's asinine comments.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #37
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I simply posted to take credit for my video. Hadn't planned on posting again, but I decided I needed to knock down Chase's asinine comments.

I'm offended that you endulge in horrible Ben Affleck movies.

And another thing, I honestly find making fun of people who suffer from alcoholism to be more low than making fun of an avatar... since you obviously like to use Biblical quotes please find the one where it says :"thou shalt make fun of people who are struggling with their faith."

Last edited by Chase : 03-08-2006 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #38
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I'm offended that you endulge in horrible Ben Affleck movies.

And another thing, I honestly find making fun of people who suffer from alcoholism to be more low than making fun of an avatar... since you obviously like to use Biblical quotes please find the one where it says :"thou shalt make fun of people who are struggling with their faith."

First of all, I said I don't like that movie anymore. If you really want me to change it and my username, I will. I don't even know why that's an issue. If you want to debate the truth about alcoholism, we could get into that all day. I concur with the thoughts from the most recent South Park episode (best show ever), that it's not a "disease," and instead of someone claiming to be a victim they should take responsibility of their own actions. A disease, I think, is usually something that a person has no control over. Scott Stapp started his own poor drinking habits. Is smoking a disease? No, it causes disease.

About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #39
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) First of all, I said I don't like that movie anymore. If you really want me to change it and my username, I will. I don't even know why that's an issue. If you want to debate the truth about alcoholism, we could get into that all day. I concur with the thoughts from the most recent South Park episode (best show ever), that it's not a "disease," and instead of someone claiming to be a victim they should take responsibility of their own actions. A disease, I think, is usually something that a person has no control over. Scott Stapp started his own poor drinking habits. Is smoking a disease? No, it causes disease.

About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.

How do you know he hasn't had any remorse? Unlike you, I chose not to kick someone while their down... and I find it to be more fulfilling to keep an optimistic outlook. I don't see how gossiping about what Stapp ate for breakfast or where he took his last piss will give you any pleasure. But back to alcoholism. The American Hospital Association, the American Public Health Association, the National Association of Social Workers, and the American College of Physicians classify "alcoholism" as a disease. But... of course you know a hell of a lot more than the nation's most respected medical doctors.

Last edited by Chase : 03-08-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:10 AM   #40
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »

I'm well aware it's classified as a disease. But he caused his problem, and he continues to blame everything on everyone but himself.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #41
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I'm well aware it's classified as a disease. But he caused his problem, and he continues to blame everything on everyone but himself.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree. It seems like in his most recent interviews... he's actually trying to make a change in his life and is finally accepting responsibility for his actions.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #42
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

i juat love how some people judge!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #43
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Here's the formal definition of disease:
Quote: "A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms."

Here's another one of the definitions of disease:
Quote: "A condition or tendency, as of society, regarded as abnormal and harmful."

So yeah it's a tendency to constantly get drunk and out of control, which is abnormal and harmful. Clearly, it is NOT a disease in the formal sense. It is something that is within a person's control. I do not feel one bit of sympathy for alcoholic assholes like Scott Stapp.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) No, I'm not, because I'm not a figure in the media preaching total crap to millions of fans. And it is part of the reason I did this. It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses, and making it look so awful in the process. I don't pretend to be something I'm not, unlike Mr. Stapp.

If I may step in and say something(I'm short on time, so I can't address everything you've said). You're a Christian, right? So why are you judging Stapp and saying that he is "pretending to be something that he is not"? How do YOU know what his relationship with God is like? You don't. Further, as a Christian, if you judge others, you are sinning.

Regarding alcoholism, it IS a disease and the top doctors all agree on this. Yes, Stapp is the one who picked up the bottle in the first place and began to drink it. But he, like those who pick up cigarettes and smoke them, got addicted to it. And addiction is a hard thing to beat. Ask any smoker who has tried to quit smoking, any alcoholic who has tried to stop drinking. They'll all tell you how hard it is for them to quit, that the odds are stacked against them.

It's apparent that Stapp has at least TRIED to quit drinking(the repeated stints in rehab show this) and has, unfortunately, failed. But he, like many other alcholics who want to quit, keeps trying to give it up, not because of the ex-fans who criticize his every move, but because of his son, his wife and his family. That still doesn't mean he's going to be able to completely quit this, but he's at least going to make an effort.

And I guess you haven't heard about any of Stapp's latest concerts, or read his recent interviews. He HAS taken full responsibility for his actions. He isn't blaming it on his ex-bandmates, the ex-manager or anyone else. Not to mention how gracious he has been to the fans. It truly looks like he has changed since the Creed days, even changed since the recent arrests.

Call me crazy, but as a fan, I prefer to have a positive outlook. I don't agree with everything Stapp does, but it isn't my place to pass judgment on every little thing that happens in his life. Because, at the end of the day, I'm a Christian myself and, just like him, I'm going to make mistakes.

If you want to continue to criticize him for doing something you surely do(make mistakes), go right ahead. That's your choice. But as for me, I'm not going to criticize his every move, because it just isn't my place.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #45
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Wow! For someone who clearly hates Stapp, it's pretty interesting that this would be the first practice "project" that came to mind. Way too much energy spent on someone you don't even like, if you ask me. As they say ... There's a fine line between love and hate.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of this video actually made people laugh.